• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Zoe said:
I've noticed that a lot of the reported suspicious activity seems to be taking place in EU... that might have something to do with it.

ohh that was a pretty racist comment.. I should be really offendeD right now.. but seeing I´m from Europe, I´m to lazy to be offended...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fistwell said:
Oh we can do that? Put me down for the next 12-24 months!

That's unrealistic. Realistically it'll be up between the days of the 2nd or the 3rd. Hence, me splitting my chance between the 2nd or 3rd.

I severely doubt I'll get that $20 PSN card anyway, so I'm just playing for fun.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
mr stroke said:
May 1 2011
Late Afternoon
A sunday... most likely not going to happen.

Hanmik said:
ohh that was a pretty racist comment.. I should be really offendeD right now.. but seeing I´m from Europe, I´m to lazy to be offended...
European is not race.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MThanded said:
A sunday... most likely not going to happen.

Well, this is not your regular FW update. I don't think the usual FW pattern in terms of release weekday/time applies here.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Fistwell said:
That's a clever phishing attempt! "Hey guys you've all won! Just pm me all your names address and CC information ok thanks!"

I expected a scam somewhere with a list. "I have the list, but don't want to share it. Just give me all your info so I can see if you are on it"

Grampasso

test_account said:
Although i do belive that money were taken from your account, are you sure that it was PSN related? Do you use that card anywhere else, like i ATM machines? If you do, maybe you used it in an ATM machine that had skimming equipment installed?

I do agree that it would quite a coincidence if this happened just now that PSN has been hacked, but i'm just wondering if it could be something else instead, and just be a coincidence.
Indeed... after 13 years, never had a single problem with stuff like that, and this is a coincidence? When the bank operator herself told me about Sony contacting them? Seriously?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Grampasso said:
Indeed... after 13 years, never had a single problem with stuff like that, and this is a coincidence? When the bank operator herself told me about Sony contacting them? Seriously?

Did they tell you how much money was being taken from your CC? Did they specify what sort of transaction was going on?

dirkdiggy

Neo Member
I can't believe all the kissy-face comments on the playstation blog regarding all this. Sony totally fucked up and everybody is like "thanks Sony, good going, thanks again for alllowing all of our personal info to be stolen." vent over

jax (old)

Banned
Grampasso said:

Maybe it is. I don't get why you're so moany. Because if its CC fraud. Your bank will have to Reimburse you anyhow.

TTP said:
Did they tell you how much money was being taken from your CC? Did they specify what sort of transaction was going on?

this. and well, he should be able to get a statement and see where it went anyhow.

Hanmik

Grampasso said:

I do not doubt you, you were informed of that.. but the way you worded the post it sounds a little strange/fishy.. You never mentioned anything about some transactions form your card, just that your card was cloned, and that the info was from Sony. Somehow they have to know that some unauthorized person used your card, how else would they now that the car was cloned or anything else..?
With the sparse info we got from you post, we have a hard time believing the stuff the bank told you.

Has this been posted yet?

i-8Wvvm6p-XL.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dirkdiggy said:
I can't believe all the kissy-face comments on the playstation blog regarding all this. Sony totally fucked up and everybody is like "thanks Sony, good going, thanks again for alllowing all of our personal info to be stolen." vent over

They are thanking them for the updates, not for the info being stolen.

Hanmik

Neuromancer said:
Has this been posted yet?

no first time I seen this in this thread.. and quess what..? it didn´t even make me smile.. just gave me a painfull urge to go to the toilet.. brb.

Grampasso said:
Did they really tell you this though?

"Today finally Sony admitted it's because the hacker managed to clone several credit cards (including mine)."

Seems far fetched as Sony and credit card companies are saying the opposite. Maybe the operator you were talking to was just full of it.

Comics like that have always seemed lazy. You may as well just say what happened in text format, maybe they could also explain the stem cell research part.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realize it was Penny Arcade.

test_account

XP-39C²
Grampasso said:
Did Sony contact your bank about your creditcard specifically or did they contact your bank more as a general message to be on alert for possible CC fraud?

But did you use your card any other places, like in ATM machines/minibanks? But again, i agree that it seems related to PSN, but "impossible" coincidences can happened.

jax (old)

Banned
Grampasso said:
Ok, I guess this is important so please mods move it in the op if you must:
I just received an SMS about my credit card (the one linked to PSN) being blocked.
I phoned my bank service number and they confirmed me that it was indeed Sony Network fault because they've been receiving a lot of phone calls about cash flow not being authorized in the last 4 days. Today finally Sony admitted it's because the hacker managed to clone several credit cards (including mine).
The card now has been blocked and a new one has been emitted.

also:

this original grampasso post = nothing about money being stolen from his account. Then of course, now its "(at least 300-400€) ". I'm sorry but I do think this is FUD. and bullshit.

Jax said:
also:

this original grampasso post = nothing about money being stolen from his account. Then of course, now its "(at least 300-400€) ". I'm sorry but I do think this is FUD. and bullshit.
I think the at least 300-400€ was related to the work he'll be missing.

jax (old)

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I think the at least 300-400€ was related to the work he'll be missing.

so a cancelled credit card = missing work? Huh?

I had to come back home from the city where I work and probably will lose several work days (at least 300-400€) for this reason, so FUCK YOU.

huh? why does anyone have to go home from the city "where I work" because of a cancelled credit card?

several days? Huh?

electroshockwave said:
Comics like that have always seemed lazy. You may as well just say what happened in text format, maybe they could also explain the stem cell research part.
seriously guys?

this is penny arcade spoofing political cartoons. this is their idea of what a lazy political cartoonist would draw on the PSN topic.

every detail isn't meant to be taken literally. it's a joke.

Solstice said:
It's a reference to a previous Penny Arcade comic where they just threw it in for the hell of it.

EDIT: Here it is:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/503423093_guoAU-L-2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Haha now I remember, man you have a good memory.

[QUOTE=plagiarize]seriously guys?

this is penny arcade spoofing political cartoons. this is their idea of what a lazy political cartoonist would draw on the PSN topic.

every detail isn't meant to be taken literally. it's a joke.[/QUOTE]
Shh...

test_account

XP-39C²
dirkdiggy said:
No one knows how deep/sofisticated the hack actually was (besides the hackers, and possibly Sony too). You can say that Sony fucked up with not encrpyting the personal information on the PSN servers, i agree to that, but the rest we dont really know that much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom