• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale - Sonic and Friends Anniversary Sale

RK128

Hello everyone :D. Today is Sonic's 24th anniversary, so that means a big NA PSN Sale for Sonic and Sega tittles :).
Edit: These games only work on PS3 and Vita. The ones that work on Vita I point out (the PSP tittles for example). Hope this clarifies things for you all.
Edit 2: This sale is for NA PSN Only . I'm sorry for not including that in the thread tittle, but I hope this clears things up for everyone.
Edit 3: Just a heads up after looking through the comments, 'Sega Genesis Collection' is NOT compatible with PlayStation/Vita TV for NA accounts; even if you have it on your memory card and put that into the PS TV, it will refuse to open up. Wanted to share this with PSTV/Vita TV users who are interested in the collection; it does not work sadly :(.
The following games are on sale right now:

Sonic Series:
Sonic Racing Transformed PS3 - 17.99
Sonic Racing Transformed Vita - 17.99
Sonic Adventure 1 - 3.99
Sonic Adventure 2 - 3.99
Sonic CD HD (PS3) - 1.99
Sonic Generations PS3 - 11.99
Sonic Rivals (PSP/Vita) - 2.49
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP/Vita) - 2.49
Sonic the Fighters - 1.99
Sonic 1/Sonic 2 PSN - 1.99
Sonic 4 Ep. 1 - 3.99
Sonic 4 Ep. 2 - 5.99
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing DLC: Metal Sonic Pack (2.99), Ryo Forklift Cart (1.99)
Sonic Unleashed - 7.99 / DLC Adventure Packs - 0.99 per level pack

Sega Tittles:
Nights Into Dreams - 3.99
Jet Set Radio PS3 - 3.99 / Vita Version - 3.99
Castle of Illusion HD Remake - 3.99
Yakuza Dead Souls - 5.99
Yakuza 4 - 5.99
Crazy Taxi - 3.99
Sega Bass Fishing - 3.99
Toe Jam and Earl - 1.99
Toe Jam and Earl: Panic on Funkatron - 1.99
Daytona USA - 3.99
Sega Genesis Collection (PSP/Vita through PS3 Transfer) - 3.99

This is a great sale but the Sega Genesis Collection is the steal of this package. This collection has the following games:
-Alex Kid in the Enchanted Castle
-Altered Beast
-Bonanza Bros.
-Columns
-Comix Zone
-Decap Attack
-Echo the Dolphin
-Echo: The Tides of Time
-Echo Jr.
-Flicky
-Gain Ground
-Golden Axe I-III
-Kid Chameleon
-Phantasy Star II-IV
-Ristar
-Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
-Shinobi III
-Sonic 1
-Sonic 2
-Super Thunder Blade
-Sword of Vermilion
-Vectorman 1 and 2
-Virtua Fighter 2
*Astro Blaster
*Congo Bongo
*Eiminator
*Space Fury
*Super Zaxxion

*Arcade Unlockable tittles

This is a huge collection of games and for only four bucks? What a steal :D!

Hope you all get some games here :D.

TimmiT

Like others have mentioned: great price for Yakuza 4. The Castle of Illusion remake is also pretty good and underrated.

Buy Sonic the Fighters. It is the only Sonic game with more than three playable characters where they all play well and you don't want to die.

Also, Dr. Robotonic.

Can you explain the PS3 transfer for the Sega Collection? You can't just buy it through your Vita?

some games cannot be purchased through the Vita store BUT can be purchased, downloaded onto a PS3, and then transferred to the Vita and it'll work fine. We don't know if it's a licensing issue or a technical issue but there are some great games that can only be transferred this way.

RK128

Can you explain the PS3 transfer for the Sega Collection? You can't just buy it through your Vita?

Yes, you can't buy it off the PSN Vita Store; you have to first buy the game on the PSN Web store or on the PS3 PSN Store. Once you buy the tittle, let it download to your PS3.

After that, either connect your Vita through wired cable or through wireless connection. After that, go into the Vita's Content Manager App, and connect the Vita to your PS3.

Once that is done, go into Games -> Applications -> PSP. Once that is done you will see 'Sega Genesis Collection' pop up among other PSP games you have on PS3. You simply select the game then let it download/copy over to your Vita.

With the game transferred, you disconnect the PS3 from the Vita and then you can play your game on the Vita :D.

Tizoc

They should make it a rule on GAF to add the region in the title whenever there's a sale :V

Grab dat SEGA Classics Collection, it's transf. from PS3 to Vita. Lots of cool games on it and their emulation is OK.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Got Yakuza 4 for 5.99. So glad I didn't buy it last week for $19. The Shenmue 3 announcement had me craving Yakuza.

Surprised they didn't make Sonic Racing Transformed cheaper. I would have gone for it for around $10

RK128

They should make it a rule on GAF to add the region in the title whenever there's a sale :V

Grab dat SEGA Classics Collection, it's transf. from PS3 to Vita. Lots of cool games on it and their emulation is OK.

I don't know how to edit a thread name but I added the NA to the OP.

so sonic 3 and S&K never came to the PSP/Vita? I've played Sonic 2 to death but never finished the other mainline genesis games. I guess the collection is worth it just to have PSIV and Sonic 1 on my vita but there are some glaringly bad omissions in that collection, like the other Sonic games and Shining Force games.

Qwark

I thought Genesis Collection was only transferable in EU? I have it on my NA vita, but I thought I had done that when PSN whitelisted everything for a day. Could be remembering wrong though.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm seeing Bioshock Infinite at 7.99 and the others at similar prices. I guess they're in discount, but I'm not sure...

jimi_dini

How's Yakuza Dead Souls? Only one so far that i haven't played yet.

Let's say you really love Yakuza and also love Zombies.

Then still don't get it. It's a terrible game.

They used their brawler engine to make a shooter. What's really fascinating is that they released Dead Souls around 1 year after the superb Binary Domain.

How are the Phantasy Star games compared to the SNES Final Fantasies and the first couple of Breath of Fires? Similar?

Different. Sci-Fi/Fantasy as opposed to Medieval fantasy. PSI, II & III have aged pretty poorly, but Phantasy Star IV is still an amazing game to play. Better than any BoF game and just as good as FFVI imo. You'll get more out of PSIV if you've played the previous three.

That said, PSI may be almost 30 years old, but it's still rather entertaining and holds up very well for an 8-bit game. Head and shoulders better than any 8-bit FF game, again, imo.

Tizoc

I only have a PS4,
I am kinda confused by this list which ones work with PS4?

None of them. SEGA has yet to release anything on PS4 outside Japan far as I can recall.

They used their brawler engine to make a shooter. What's really fascinating is that they released Dead Souls around 1 year after the superb Binary Domain.

Are you sure BD wasn't released AFTER dEAD souls?

IMO Dead Souls is fine, it's a run n' gun game where you blow up zombies as Majima Goro.
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohkYgW3f3jI

Zach

But what if I really love Yakuza and don't really care about zombies -- then should I buy Yakuza: Dead Souls, jimi_dini?

jimi_dini

Are you sure BD wasn't released AFTER dEAD souls?

Oh you are right.
In the US they released Binary Domain in February 2012 and Dead Souls 1 month later. Original Japanese release was Dead Souls first and then half a year later Binary Domain.

Still weird that they ruined the shooter mechanics that badly in Dead Souls and nailed them in Binary Domain.

But what if I really love Yakuza and don't really care about zombies -- then should I buy Yakuza: Dead Souls, jimi_dini?

The controls are beyond fucked. So I can't recommend it to anyone. The QTEs are really badly done as well especially on the "highest difficulty". I had to press some random button and hope that it would be the right one, couldn't beat them any other way. The only thing that I liked was the ending credits song.

Jomjom

Banned
Darn it. Wish I could get PS1 on the Vita somehow so I could play all 4 of them on the same handheld. I have the PS3 Sonic's collection that has all 4 but I don't want to play that on a TV.

I guess I'll stick with the Complete Collection I got off the Japanese PSN.

Top Bottom