• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN: Sale of the Dead: Daylight, Outlast, and More on Sale

Coiote

It's in no way the norm. I've purchased plenty. First time this has happened. I wouldn't worry about future purchases.

Yeah, it's in no way the norm, it's just frustrating and unfortunate. Nevertheless, I am full digital this generation so far and I intend to continue so.

Hope I don't lose the sale because of this problem.

cackhyena

Did you buy it already and have the same problem? I'd say just do the call and get it over with. It honestly didn't take that long...except the wait for the dl.

Coiote

Did you buy it already and have the same problem? I'd say just do the call and get it over with. It honestly didn't take that long...except the wait for the dl.

Yes, I bought the game already and have the same problem. Calling the custormer service isn't a practical solution for me though, because even though I use an american account, I don't actually live in the USA. I tried using the live chat posted in this thread, but it wasn't really helpful. The person who talked to me wasn't even aware of the problem and said I would have to wait 5 business days for a response from someone higher in the hierarchy.

I just hope Sony fix this, because I want the game.

dralla

I just got a refund. It takes 3-5 business days though, which means there's a chance the game won't be on sale anymore by the time I see it, so I'm buying this on faith here. If I don't see that refund next week after I buy it a second time, heads will roll

netguy503

I just got a refund. It takes 3-5 business days though, which means there's a chance the game won't be on sale anymore by the time I see it, so I'm buying this on faith here. If I don't see that refund next week after I buy it a second time, heads will roll

If you buy it a second time is it confirmed to actually work? So if I had just waited a day to buy it this wouldn't even be a problem? And if Sony is refunding money and not just fixing the problem does that mean the game in my gaming library on my ps4 right now not even a game but some nice cover art?

dralla

Buying it again seems to be working for everyone. And yes, I think if people waited a day or so, this wouldn't have happened. I don't trust Sony when it comes to fixing things, and I figured the game is only going to be on sale this week, if I'd kept waiting and they didn't fix it, I would've missed out on the sale.

I asked for the refund for Garden Warfare and he told me all sales are final...but that he'd try and submit it but it would take 3-5 days. I told them I'd be dumb enough and try to rebuy it. Should I rebuy it now? Will this mess me up and get my account banned..? fix your shit Sony

dralla

I got my refund on Garden Warfare and now my game won't start up anymore, it has the lock icon and says it has expired. It doesn't appear in my Library anywhere to re-download it. So it looks like when they ordered the refund, it removed the license. Awesome.

vypek

I got my refund on Garden Warfare and now my game won't start up anymore, it has the lock icon and says it has expired. It doesn't appear in my Library anywhere to re-download it. So it looks like when they ordered the refund, it removed the license. Awesome.

I thought that was meant to happen. I thought the idea was to re-purchase with your refund and get a new license as you download the game again.

dralla

I thought that was meant to happen. I thought the idea was to re-purchase with your refund and get a new license as you download the game again.

I wanted the sale price, and I wasn't sure if I'd get the refund in time, so I re-bought it again. Oh well. I'm calling them now *sigh*

dralla

Well they're giving me a second refund, 3-5 business days. I hope I get it before it goes back up on price on Tuesday :(

Any working fix for PvZ? I've heard of people asking for refunds but I just want to play the damn game. Ridiculous that this is happening.

netguy503

Any working fix for PvZ? I've heard of people asking for refunds but I just want to play the damn game. Ridiculous that this is happening.

I just called Sony and got a refund. Though they will tell you to buy another PSN card and rebuy the game again and "hope" you get a refund. The guy wasnt even aware of the problem or error code (even when I've seen it on the three major gaming forums I go to) and even tried to sale me on a protection plan (which I have) when the reason I'm calling is my games not working. LOL sales people. Anyway, I re bought and downloading it now. I'll update you guys when this finishes.

I was thinking about participating in the sales that hit tomorrow. But this has left a really, REALLY bad taste in my mouth so I don't think so.

dralla

I just called Sony and got a refund. Though they will tell you to buy another PSN card and rebuy the game again and "hope" you get a refund. The guy wasnt even aware of the problem or error code (even when I've seen it on the three major gaming forums I go to) and even tried to sale me on a protection plan (which I have) when the reason I'm calling is my games not working. LOL sales people. Anyway, I re bought and downloading it now. I'll update you guys when this finishes.

I was thinking about participating in the sales that hit tomorrow. But this has left a really, REALLY bad taste in my mouth so I don't think so.

Don't buy it until you get the refund! I made the same mistake. Once you get the refund it's going to remove your license, even on the new copy you bought. I had to get second refund, which still hasn't come through yet, and the game goes back up in price tomorrow so it looks like I'm not gonna get this game, so yea, great job Sony

netguy503

Don't buy it until you get the refund! I made the same mistake. Once you get the refund it's going to remove your license, even on the new copy you bought. I had to get second refund, which still hasn't come through yet, and the game goes back up in price tomorrow so it looks like I'm not gonna get this game, so yea, great job Sony

But if I don't rebuy it I lose out on the sales price. I was even asking the guy " but since you can see in my account that I bought the game can you hold the sales price for me for when my refund comes" (I wanted to add "because this is essentially your guys mistake in the first place" but didnt want to be rude) but he said no. If the refund comes, I'm only out nothing. If it doesn't, I'm out $40. :( And I have BBY GCU so I could of got this $52 new (don't know what it is now) so that sucks.

Yea, I've decided I'm not doing the sales this week. This is really, really bad service on there end.

Fake edit: Wow....my repurchased/redownloaded game just finished and it doesn't work. FUCK THIS!!!!

jjasper

I tried contacting them today about it since it has been a week. The guy I talked to had no idea about any issues, proceeded to blame my service provider, and wanted me to initialize my PS4 which would have restored my PS4 back to factory settings. This is the first time I have ever dealt with Sony support and it was awful.

netguy503

I tried contacting them today about it since it has been a week. The guy I talked to had no idea about any issues, proceeded to blame my service provider, and wanted me to initialize my PS4 which would have restored my PS4 back to factory settings. This is the first time I have ever dealt with Sony support and it was awful.

My guy told me to always download with a wired and not wireless connection as that may get some files corrupted and shame on me for not downloading on wired. Now I'm out $40 (if my refund doesn't come) and no game to show for it. I'm not doing this again, game or no game. This is a money trap if I've ever seen one.

I bet I could spend $100 in that "spend $100 get $15 back" promotion they have going just trying to get this game to work and still not get this game to work. LOL (laugh until you cry)

netguy503

Almost a week later and they don't even have a clue when this problem will be fixed. Great.

I told the guy "you know you have a firmware update coming out tomorrow. It would be nice if that update could fix this problem for all effected". No response. No surprise.

dralla

But if I don't rebuy it I lose out on the sales price. I was even asking the guy " but since you can see in my account that I bought the game can you hold the sales price for me for when my refund comes" (I wanted to add "because this is essentially your guys mistake in the first place" but didnt want to be rude) but he said no. If the refund comes, I'm only out nothing. If it doesn't, I'm out $40. :( And I have BBY GCU so I could of got this $52 new (don't know what it is now) so that sucks.

Yea, I've decided I'm not doing the sales this week. This is really, really bad service on there end.

Fake edit: Wow....my repurchased/redownloaded game just finished and it doesn't work. FUCK THIS!!!!

Restore your licenses under the PSN settings, it will work, that's what I had to do. But once you get the refund you might run into the same problem..

Xeno_V

I saw the sale while at work so I instantly bought Castlevania Dracula X and then I came home to see that I can't play it on my Vita.
Lol, wtf Sony... and I don't even think that I stand a chance for a refund, right?

Well guess I screwed up. I re-bought the game (to not miss the sale price) and thought I could get a refund on the first purchase. This whole situation is fucked.

Coppanuva

I saw the sale while at work so I instantly bought Castlevania Dracula X and then I came home to see that I can't play it on my Vita.
Lol, wtf Sony... and I don't even think that I stand a chance for a refund, right?

Wait what? You can't play Dracula X Chronicles on vita? WTF...

Edit: Oh EU only. Whew.

*Sigh* Sony support is worthless. I've been in contact with three different people about PvZ and none of them are aware of the issue and aren't willing to give me a refund. I'm literally having to give them a timeline on how I purchased the two copies of the game and getting a canned "no refunds" response. At this point I just want my money back for both copies. I hope the refund (if I get one...) goes to my card and not my PSN wallet.

apotema

Am I the only one having trouble downloading Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare for PS4?

I downloaded it, and it says I have to update the game, then when I try to update it says that I already have the most recent version and if I go back to PSN it says that I have it in Purchase History but it appears with the price as if I have never bought it instead of the download button

Please if anyone knows something about this I will be very glad

Edit: Oh I see some of you have the same problem

jjasper

With 2.0 I get a new error telling me I have to update the application to use it. Trying to redownload again fully expecting it not to work and Sony to continue to do nothing about this.

Is there anyone who bought the game during the sale that actually got the game?

Edit: yup redownloaded loaded and nothing.

dralla

*Sigh* Sony support is worthless. I've been in contact with three different people about PvZ and none of them are aware of the issue and aren't willing to give me a refund. I'm literally having to give them a timeline on how I purchased the two copies of the game and getting a canned "no refunds" response. At this point I just want my money back for both copies. I hope the refund (if I get one...) goes to my card and not my PSN wallet.

It goes to your PSN wallet, not your card. I didn't get my second refund back in time so no PvZ for me. Awesome customer service from Sony.

The lady I spoke to the second time barely spoke English so I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even going to get a refund. I gave these guys $40, I just want my game, man

It goes to your PSN wallet, not your card. I didn't get my second refund back in time so no PvZ for me. Awesome customer service from Sony.

The lady I spoke to the second time barely spoke English so I'm beginning to wonder if I'm even going to get a refund. I gave these guys $40, I just want my game, man

Finally got someone to give me a refund on my first purchase. The guy I talked to seemed to actually be aware of the problem and told me multiple times that I wouldn't lose the license for my working copy. He said he left a note along with my refund ticket to not revoke my license since I purchased another copy. We'll see what happens once my refund goes through.

Frustrating situation for sure, but once you get someone that is aware of the problem it was really easy. It's too bad the refund goes in the wallet, but I was eyeing Guacamelee...I never learn.

dralla

Sure enough I got my refund, only 1 day too late *sigh* :(

This sucks, at the very least they should put it on sale again this week.

Was considering picking a couple of games up but think I'll pass with all the issues people and PSN are having.

Don't. I haven't had any issue, I think that all the problems are specifically about Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. I've bought more than a few games this week and last, and had no issues.

Triple dipped on Guacamelee (already have it for PS3 and PC).

Championship edition is fun. INTENSO! Only thing that bugs me is the game doesn't have surround sound. I guess I never noticed it before.

Welp, the refund went through and what do you know, they revoked my working license. After talking to support for an hour the only solution they could come up with was giving a second refund for the other copy I purchased. So no Plants vs Zombies for me. The best part was I asked for the support guys name and told me it was "John Smith" (different than the name he gave me when he got on the line). When I pressed that it was amusing that he would give me a name commonly associated with anonymity, he said "It was the name my mother gave me, I don't know what to say." Don't know how common of a name John Smith is in India (assuming based on his accent), but you never know I guess.

Really wanted to play that game too, especially since there are hardly any splitscreen games on the PS4. Is there some sort of email address for complaints? I'm not usually one to throw hissy fits but this is beyond ridiculous.

dralla

Welp, the refund went through and what do you know, they revoked my working license. After talking to support for an hour the only solution they could come up with was giving a second refund for the other copy I purchased. So no Plants vs Zombies for me. The best part was I asked for the support guys name and told me it was "John Smith" (different than the name he gave me when he got on the line). When I pressed that it was amusing that he would give me a name commonly associated with anonymity, he said "It was the name my mother gave me, I don't know what to say." Don't know how common of a name John Smith is in India (assuming based on his accent), but you never know I guess.

Really wanted to play that game too, especially since there are hardly any splitscreen games on the PS4. Is there some sort of email address for complaints? I'm not usually one to throw hissy fits but this is beyond ridiculous.
Same thing happened to me. Got my second refund today, one day too late. Doesn't look like there's anything we can do. Sucks some serious ass. Put it back on sale for this week, damn.. you know there was a problem with it last week.. sigh

Really?

Will pick up Catherine and Siren then.

Glad to help. The only other issues I guess would be that Castlevania DxC still doesn't work on EU PSN, but does on US PSN. But that's just business as usual.

Also picked up Catherine during last sale, and Siren this time, though Episode 1 was laughably short, I expect it to pick up.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can I play DxC on my Vita TV (Asian system, US PSN)?

Top Bottom