• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN: Sale of the Dead: Daylight, Outlast, and More on Sale

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
How is Outlast performance on the PS4 ?
1080p/60 ?

cakely

Half off PS4 PvZ? That's a great deal.

I'll probably grab Guacamelee as well, even though I already own the Steam edition.

All those games I would like to buy...

Man, I miss my OG PS3 (gave out on me earlier this year). I would like to pick up another one due to so many games I have yet to play, and all those games given to me because of PS+ and overall great multimedia device but damn, system is still over $200 after 8 years?!

Is this the first time Siren has *ever* been on sale? Been waiting forever.

No but it's the first I've seen it on sale in a least 2 years...I wonder if I should pick it up.

Also, I didn't know the Fatal Frame games were even on PSN. Or maybe I forgot. I guess I'm buying those.

kogasu

Dracula X Chronicles is fucking awesome! Get it now!

Hmm, Fatal Frames 1 and 3... I may want to buy them. Also, holy shit Siren is on sale! I haven't heard a lot about the latest one. Is it any good? How is it compared to the others?

RK128

Cool, great to see lots of great games on sale :D.

Funny that a lot of these were lifted from the last Halloween sale but either way it is nice that is the case (maybe I can get the Siren PS3 game and PvZ Vita now....).

Does anyone know if Dantes Inferno PSP is good? If it is like the PS3 game, it might be a fun GoW-esc game :).

tav7623

Definitely going to be picking up Fatal Frame 3, but other than that I'm pretty much on the fence about what else I want to pick up......I'm currently leaning towards either Abyss Odyssey or Darkstalkers: Resurrection.

How'd rain turn out?

Will probably pick up rain and siren. How are they?

I enjoyed Rain, though I think it doesn't really live up to its full potential. It's a bit of a common problem for Sony's artsy indie-style games (or maybe artsy games in general?) that they introduce interesting mechanics, but never really push them to fully realize the game's promise (The Unfinished Swan also comes to mind in that regard). The result is that Rain is a very short game, about 3 hours or so - though there's a second playthrough that adds, uh, collectibles to find, if you care about that. It still has a nice art style and great atmosphere, and a kinda cool creepy-cute story. I still think it's worth playing but it's up to you if you want to pay $7 for that.

PvZ: GW for $20 on PS4? Damn, I must just bite. I JUST bought The Legend of Korra game!
And I'm really thinking of picking up Catherine and rain for next week. My wallet! D:

How'd rain turn out?

The game was good looking but boy was it boring. The "puzzles" aren't much of a puzzle if it is obvious. It introduces concepts that I thought would get harder but they just disappear. Lots of just walking around in the rain. Hardest part was sometimes you couldn't figure out where you were because you are invisible and only have footprints to locate. Story was arty nonsense.

I bought SOTN as part of that Konami sale for it to hit a new low for all of you guys, don't worry about it. Might be enough here to nudge me over the $100 for the refund.

SerTapTap

Not the cheapest Fatal Frame 1&2 have been, but they're crazy worth that price. I think I'll pick up numba 3 since I never got around to getting a physical copy for PS2 (and uh I also currently lack a PS2).

Dead Space 2 is great. A bit "too" much action for a horror game, but combat is quite enjoyable.

Rain's a fun artsy puzzle/story game with "stealth puzzles". Not very hard or very long, but an interesting experience

zebaz08

I was expecting the first Dead Space to go on sale, I already have the other two. Last year's Halloween sale was better imo.

Blu(e)

What's the Mutant Blobs upgrade on Vita??
If you own a copy of Mutant Blobs on Vita, they give you an extra discount for purchasing the PS3 version. I own a copy on Vita so it appears for me but I don't know if they're going to make it available to people who didn't buy the Vita version.

spookyfish

I was excited for Dracula X Chronicles until I realized it was 2.5 D remake. I looked at a gameplay video and my heart sank.

Why. why why why. Why did they get rid of the beautiful 2D sprite art and replace it with low-poly, low resolution, awkwardly animated "3D" on a PSP.

I think the original sprite version is available, as well ... you can choose which one to play.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll be playing Dante's Inferno on PS3 for the first time. Oh, and time to rebuy Symphony of The Night. But damn it, I was expecting RE2 and RE1 to go on sale because of RE3 being on sale last week. I'm fucking bummed. :/

SerTapTap

If I like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, despise Amnesia and am fairly apathetic to RE1 would I enjoy Siren? It's closer to SH/FF style horror than "action horror" or "hide and seek" horror, right?

edit: oh hey, SoTN is on sale too, get that

Matriox

I already have PvZ on XB1 but I'll be picking it up again, fun game well worth $20.

@SunsetOverdrive @AaronMcquay1 @PlayStation This just made me actually lol at work. now everyone wants in on the joke.

This made me cringe from those twitter comments...

Top Bottom