• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

FunkyPajamas said:
Hey guys, it seems sony added printer support to the PS3. I wonder if they're pushing updates to it behind the scenes.

You're right! It seems they fixed the clock too.

LowParry

Dorfdad said:
Well yesterday I went ahead and followed through on my idle threat. But here me out......

SMH

Edit: Oh yeah, I've seen the same reaction with 360 users with RROD. Sell all their shit and buy a PS3. Talk about blowing up your own wallet of what you already invested.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
kassatsu said:
They don't ever talk about PSN games. there is like a 45 sec montage and that is all.

So how does it feel promoting PSN far more than Sony themselves and most likely making more money for every single developer out there than any single person from Sony?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
CcrooK said:
SMH

Edit: Oh yeah, I've seen the same reaction with 360 users with RROD. Sell all their shit and buy a PS3. Talk about blowing up your own wallet of what you already invested.

I hear you and understand, however I refuse to allow a company to profit anything from me after the shit they have been pulling PSN getting hacked and their response was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak..

Hi, I am a short-sighted person who's terrible with money. I traded in an expensive piece of electronic equipment for far less than its true value because a free online service went down for a couple of weeks. I then re-bought a similar piece of equipment for a much higher price and all of the previous accessories I had for the other piece of equipment. No lasting damage was done to my person, but I'm terribly impatient and decided to bomb my bank account.

LowParry

Dorfdad said:
I hear you and understand, however I refuse to allow a company to profit anything from me after the shit they have been pulling PSN getting hacked and their response was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak..

I get that, but to sell 2 systems and 40+ games to get less than half of what you already owned? I just think of that and cringe. No way I could do that.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Hi, I am a short-sighted person who's terrible with money. I traded in an expensive piece of electronic equipment for far less than its true value because a free online service went down for a couple of weeks. I then re-bought a similar piece of equipment for a much higher price and all of the previous accessories I had for the other piece of equipment. No lasting damage was done to my person, but I'm terribly impatient and decided to bomb my bank account.

So true.

Why do people come here and lie about selling consoles?

Is games culture that broken?

Don't answer that.

snap0212

purple cobra said:
Feeling pretty good about my May 10th prediction. :)
Do you really think they'd delay the re-launch indefinitely if they could bring it back two days later than they had planned?

I'm not sure, but after seeing how Sony missed two of their own deadlines already, I don't think they're moving as fast as we wish they would.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wish the PS3 had some sort of ability to play games while not connected online. That would be something. Damn SOnLivey.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dorfdad said:
long post
Bwahahah

I understand buying a 360 for better parental controls among a host of other reasons, but selling your entire game library? You couldn't keep one PS3 just for some exclusives? You're completely nuts man (unless you really needed the money or you otherwise couldn't buy the 360, I guess.) But selling all your games/hardware out of spite is, well, wow.

Loudninja

snap0212 said:
Do you really think they'd delay the re-launch indefinitely if they could bring it back two days later than they had planned?

I'm not sure, but after seeing how Sony missed two of their own deadlines already, I don't think they're moving as fast as we wish they would.
AH they didn't say that.

patsu

KenOD said:
I wish the PS3 had some sort of ability to play games while not connected online. That would be something. Damn SOnLivey.

Hm ? You can still play local co-op and SP games now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dorfdad said:
Well yesterday I went ahead and followed through on my idle threat. But here me out......

No offense, but:

HarrisonFordWhoGivesAShit.gif

Okay, we don't love you, bye-bye.

FlightOfHeaven said:

:lol For serious, I know someone that is doing nearly the same damn thing but isn't invested in PS3 games as this dude. But frankly that person I never play online with outside of GT5 so I can't really give a shit.

In any case, I want to have an update from Sony on what the percentage of their internal final testing phase is.

snap0212

Loudninja said:
AH they didn't say that.
They wanted to bring back some of the services "within a week" and haven't done so. In the newest blog post they apologize for the delay and don't give us any new information. Sounds indefinitely to me.

mr.hands

Banned
guys he didn't think of a price yet.

But I am guessing:
125 dollar per PS3? makes 250.
About 10 dollar per game? 450.
700 Dollar in total.

The PS3 probably cost... 599 and 299. 900, 40 per game? 1800, 2700 dollar total.

Selling the PS3's is good, because it will pay for at least 4 years of online gaming with the ability to talk during different games, plus in that ability the option to mute other players so your son only hears his friends talk and not some foul mouthed people who only swear and say nasty words :-(

And selling the games is also good because it will pay for the xbox with kinect + one game of choice :-D

zlatko

Banned
My prediction is it's back up this coming Thursday night in the USA.

The amount of games getting dumped on by this is tragic. SOCOM 4 is pretty much fucked now thanks to this, and the community for Brink on PS3 is probably going to be dead if it isn't up before it comes out this Tuesday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Potential winners for the GAF bet. lol

May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien, Mr. E. Yis
May 12 - DavieC726, Beer Monkey, Divvy
May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri

all this psn downtime made me play A LOT of old psn purchases i had but never actually played more than 5minutes.
I would just turn on my ps3, sign in on psn, look at the list of psn games and say "screw that" and just go do something else instead.

Greg

kazuma_pt said:
all this psn downtime made me play A LOT of old psn purchases i had but never actually played more than 5minutes.
I would just turn on my ps3, sign in on psn, look at the list of psn games and say "screw that" and just go do something else instead.
I reformatted shortly before PSN went down and never had the chance to download them again.

Fantastic timing.

Dorfdad said:
Well at least you can stop posting in this thread now.

i wonder how much MS/XBL is benefitting from this. not trolling at all, i have both systems, but it just seems that some people could have been fed up with no PSN by now and turned to xbl.

i kind of wish i had gotten MK for 360 over ps3 at this point :/

Dorfdad said:

I traded in two PS3's and 45 games I owned for the system as I am now 100% totally disguised with Sony and the PS3. I have been a long time sony fan, and I will miss a few game but I will not own the console again until the ps4 and a real network is designed...

Sure, I can understand you not being real high on the Sony right about now,
though no feeling of betrayal could ever provoke me to take what sounds like
such a potential beating in trade. I realize that money doesn't grow...
though neither did what you had invested up to this point.

mr.hands said:
guys he didn't think of a price yet.

But I am guessing:
125 dollar per PS3? makes 250.
About 10 dollar per game? 450.
700 Dollar in total.

The PS3 probably cost... 599 and 299. 900, 40 per game? 1800, 2700 dollar total.

Selling the PS3's is good, because it will pay for at least 4 years of online gaming with the ability to talk during different games, plus in that ability the option to mute other players so your son only hears his friends talk and not some foul mouthed people who only swear and say nasty words :-(

And selling the games is also good because it will pay for the xbox with kinect + one game of choice :-D
Sounds like damn advertisement for xbox live. GTFO of here with that bullshit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wario64 said:

May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
Said it earlier, If I knew you could have more on one date. Would have picked the 10th. It's not coming up tomorrow since today is Sunday :O

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wonder how much MS/XBL is benefitting from this. not trolling at all, i have both systems, but it just seems that some people could have been fed up with no PSN by now and turned to xbl.

People posting about so called selling their PS3's is a tiny fraction of the user base. Were talking thousands. If that.

not trolling at all, i have both systems

Hear that amir?

droopy

Wario64 said:

May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri

May as well include the June entrants at this point.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

But we both know where your allegiance lies!

Wario64 said:

May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
Missed out on the betting. Are you still taking December bets?

Sporran

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I think less than people think

I got 2 360s (fat n slim), 2 ps3 (fat n slim) guess what is the only one thats been on the last few months, btw ive downgraded to silver ;) Hope that helps.

jcm

Dorfdad said:

You know, they don't actually profit when you play games you already own on a system you already own. All you had to do was stop buying new games to achieve exactly the same effect on Sony, without depriving yourself the games you already bought.

okenny

Banned
I seriously hope that other platform holders are taking notes over this (I'm looking at you Microsoft) as it relates to inability to access your offline content without online verification. I have a lot of Xbox Live Indie Games and they all require I be signed on to Xbox Live to play even if I'm not using Live functionality. It pisses me off and makes me fearful should something like this were to happen on that service.

If we can't have guarantees without repercussions on the part of the platform holders regarding their service availability then they should not be allowed to impose arbitrary restrictions about what you can and cant play offline.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
okenny said:
I seriously hope that other platform holders are taking notes over this (I'm looking at you Microsoft) as it relates to inability to access your offline content without online verification. I have a lot of Xbox Live Indie Games and they all require I be signed on to Xbox Live to play even if I'm not using Live functionality. It pisses me off and makes me fearful should something like this were to happen on that service.

If we can't have guarantees without repercussions on the part of the platform holders regarding their service availability then they should not be allowed to impose arbitrary restrictions about what you can and cant play offline.

Did you transfer your licenses?

test_account

XP-39C²
Dorfdad said:
#1. after years of being told were working on it (no cross game chat) Social interaction on the PS3 is laughable.
Is the social interaction laughable just because there is no cross game chat?

Dorfdad said:
#2. Patching, forced installs that speed up nothing, and features being removed from us all the time with features being asked for ignored.
Which features have been removed all the time? (assuming your talking about software, since hardware stuff doesnt affect you if you already own a PS3).

Dorfdad said:
#6. Sony's ignorance and FU attitude toward it's customer base, and the fact That they knowingly unprotected my account info which caused me a royal pain in the ass to cancel and setup all my accounts again.
Which FU attitude are you referring to? And what do you mean with "knowingly uprotected my account info"?

EDIT: If you feel that selling all your PS3 stuff was the best decition for you, i respect that. I can also see that if you wanted a Xbox 360 if the parental control settings are better when you have a son. But i still wonder about the questions that i ask above here :)

BothBarsOn said:
Friend died? Fuck him. Get a new friend!

You're missing the point.
I think he was more referring to "you can do other things while PSN is still down". If your friend dies, he/she is gone forever, PSN wont be down forever.

okenny

Banned
BothBarsOn said:
Friend died? Fuck him. Get a new friend!

You're missing the point.

It's not like waiting for a dead friend to comeback to life is a viable option :/
...yeah so fuck that guy!

RPGCrazied

Will I ever get to buy Outland? BGE? Wow. If they wait another week, it'll be almost a month since its been down. A month! This won't make me switch over to XBL, not really a multiplayer gamer, but I do enjoy PSN stuff and other DLC from time to time.

If this isn't up for BRINK or L.A. Noir, shits going to get real.

Raoh

kazuma_pt said:

Yep, I've realized that I have been frivolous with my purchases.

Unfinished games.
PS+ member, I download the free games every week but they sit there. I have syphon filter 1 and 3, ffvii, rally cross, oddworld games, a bunch of mini's, comet crash, stacking, still haven't played the extraction game that came with dead space 2, battlefield 1943 that came with the ultimate edition of bad company 2, savage moon, pixeljunk monsters, dead nation, wipeout hd, high stakes poker, etc etc etc.. some are online and can't play them now but obviously games i should be playing when it is back online.

I'm going to be purchasing at a much slower pace from now on until I not only finish my current library but also set time to take advantage of all the games offerings (beating all the game modes, trophies, etc)

I still have a list of untouched games i picked up from steam as well...

Raoh

shintoki said:
Said it earlier, If I knew you could have more on one date. Would have picked the 10th. It's not coming up tomorrow since today is Sunday :O

I still say it will be between 6am and 4pm Monday May 9.

okenny

Banned
Wario64 said:
Did you transfer your licenses?

Yeah. I transfered all my old XBLA purchases to my new slim when I got it last year and those play fine. The Indie stuff however do not unless I'm online... even stuff I purchased while on the slim. I read on some board this is how it is for all XBLIG content but I haven't seen anything from MS themselves.

Staticks

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Who said anything about trading in/selling said (expensive?) piece of electronic equipment? I am simply adding another, worthwhile, arguably more reliable piece of online-enabled equipment to my setup. The latter of which is not actually all that expensive at all (i.e., ~$200 if you deal-hunt a little bit).

I may not be selling my PS3, but Sony sure as hell isn't happy about potentially contributing to the increase of the Xbox 360's worldwide install base.

Raoh

God I can't wait for PS3 to get cross game chat. Just so people stop asking for it. Such an overrated feature. At least to me.

I only want to talk to people when I'm playing an online game. And at that time I would hope the people on my squad are talking to our squad, not to someone else playing another game not paying attention.

Drop in Drop out Game Invites are more important to me that cross chat.

It will be be the least used feature. When I had my 360 people would send me chat invites, and i could not figure out for the life of me what someone wanted to talk about. So I stopped responding to people unless it was a game invite or assistance to help with a co op game.

Most of my friends are all over 35 and we talk at the bar, at work, at parties. But we don't just call each other up to chat so I don't see us doing it in game.

It's like party chat. Has some benefits, but when i joined a left 4 dead game i thought I was being ignored, turned out the other members were in a party chat and ignoring the in game team chat. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom