• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale - Sonic and Friends Anniversary Sale

Tizoc

But what if I really love Yakuza and don't really care about zombies -- then should I buy Yakuza: Dead Souls, jimi_dini?

I found the controls OK, the major issue is when there's a lot going on on-screen which causes major FPS drops.

It's otherwise a decent game, just the Yakuza formula mixed with zombies and run n' gunning.

SCReuter

Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio, Nights into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic CD, and Sonic the Fighters are all high quality ports/remasters. Check them out if you haven't already.

bender

What time is it?
Somehow I already own a digital copy of Yakuza 4. Plus maybe? Even though it is mechanically terrible, I'll probably grab Dead Souls.

Coxy

Yakuza 4 - 5.99

this should pretty much be in the topic title, if you have even a tiny intyerest in this franchise please try it out!

stuminus3

Buyer beware all the games in that Sonic Genesis collection have stupid ugly borders with no option to just have a nice clean 4:3 image with black borders instead. It's stupid and ugly and may put you off.

Zach

The controls are beyond fucked. So I can't recommend it to anyone. The QTEs are really badly done as well especially on the "highest difficulty". I had to press some random button and hope that it would be the right one, couldn't beat them any other way. The only thing that I liked was the ending credits song.

So, you're, like, saying to buy it, right?

I found the controls OK, the major issue is when there's a lot going on on-screen which causes major FPS drops.

It's otherwise a decent game, just the Yakuza formula mixed with zombies and run n' gunning.

I'll probably just buy it even if I don't play it. Love Yakuza. Want more in the US.

So yeah, guys, BUY YAKUZA 4.

SCReuter

Buyer beware all the games in that Sonic Genesis collection have stupid ugly borders with no option to just have a nice clean 4:3 image with black borders instead. It's stupid and ugly and may put you off.

I really dislike that stuff. Black borders should always be an option.

Chuy

Is the sale today only?

How is Nights into Dreams?

Is that gen collection on ps3? Does it have save states? Thanks!!
Sale last until the next store update which is next Tuesday
Can't answer your other questions off the to of my head though.

Salads

Neo Member
some games cannot be purchased through the Vita store BUT can be purchased, downloaded onto a PS3, and then transferred to the Vita and it'll work fine. We don't know if it's a licensing issue or a technical issue but there are some great games that can only be transferred this way.

Am I right in thinking that as a Vita non-owner, I won't be able to play this PSP game on my PSP?

Once again buying a $10 PSP game with the 10% off coupon earlier this year thinking it wouldn't go on sale costs me again.

First Mega Man X for $5 now Genesis Collection for $4. Oh well. I only lost $5. I also lost a two or three dollars on the Adventure games I purchased this year.

I should have just bought Xenogears. That'll never go on sale.

RK128

Is the sale today only?

How is Nights into Dreams?

Is that gen collection on ps3? Does it have save states? Thanks!!

The sale last all week long so you have a lot of time to get what games you want :D.

Nights into Dreams is a very solid port of the PS2 version of the tittle; great visuals, its iconic soundtrack is still present and the game now has much tighter controls compared to when it originally launched on PSN.

The Genesis Collection sadly is only on Vita. But, you have a ton of save states for all the games.

HUELEN10

12 USD for the complete Sonic 4 Saga on console(Sonic 4 Saga>Sonic 3 Saga, haters gonna hate) is a must have. If you are even remotely interested and have no PC, I'd say go for it.

Looking at Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2 - was that game complete or were there more planned? Seems like an odd idea to split a game into Episodes and then only make two of them.

khaaan

Sega Genesis Collection is an amazing value. Everyone get it.

I'm planning on getting that and being Lttp with Crazy Taxi and Yakuza.

Looking at Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2 - was that game complete or were there more planned? Seems like an odd idea to split a game into Episodes and then only make two of them.
My hunch is they probably wanted to make at least three. Sonic 4 episode I sold well enough but fan feedback was terrible. Episode II made some improvements but was overall more of the same and didn't do nearly as well. The games inexplicably use the Sonic Rush engine and implement the homing attack so the gameplay is not at all like the Genesis games, but more just like if you turned Sonic Adventure 2 into a 2D platformer.

Damn, I need that Sonic Genesis Collection for my PSP Go. $3.99! Just need to pick up some PSN credit from the BST thread because I'm based in the UK.

They pretty much confirmed at one point they wanted to make Episode 3 at least, but Episode 2 got practically no sales, so they decided against it.

MrBadger

Do I want Sonic Rivals 1 & 2?

I remember having fun with the first one, but all I remember about 2 is the boss fights are godawful.

My hunch is they probably wanted to make at least three. Sonic 4 episode I sold well enough but fan feedback was terrible. Episode II made some improvements but was overall more of the same and didn't do nearly as well. The games inexplicably use the Sonic Rush engine and implement the homing attack so the gameplay is not at all like the Genesis games, but more just like if you turned Sonic Adventure 2 into a 2D platformer.

Yeah, they planned more and there are assets in 2 that point to a teaser for a third. And there's this little exchange (don't tell anyone though it's a secret)

Io8ksun.png

paulogy

Hello everyone :D. Today is Sonic's 24th anniversary, so that means a big NA PSN Sale for Sonic and Sega tittles :).
Edit: These games only work on PS3 and Vita. The ones that work on Vita I point out (the PSP tittles for example). Hope this clarifies things for you all.
The following games are on sale right now:

Sega Genesis Collection (PSP/Vita through PS3 Transfer) - 3.99

This is a great sale but the Sega Genesis Collection is the steal of this package..

I agree, and I think I might pick this up for my Vita! Question though, will this work on PlayStation TV also (and will multiplayer work)? It would be nice to have a portable Golden Axe local co-op machine :)

I agree, and I think I might pick this up for my Vita! Question though, will this work on PlayStation TV also (and will multiplayer work)? It would be nice to have a portable Golden Axe local co-op machine :)

PS3 transfers of PSP titles work on Vita the same way as on PSTV, i.e. for these titles you need a PS3 for download and a Vita/PSTV that you'll play the game on. PSP titles don't allow local multiplayer on PSTV unless they would allow it on PSP anyway (divekick style). There are a few Vita titles, but no PSP ones.

RK128

If you transfer the game to your Vita through your PS3, I'm sure that it should work on your PS TV, as you would be using the same PSN account and the same Memory Card. You cannot download the game directly to your systems (you need a PS3 to do that), so I think doing it once for your main Vita memory card and another time for your PS TV memory card.....it should work then.

I'm sorry if I cannot help you with this, as I don't own a PlayStation TV :(.

Top Bottom