• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN: Sale of the Dead: Daylight, Outlast, and More on Sale

Nintenyearold

Neo Member
Dracula X Chronicles has Symphony of the Night as an unlock, right? Is there any reason to get the the PS classic version to play on my vita instead of Dracula X and unlocking SotN (besides the $2 price difference)? I've never played either game

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
In for Castlevania LoI. Also it's probably the first time ever The Dracula X Chronicles is on sale. Every Vita owner should have that in their library.

Dracula X Chronicles has Symphony of the Night as an unlock, right? Is there any reason to get the the PS classic version to play on my vita instead of Dracula X and unlocking SotN (besides the $2 price difference)? I've never played either game

It does. The version of SotN included in DxC features a redone dub that lacks the legendary cheesiness of the original SotN. I you haven't played either I recommend DxC solely because it also includes Rondo of Blood, one of the best sidescrolling Castlevanias.

I was excited for Dracula X Chronicles until I realized it was 2.5 D remake. I looked at a gameplay video and my heart sank.

Why. why why why. Why did they get rid of the beautiful 2D sprite art and replace it with low-poly, low resolution, awkwardly animated "3D" on a PSP.

Yeah I went to go look at a video of it to. Shit looked fucking terrible.

Like someone said earlier, it comes with the remake for DX, the original DX, and a newly translated version of SOTN, which includes Maria as a playable character.

It's fucking good, guys.

salromano

15582959331_46816e1476_z.jpg

And yes, that is Sunset Overdrive's font.

So is it a free font or something?

Edit: So it's a free font called "Overdrive Sunset" - http://www.dafont.com/overdrive-sunset.font

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Going to get Dead Nation (PS Vita) this week and that's it since I don't do digital on consoles.

Tizoc

In for Castlevania LoI. Also it's probably the first time ever The Dracula X Chronicles is on sale. Every Vita owner should have that in their library.

I got it for $15 some weeks ago. Glad to see it finally paying off for my fellow GAFfers. I DID IT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

phen0m24

Pick up PvZ:GW, guys - it's a great game. That seems like a Black Friday price if you have Plus. (more than 50% off)

You'll likely get the marine biologist and dolphin blaster before you get Raid boots... Just saying! ;)

Any games bought on the 28 should count for that spend $100 get $15 offer right?

As for games getting Dantes Inferno Ultimate Edition (another in a line of buy digital editions of games I already have but with all the DLC when they go one sale).

Week 2 I'm getting the PS2 and PSP Castlevanias as SotN is in the PSP one. Also getting both Corpse Parties.

Surprised by the lack of Dead Rising and more Resident Evil.

Welp, just beat Project Zero 2 for the second time.

Perfect timing with FF3 on sale.

Hilariously Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are usually $4 on Amazon for codes. Time to get Fatal Frame 3 though. Bought the originals for PS2 last year and a month ago got FF2 for PAL Wii. Still hoping for the Wii U one to be localized.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I got it for $15 some weeks ago. Glad to see it finally paying off for my fellow GAFfers. I DID IT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So did I, it was the first PSP game I got when my Vita arrived. 0 regrets.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Garden Warfare is one of my favorite games of the year. No problems finding full matches at any time of the day on PS4.

Is Sunset Overdrive on sale?

PvZ is a must buy. Surprised on how good the game is.
I think it is the outlier in EA's release schedule this year being an actual fun game with no huge flaws.
Garden Warfare is easily my favorite multiplayer game this year.

rezn0r

pretty good, I have most of it in one form or another, but all 3 Fatal Frames, Castlevania: LoI & Dracula X, and Manhunt will be mine. maybe a few others.

to those asking, Garden Warfare is pretty damn fun, I was surprised. I grabbed it using XBL credits on XB1.

dralla

Nice, Outlast for $5, I was upset I missed that on PS Plus. And Garden Warfare for $20? This has local multi, right?

Save some money for buying Costume Quest 2!!

When is that coming out? I checked Sony's page for it and it says "out now" for the PS4, so I was hoping it'd be released today, but I can't find a lick of info on it anywhere.

hoped to see Outlast DLC discounted.

Me too. I didn't grab it when it first launched since I hadn't beat Outlast at the time, so I figured I'd wait for a price drop or sale. Now seems as good a time as any for that.

Time to finally get Catherine!!!

Guys, guys, buy both Drinkbox games if you haven't already. Guacamelee is amazing and I am tempted to get it again for PS4, and Tales from Space Mutant Blob Attacks is superb as well.

On a scale of yay or nay, is Silent Hill Book of Memories for the Vita worth it at the PS+ price? It looks like Diablo and I like Diablo...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm shocked Dante's Inferno took so long to go on sale. I finished it back when it launched before the DLC came out. It sucks the PSP version did the way it did. I wouldn't mind having it on the Vita.

Catherine was a great game too. I wanted more of that game once I finished it. The rest I either own already or I'll pass on.

ohlawd

Hilariously Fatal Frame 1 and 2 are usually $4 on Amazon for codes. Time to get Fatal Frame 3 though. Bought the originals for PS2 last year and a month ago got FF2 for PAL Wii. Still hoping for the Wii U one to be localized.

yeah, I want V too. Only own 1 and Zero 2

To go from 1, Zero 2 then 3 is kinda wack gameplay perspective-wise. I greatly prefer Zero 2's camera angles compared to 1. And 3, judging from the gameplay videos, plays like 1.

ahh well 5 bucks only is nice

Looks like I'm picking up PvZ. Is the online community still going strong?

I think this was thrown in to combat it entering EA Access

Cudder

Outlast shall be mine. Too Bad the DLC isn't part of the sale.

hoped to see Outlast DLC discounted.

Me too. I didn't grab it when it first launched since I hadn't beat Outlast at the time, so I figured I'd wait for a price drop or sale. Now seems as good a time as any for that.

Yeah, sucks Whistleblower isn't on sale, but it's worth it at full price if you like the main game. Some of the most disturbing shit I've ever seen in video games in that little piece of content. Highly recommended.

Hmm, it's kinda weak that this sale is not as good as the Halloween sale last year. I remember picking up Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for $2 each (PS+) last time, now they're more than twice that price...

Of course, I haven't even played them yet. <_<

Top Bottom