• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

L.O.R.D

Xbox SA is now effected
NrQJPCp.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Wow, seems Sony didn't learn shit since the 2011 PSN hack. Fucking pathetic. A lot of people saying how these hackers are amateurs, but yet they crippled the entire PSN servers for at least a day, really shows how Sony didn't do squat to upgrade and protect their servers for amateuristic ddos attacks.

Have you read the title of the thread?

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow, seems Sony didn't learn shit since the 2011 PSN hack. Fucking pathetic. A lot of people saying how these hackers are amateurs, but yet they crippled the entire PSN servers for at least a day, really shows how Sony didn't do squat to upgrade and protect their servers for amateuristic ddos attacks.

What. Are you for real

ViciousDS

Banned
Why would Twitter shut it down when they could allow these idiots to continue incriminating themselves?

Right we have two hackers going after each other, at least one if not both will be taken out in attacks against each other

Minus the DDoS and bomb threats of course, this shit is entertaining

Derphoof

Someone? You mean the dude thats been quoted for the last 30 pages, released a video and has tweeted the fact?

Yeah, the FamedGod guy. Blanked on his name when I was posting.

Anywho, according to the LizardSquad Facebook Page, as of 11 minutes ago they doxxed him and put up all of his info as retaliation for exposing them.

This drama is extremely entertaining at the moment.

scy.gif

gogogow

Yeah it's just Sony that's hacked, right? Because a random video is to be believed, right? Some people...

What some people? Sony got hacked to hell in 2011 and got personal information from 77 million accounts stolen and yet their servers are still so easy to get crippled. I don't give a shit about the video, what I do know is that I can't sign-in into PSN and play the games I want to play for an entire day. The fact that other sites got easily hacked too doesn't mean it's okay for Sony's to be slacking with their servers. Some people...

I am honestly surprised they haven't. They broke Federal law on Twitter by sending bomb threats. I'm pretty sure that has to be against their ToS.

I feel like the folks at Twitter are bros who enjoy seeing the popcorn as much as us.

It's likely still up so that the police/FBI/whoever want them to keep posting so they can have more that enough evidence if they prosecute them.

test_account

XP-39C²
I dont understand how you can make a statement like that, like "didn't do squat to upgrade and protect their server" based on a Youtube video comment/description.

213372bu

Banned
That fame guy is fucked thats literaly his digital life

Deleted comments say that his D.o.b. and age for those accounts don't match on many things. They also say how it says he signed up for a mastercard at the age of 15, which isn't possible.

Kayant

You should probably use a search engine and see none of those claims are true and where is the info that has been comprised.

People need to stop believing random stuff online. Also it wasn't fame that did the ddos attacks it was either lizardsquad or someone else.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Wow.

riotous

Banned
can't wait for everyone to (rightfully) shit on the new f2p whatever CliffB game.

Yeah and I hope everyone who works with him is sucking dick for crack by the end of the year. They should all be ashamed of themselves, I mean the guy said a few kinda douchey things!! I HOPE IS GAME IS TERRIBLE!! MUIAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Vantriztic

Neo Member

IlnwN1p.gif

Remark

Banned
Yeah, the FamedGod guy. Blanked on his name when I was posting.

Anywho, according to the LizardSquad Facebook Page, as of 11 minutes ago they doxxed him and put up all of his info as retaliation for exposing them.

This drama is extremely entertaining at the moment.

scy.gif
lel the two are hacking each other back and forth. seems lizardsquad got in a full dox though.

Hoje0308

Banned
Right we have two hackers going after each other, at least one if not both will be taken out in attacks against each other

I imagine they're leaving a digital trail of some sort. I'm sure anyone investigating this case would prefer that trail to be as easily identifiable as possible. Keep tweeting away, kiddos!

prwxv3

What some people? Sony got hacked to hell in 2011 and got personal information from 77 million accounts stolen and yet their servers are still so easy to get crippled. I don't give a shit about the video, what I do know is that I can't sign-in into PSN and play the games I want to play for an entire day. The fact that other sites got easily hacked too doesn't mean it's okay for Sony's to be slacking with their servers. Some people...

Look up DDos bro. It's not hacking.

Boke1879

Well Sony isn't "hacked" as you call it. Go look up what a DDoS is

nynt9

ok man. just ignore the whole "DDOS" thing

OmegaDL50

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126882569&postcount=3719

Security means nothing if you have hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of random IP addresses pinging you constantly, not stop, repeatedly on end.

Please learn what a DDoS is.

Croyles

The point is, you can DDOS pretty much anything as long as it isn't Microsoft (the amount of servers they have seem to be unreal), be it government sites or anything else.

Averon

There's very little Sony, or any company, can do to defend themselves against a DDoS attack. Not matter how much they up their security, a determined DDoS attack will bring down a network.

Kinda weird to see that this Famed dude was pumping his chest as the master haxxor and making fun of the more kiddie Lizard dudes only for them to haxxor backzzor.

This internet drama would he funny if it wasn't for my first world problems right now.

Top Bottom