• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Would not be so weird if Sony is doing maintenance now. The servers have been down for a while, might as well add a few extra hours and do everything in one go.

Kayant

They're claiming they're going to perform a dban. Seems too convenient. What a crap show today.

Looked that up... Well then still don't believe it until shit happens which will suck sadly but this sounds like he is just throwing shit out there. Yep indeed it has been.

XBL should be fine now. Haven't had any issue since it was back up for me.

I swear on me mum, if you don't stop with this JIF bull i'm gonna grab this coloured aluminium rod, smack you over the head with it and make a GIF out of it.

Ecks gon give it to ya.

anigif_enhanced-13431-1393550598-3.gif

BokehKing

Banned
Would not be so weird if Sony is doing maintenance now. The servers have been down for a while, might as well add a few extra hours and do everything in one go.
Yeah but what exactly did Sony plan on doing tomorrow? Was it server wise or more stability.

How long would it take to set it up like Microsoft's multiple data centers?

Ghazi

Possibly. It would be foolish to assume that they're totally immune, but they definitely have more experience in dealing with these sort of attacks compared to Sony. MS have been involved with online services for ages, and as such are a huge target for hackers/script kiddies. It makes sense that they can more easily deal with this sort of thing.

Also, bonus GIF:

mshackgaps6.gif

The Seattle area (most likely MS HQ) being targeted by hackers. And that's just in one morning.

That is pretty damn cool.

Yeah but what exactly did Sony plan on doing tomorrow? Was it server wise or more stability.

How long would it take to set it up like Microsoft's multiple data centers?

No idea. Perhaps some preparation for the upcoming firmware update they announced on Gamescom? Even though that is a little early.

Kiant

But how? I have it on wifi.

If you can't get past the user selection screen at all then the only option would be turning off your router/modem. Then if that works, go into settings and disable the network connection - then restart your internet.

Top Bottom