• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale: Get $10 for Every $50 Spent, New Day 1 Digital Pre-orders

Tizoc

I think people should wait until monday before buying anything, mainly to avoid getting a game that may be an October freebie for Plus.

Also I worry they may make an offer by the last week of October where you can get 3 extra months of Plus if you buy a 1 year sub. on 22 Oct or afterwards.

THIS is the kind of promotion that will push people to go all digital next gen. Give us a discount and a free pre-order bonus type thing and then make it the norm for the PS4.

HORRORSHØW

These deals are essentially Plus sales for me. I'm a member till 2015 or so, but it looks like I'm going to tack on another year.

Eusis

Just curious if PSN allows you to cancel and get a refund or not. I have had it off and on (never really use it for my PS3, but I bought Little King's Story on mega sale due to the sub) but haven't kept it active since my Vita doesn't have room for many more games and I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices to get a 16 or 32 GB card.
Well, I imagine if you get a refund you'll need to go through CS, I don't think you can just get it back the way you hope you can.
I think people should wait until monday before buying anything, mainly to avoid getting a game that may be an October freebie for Plus.

Also I worry they may make an offer by the last week of October where you can get 3 extra months of Plus if you buy a 1 year sub. on 22 Oct or afterwards.
Well, pre-ordering games is probably safe, but then you're in no real rush for any of those anyway.

Does anyone remember what happened with people who bought something significant in the days before the promo was announced? I'll probably try calling in or something but I would like to know if I'm just screwed for my purchase or not.

Eusis

have they ever said if you buy the gold edition for PS3 that the season pass will carry over for the PS4 version? I know that Xbox One is doing something like that
Googling on BF4 rather than ACIV that DOES carry over at least on both PSN and XB1. Ubisoft may do things differently but it would be dumb to not do the same there. Still, better safe than sorry unless you don't mind playing it on PS3 instead.

FeiRR

Banned
I preordered BF4 digital version yesterday. The price in my local PSN store is the equivalent of $90. No bonus either for EU. My buttocks hurt for some reason. Sony (and EA), do you happen to know why?

If they want me to go digital with my games (which I would also like to do due to remote play), this has to stop :/

BadHand

Did you read OP?

With these savings, there’s no better time to become a PlayStation Plus member. Pick up a 1-year membership for $49.99, get $10 back and take advantage of all the great features you get with PS Plus, including Instant Game Collection access and exclusive discounts.

The blog post (which is in the OP) specifically mentions $49.99 PS+ counts for this promo.

I did read the OP, but I'm not sure that either of you read my post.

My gripe was with the fact that in the last promotion CAD was converted to USD. So when I purchased $49.99 PS+ membership, I didn't get $10 back at first... because it was converted to $48 & change in USD. This took weeks and several phone calls to correct.

It just so happened that for Canadian residents who spent $49.99 exactly DID NOT get $10 back. This was a mistake on Sony's part and I'm curious to see if it has actually been fixed.

Last promo they had like this you actually had to SPEND $49.99 USD or over.

I bought PS+ for $49.99 CAD (something like $48.xx USD) last promo and ended up with nothing. This eventually got adjusted a few weeks after it ended but I'm not sure if this glitch has been fixed this time around. Maybe Morgan can verify.

Takuan

"Day 1" meaning 12:00AM EST/CST/PST of the release date, or sometime in the late afternoon-early evening? This is something they need to address with the PS4 if they haven't already.

anddo0

I still don't understand why there are no PS4 games on this list.

Getting the PS3 version of Watch Dogs makes zero sense. If you're getting the PS4 at launch.. The PS3 version is 11/19 and the PS4 version is 11/12.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If Sony fixed up this programs isolated issues, and kept this program going into the PS4 as a continuous thing ( Maybe raise the price gate if that happens ) this would be a mega boon. This is going to be the month I buy Ni No Kuni , Puppeteer , and Beyond. Maybe I'll go digital.

Would be nice if they extended this to the EU/UK. We always seem to be forgotten when these kinds of promotions come along...

Not that we don't get great promotions, but still...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I did read the OP, but I'm not sure that either of you read my post.

My gripe was with the fact that in the last promotion CAD was converted to USD. So when I purchased $49.99 PS+ membership, I didn't get $10 back at first... because it was converted to $48 & change in USD. This took weeks and several phone calls to correct.

It just so happened that for Canadian residents who spent $49.99 exactly DID NOT get $10 back. This was a mistake on Sony's part and I'm curious to see if it has actually been fixed.
I'm Canadian and only bought a PS+ sub last time and got the $10 without problem.

Anyone notice that the SEN web store isn't applying PS+ discount to purchases? Price shows $11.69 for Lone Survivor but when I add to cart or even go to checkout it still says $12.99.

Edit: fixed! Yay!

Eusis

I still don't understand why there are no PS4 games on this list.

Getting the PS3 version of Watch Dogs makes zero sense. If you're getting the PS4 at launch.. The PS3 version is 11/19 and the PS4 version is 11/12.
If you're one of those that wants to compare versions (and assuming you don't lose PS3 access to a title with upgrading since at $10 extra with no trading in that's kinda BS) then there's some value in it. But yeah, unless that angle really matters it's more practical just to wait on the PS4 release.

BadHand

I'm Canadian and only bought a PS+ sub last time and got the $10 without problem.

That's really awesome news for you, man. As the exchange rate fluctuated throughout the month it affected people differently.

Many people in Canada however was affected by this known issue: http://community.us.playstation.com...-50-Promotion-Problems/m-p/40131947#U40131947

Morgan Haro:
We're also aware that there may be issues with Canadian customers on receiving the correct reward. We're reviewing this issue now and should you believe you were affected by this, please stay tuned, we will have more to communicate with you in the coming week.

Hi all,

We've generated a new list of vouchers that we are preparing to send out on 5/1. This is a new list that is specifically accounting for some of our Canadian customers in which the exchange rate was not properly accounted for.

Thanks for your patience, and I'll update again once these vouchers have been sent out.

A new wave of reward vouchers for Canadian customers that were not properly accounted for have now been sent out via XMB message. Please check your PS3 inbox if you were awaiting resolution on this.

GameE

Hmm sorry, thought you could when you can in EU where they only charge the day before release. That's a bit shady that they take the money right away.

You are better off getting a PSN card and then use it to buy PS+. This way you are sure that it will count.

Yea I was asking because I can get 1 year at BB for $40 :p
Another question, what if I added $50 to my wallet but didnt buy anything? Would that count?

Yea I was asking because I can get 1 year at BB for $40 :p
Another question, what if I added $50 to my wallet but didnt buy anything? Would that count?

Nope, you need to actually spend the money on something.

EDIT: Just as an FYI for anyone else in the same boat as me: I just finished a live chat with PSN support, and they told me that any purchases made before today cannot be included in the promo. They did, however, put in a refund request for my Atelier Meruru order, and they said it'll either be approved or denied within the next 5-7 days. Which means either I get my money back and can re-buy for the promo, or I don't get a refund but I guess get to keep the two dumb costumes that disappear from PSN after September 30.

It's not ideal (and it might not work anyways), but it's worth a shot if you've bought a ton of stuff in the last day or two.

Eusis

I swear they included the prior week or so last time. If they did then but not now that's really disappointing, it sucks to have made a big purchase (especially one like pre-ordering a title) only to get blindsided by this.

USC-fan

Banned
Does the digital version of GTA5 have any problems similar to playing the 360 version fully installed?

I had no problems with my PSN version. Run 100x better than saint row. Im using stock hdd drive too.

"Day 1" meaning 12:00AM EST/CST/PST of the release date, or sometime in the late afternoon-early evening? This is something they need to address with the PS4 if they haven't already.

GTAV was late by 20 min after 12pm est. I que it up by the webstore that night and it was downloaded the next afternoon when i got room.

Dukey

Banned
The ad says "Buy a year of PSN, get 10 dollars back", but it's 49.99. Do I risk it since the ad also clearly says "Spend 50 to get 10"?

Eusis

The ad says "Buy a year of PSN, get 10 dollars back", but it's 49.99. Do I risk it since the ad also clearly says "Spend 50 to get 10"?
In prior deals they counted PS+ for a year as a $50 item, but if you want to be safe find some PS1 game or whatever you've wanted to play and grab that, or grab it with a $60 pre-order.

Dukey

Banned
In prior deals they counted PS+ for a year as a $50 item, but if you want to be safe find some PS1 game or whatever you've wanted to play and grab that, or grab it with a $60 pre-order.

I grabbed a 49 cent GTA5 avatar to be safe.

Refund officially rejected. Pretty lame. I guess I'll have to hope that Sony extends the offer to purchases made in the last few days.

Tizoc

I've compiled a list of Vita, PSP and PSX games that would be worth purchasing during this sale, mainly to help (new) Vita owners as well as EU or AUS GAF who have suffered with 50 Hz PSX games.
Gonna start making my purchases tomorrow though just to be on the safe side though.

I've compiled a list of Vita, PSP and PSX games that would be worth purchasing during this sale, mainly to help (new) Vita owners as well as EU or AUS GAF who have suffered with 50 Hz PSX games.
Gonna start making my purchases tomorrow though just to be on the safe side though.

Where's the list?

Nice! I'll add $100 to my vita. Buy Killzone mercenaries and some other things that ends up being more than $50 and I Get $10 back? I'm down. I'll use the money for DLC or something.

Lionheart

SCEE has never done this. Not to mention they have completely abandoned bringing PS2 classics over. Goddamn I hate SCEE.
Actually, SCEE in Holland at least is doing something similar. Use PayPal or iDeal to to add € 50 euros to your SEN account and get a € 10 voucher for PSN (about two weeks later). Counts for every € 50 that you add to your account, you can even do € 20 now and € 30 later.

Dutch link: http://nl.playstation.com/home/news...en-in-de-PlayStation-Store/?site_locale=nl_NL

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So do you have to spend 50 bucks straight in one transaction for this to be eligible, or you can also get this bonus for accumulated purchase that adds up to 50 bucks?

Tizoc

Currently working on a PS2 and PSX games list, afterwards it'll be for Digital PSN games available on US PSN.

So do you have to spend 50 bucks straight in one transaction for this to be eligible, or you can also get this bonus for accumulated purchase that adds up to 50 bucks?

Nope you can buy for $30 this week, then $20 or $30 next week and it'd still count, really they'll give you back based on how much you've totaled by the end of the offer.

Where's the list?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83502173&postcount=5318

Top Bottom