• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN being hit by DDOS?

YoshiMax

Multiple complaints last few hours this is about the third time this week - is this the culprit?

Bonus:

Rayderism

I don't know, maybe it's just some sort of hardware failure with their servers. It certainly would be nice if Sony actually told us something about what's going on.

Nattan

Yeah, there has been a lot of problems with PSN during this and past week. Worked fine yesterday, but today friend list and messages have been down.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

Been using PSN today no problem.
Same here. I haven't had any problems for a long time with psn.

I think the last time was the Christmas ddos from lizard squad a few years back. But I do play at odd times so maybe I just miss them completely.

zenspider

Everything works regarding the store and stuff from the home menu, but Monster Hunter fails to connect consistently the last 24 hours.

Petrae

The PlayStation Twitter account is getting lit up after advertising Monster Hunter World and things you can do in the game that you couldn’t in the beta... since playing online isn’t one of those things.

Auto-scheduling social media posts is great until situations like these, when your online service shits the bed for the 3rd time in a week and is currently offline. It pisses people off, and... well... they get the flak they kinda deserve.

Three times offline in a week for a $60/yr service is a very bad look— especially with Sony’s continued lack of explanation/transparency.

Dugna

tried buying some PS+ to play with friends in MH World, it let me add funds from my paypal, but it won't let me buy the PS+ because of some reason, I'm really hoping its this or I lost $25 I can't get back.

Bazookaxp

Sad to see DDOS still happening these days. I hope Sony are able to put a stop to it asap. Right now it feels like Microsoft has been able to keep the DDOS attacks at bay, so I hope Sony and Microsoft are still sharing info and reporting to the authorities to bring these people to justice.

Last edited:

Smoke6

Starting to believe Microsoft fanboys are doing this shit!

Every big release this happens it seems!

preskerd

Neo Member
Sony needs to fix this already. This was a problem since ps3. But at least we didn't pay them for online at that time. Now it's almost like a joke that I've to pay such a low quality service. When this happens nearly everytime there is a big release, you have to do something to prevent it 'before' the game released not trying to fix after your servers go down

Bazookaxp

Starting to believe Microsoft fanboys are doing this shit!

Every big release this happens it seems!
Let's not get silly about this. These are lonely people that get off for taking down giant servers. These are not the crazy fanboys that yell at people over Ps. That is why the big three started working together to lock these people up.

Fbh

Been having trouble connecting today. On one of the few days that several of my friends have time to play.

Fix your shit Sony. This gen we are actually paying to play online

I remember reading that this guy was retiring. Did someone else take over the account or did he decide to continue in the end (not that I'm complaining either way)

Last edited:

YoshiMax

Been having trouble connecting today. On one of the few days that several of my friends have time to play.

Fix your shit Sony. This gen we are actually paying to play online

I remember reading that this guy was retiring. Did someone else take over the account or did he decide to continue in the end (not that I'm complaining either way)

He said he was giving it a year then he was done I think?

Aranea

I haven't been able to play online for most of the day. This has been like the 4 time this has happened this week? I wonder what's going on the PSN servers.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

tenor.gif

Shin

Banned
DDoS happens everyday, 3 large Dutch banks were hit yesterday also, just goes to show that it could be anyone.
Use force to break down a door, until then knock on every door until 1 caves in...that's basically it in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Playing with friends has been a complete mess all night, continually dropping each other etc.. PSN gonna PSN.

Rayderism

I was thinking that maybe it's those Spectre and Meltdown exploits causing the problems......like, they patched them and are now experiencing the lowered performance that was purported to happen. So now their servers are just choking all the time under the load of millions of users.

Top Bottom