• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: Best of E3 (USA)

Ralemont

not me
Alien: Isolation is the only thing I'm interested in, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pick up a physical copy for less than $24 down the road.

Hey guys, I have Tomb Raider for PS3 but haven't played it yet. Are the upgrades worth it to get it on PS4 for $12?

I'd say yes.

Why would you buy a game the day before the store updates? That's PS Store 101 right there.

Lol, yea that's my bad. I've really just started preordering games to get the tiny discount and early access (The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, etc.) and haven't picked up anything older. I always buy huge PSN Store cards from gamestop because I haven't been able to update my credit card in 10 years, which apparently is an issue they don't care to fix. So, it's a lot easier to buy them when I see them.

I do like having games digitally, I just wish they'd bring over some of the perks of the retail customer service, or deeper, steam-like discounts.

Wait for the updates... got it. :)

DOWN

Banned
It's been $20 at GameStop for two months.

Digital or bust. Lame as hell to have to change discs for a game invite. And frankly, when you are perusing your library, it sucks to want to dabble in a game you have, but need to get up and switch out the discs first.

FFX/X-2 Vita is finally on sale for the same price as the retail edition. Great news for anyone else committed to the digital-only future.

ohlawd

no Nier. wanted to try that since that Nier 2 announcement with PG is consuming me.

prices are crazy here. It's like $40 for a new copy

Digital or bust. Lame as hell to have to change discs for a game invite. And frankly, when you are perusing your library, it sucks to want to dabble in a game you have, but need to get up and switch out the discs first.

It does rock, you just have to be prepared for the financial penalties, which can be steep.

Lol, yea that's my bad. I've really just started preordering games to get the tiny discount and early access (The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, etc.) and haven't picked up anything older. I always buy huge PSN Store cards from gamestop because I haven't been able to update my credit card in 10 years, which apparently is an issue they don't care to fix. So, it's a lot easier to buy them when I see them.

I do like having games digitally, I just wish they'd bring over some of the perks of the retail customer service, or deeper, steam-like discounts.

Wait for the updates... got it. :)

Yeah, I'd definitely like a better solution as well, especially in cases like yours where you literally bought it the day before it went on sale.

I've made that mistake before too (as I'm sure many others have).

DOWN

Banned
iF POSsible can someone make a thread about that? It's possible for people to miss it in this thread :/

It's in the OP so its their own fault if they miss it. Not sure if I'd get away with extra threads during E3 when the promo is only for the week of discounts this thread covers.

Is DC worth buying? I'm ready to end my boycott at that price. PEACE.

YES. Season pass too, if you're willing to move in on that $15 credit back promo in the OP

Pryce

It kills me that they refuse to give a discount to those that purchased one of these games yesterday (Just bought BF4 for 34.99, which is great now, btw). I've been getting more and more excited about going all digital, but things like that bum me out.

I would go digital tomorrow if they made it worth while.

hard discs shouldn't be cheaper than their digital counterparts, something which they nearly always are. In 2015.

Tizoc

It's in the OP so its their own fault if they miss it. Not sure if I'd get away with extra threads during E3 when the promo is only for the week of discounts this thread covers.

Make the thread next week on Monday when the E3 hype cools down :p

It's times like these I miss making threads @_@

Fisty

$100 worth of PSN credit for $85 from Best Buy last week

+

Spend $100, get $15 back

=

Arkham Knight with season pass and Tomb Raider DE for $70

JaseMath

iF POSsible can someone make a thread about that? It's possible for people to miss it in this thread :/

BRANDISH IS ON SALE?!!?!?!?

LET ME MAKE GIVE AWAYS SONTY!

I don't think so, but it seems like $20 well spent. Ys is though and I've been wanting that for awhile.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hey guys, I have Tomb Raider for PS3 but haven't played it yet. Are the upgrades worth it to get it on PS4 for $12?

Assuming the PS3 version was near identical to it on 360, the PS4 upgrade is still worthwhile. They did a decent amount of work adding layers of visual effects(more dynamic foliage/weather physics, reworking Lara's model and hair, shadows/lighting upgrades, some adjustments to certain mission scripting animations, etc...) Some gimmicky but cute PS4 controller functionality as well.

Not much you would notice without directly comparing, but I would argue PS4 is the definitive edition for sure.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Driveclub has a fuckton of DLC.

All of it is included with the Season Pass right? No lagging exclusions?

Leynos

I don't know why, but I just picked up Oddworld New 'n Tasty for free. Anyone else? I never bought it, and I don't recall it bring free with Playstation Plus.

I don't know why, but I just picked up Oddworld 'n Tasty for free. Anyone else? I never bought it, and I don't recall it bring free with Playstation Plus.

Yeah, it was at the beginning of the year I think then it became cross-buy when it was released for the PS3.

I'm a graphics whore and I say absolutely if you've never played the game before.
I'd say yes.
Assuming the PS3 version was near identical to it on 360, the PS4 upgrade is still worthwhile. They did a decent amount of work adding layers of visual effects(more dynamic foliage/weather physics, reworking Lara's model and hair, shadows/lighting upgrades, some adjustments to certain mission scripting animations, etc...) Some gimmicky but cute PS4 controller functionality as well.

Not much you would notice without directly comparing, but I would argue PS4 is the definitive edition for sure.

Thank you guys. I'm definitely buying it now. :-D

a916

Does this not count pre-orders?

EDIT: It just says spend $100 using your SEN Wallet... so I should be good to go if I use my credit card, yes?

theWB27

Picked up battlefield since I've never played it before...well mp that is. It's about time I really join the online crowd.

Tizoc

Current planned purchases
1 Year of Plus @ $49.99
Skullgirls 2nd Encore @ $19.99

Let's see if we get a Flash sale this coming weekend >=3

Can I spend 100$ on pre orders?

Yes.
The promo involves buying $100 worth of content on the PS Store before the 23rd. Should you do that, you'll get $15 voucher/code a few weeks later.

lcap

Current planned purchases
1 Year of Plus @ $49.99
Skullgirls 2nd Encore @ $19.99

Let's see if we get a Flash sale this coming weekend >=3

Yes.
The promo involves buying $100 worth of content on the PS Store before the 23rd. Should you do that, you'll get $15 voucher/code a few weeks later.

Hmm, thanks! Now it's worth buying Batman!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is there enough single-player content to make Driveclub worth it?

jred2k

I might jump on South Park:SoT for that Plus price.

It's too bad the DLC for these games isn't also on sale. I wouldn't mind checking out that Harley's Revenge pack for Arkham City, but I'm not going to spend $10 on it at this point.

Geneijin

Does this not count pre-orders?

EDIT: It just says spend $100 using your SEN Wallet... so I should be good to go if I use my credit card, yes?
As long as you charge your credit card to add funds to your SEN Wallet, and then, you spend those funds from your wallet, yes.

Destiny may look good at about half price until your remember all the various twenty+ dollar dlc that goes along with it.
Nah, not even that. If you're remotely interested in buying Destiny, you're wasting money buying the Digital Guardian edition as it only contains The Dark Below and House of Wolves DLC for $45 when you can spend $60 preordering the physical GOTY version equivalent which contains all old DLC and the new upcoming one, The Taken King; yet, they're charging $80 for the digital equivalent.

Top Bottom