• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Tailzo said:
I have around 50 accounts.

EU, US, JP, HK....

+ a whole lot of US accounts.

I played GT5 up to a high level in A-spec, then I lost my gamesave. Since I thought I might never play GT5 up to that level again, I resorted to cheating to get free cars. Thus creating extremely many accounts with each 5 sub accounts (children born in 2010 or 2009) to get Pagani Zonda and some of the other awesome cars I used to have back.
50?! I have 3. :lol

linsivvi

Hanmik said:
The internet.. That is not the same as psn.. That is sony .. Sony the ones with the pspgo, umd, betamax and other stuff. They are not the internet.
I really hope it is as simple as a simple email request (because the acconyts are tied to my home email and my work email), then I will be happy, and have my account back.. Then I only will have to wait for psn store to be able to redownload all my games, dlc etc.

So when PSN comes back up and this is not the way how it works, come here and bitch and moan how stupid Sony is.

Until then, just admit you had no idea what validated email confirmation is and move along.

We have enough misinformation in these PSN threads as it is.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I don't particularly care about the free PSN+ thing, but it's a nice gesture, at least. I'm more interested in the other free stuff (hopefully some free game that doesn't suck, or a free PS1 classic)

Ashkeloth

I'm not going to lie. I'm happy about being able to play online again, but a month for PS Store? That shit is ridiculous. I know they probably want to take their time to make their network so that this doesn't happen again, but I'll be surprised if a lot of devs and publishers aren't massively pissed at them.

The fact that I've been wanting to play Arcana Heart 3 and Mortal Kombat online for a while, but now will not be able to access either, due to the online pass in MK requiring a download from the PS Store, and Arcana Heart 3 being downloadable only pisses me off even more.

Of course, looking on the bright side, I'll get a free month of PS+. Great. The only really noteworthy feature of that outside of cloud saves (which I won't bother using since I have no intention to ever pay for the stupid things they offer for the service) is the free downloadable games and discounts, which I can't even access due to there being no store.

Maybe Sony'll do something smart and start the month when the PS Store goes back up, and they did say they'll offer a free downloadable game, but I'm still feeling pretty inconvenienced here.

Abylim

It amazes me that people are complaining about this. Honestly, if sony didnt require the email or Ps3 method, what else can they do? Do you think they can have all of us calling the support centres for manual resets?

If you're email account is compromised due to having the same PW as your psn, and the ps3 you use doesnt have your account on it, complain. But even then, I'm sure there would be a way around it.

Honestly, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted from Sony, I'd only be happier if this shit never happened.

Man

Ashkeloth said:
Of course, looking on the bright side, I'll get a free month of PS+. Great. The only really noteworthy feature of that outside of cloud saves (which I won't bother using since I have no intention to ever pay for the stupid things they offer for the service) is the free downloadable games and discounts, which I can't even access due to there being no store.
I would think the PS+ membership is activated when the PS Store is available again. The other rewards you can't claim without a working PS Store either.

You will have regular online gameplay from this week and when PS Store is back up you will receive a collection of 'Welcome Back' bonuses.

linsivvi

Genjikage said:
It amazes me that people are complaining about this. Honestly, if sony didnt require the email or Ps3 method, what else can they do? Do you think they can have all of us calling the support centres for manual resets?

If you're email account is compromised due to having the same PW as your psn, and the ps3 you use doesnt have your account on it, complain. But even then, I'm sure there would be a way around it.

Honestly, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted from Sony, I'd only be happier if this shit never happened.

He just got owned because he didn't know how an email can be used to verify password change, but won't admit being ignorant so he went on a rant on how this is Sony, and how stupid they are.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
HomerSimpson-Man said:
One thing that has me wondering. Considering so much cost this is all doing to keep something up that is mostly free what incentive does Sony have next generation to keep it free? Especially in light of XBL which gets subscriptions to help pay for it's network.

I guess it's a bullet point to kept it different from the competition, but geez Sony lost a lot of money this generation.

Please don't have second thoughts Sony for next generation.
What? Why should I care? All I know is that they'd lose me as a customer (I buy shit loads on PSN store) if they decide to charge for PSN next gen... And I'm saying that as a Sony fan.

daffy

Banned
jigglywiggly said:
Wouldn't it be amazing if the free PSN+ subs auto-renew?
Aha, I bet they will. But it is so easy to cancel that it shouldn't be a problem, unlike Xbox Live's 12-step process.

okenny

Banned
Alx said:
So, how did 1 million users manage to create a PSN account while the servers were down ? :p

That's a question only Sony can answer. the 69 million to 78 million period is full of shenanigans.

test_account

XP-39C²
Up this week? This week ends today (Sunday), so PSN is back up today? :D (i know it is next week).

About the PS+ compansation, does the excisting PS+ customers get their subscription extended for the downtime pluss getting additional 30 days for free? If not, then excisting PS+ users only get like 14 days for free while new users get 30 days for free. Not really a big deal for me personally, but it wouldnt be equal compansation at least on this field.

boyshine

FTH said:
Aha, I bet they will. But it is so easy to cancel that it shouldn't be a problem, unlike Xbox Live's 12-step process.
I believe forced subscription following free gift period is illegal in some countries, unless it's specifically written as "free* 30 day trial".

Man

test_account said:
Up this week? This week ends today (Sunday), so PSN is back up today? :D (i know it is next week).
This. It's just uncivilized to have Sunday be the start of the week aka Mondays.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Man said:
This. It's just uncivilized to have Sunday be the start of the week aka Mondays.

I agree. It's uncivilized.

Abylim

Ok, I'm curious, and confused. I grew up in Canada, and sunday was the start of the week, I'm pretty sure it's the same in Australia, where I currently reside. Which country has sunday as the end of the week?

jsnepo

I'm grateful that Sony even considers compensating for the outage and theft but I wish they would just bring back PS2 backward compatibility as a firmware update.

Alx

Genjikage said:
Ok, I'm curious, and confused. I grew up in Canada, and sunday was the start of the week, I'm pretty sure it's the same in Australia, where I currently reside. Which country has sunday as the end of the week?

Most of them actually. I think considering Sunday as the first day of the week is a very British - commonwealth thing.
Traditionally speaking, it makes more sense to consider that Sunday is the 7th day of the week (with all the Genesis stuff and everything...)

Kafel

Banned
General Shank-a-snatch said:
Within a week, we will ALL have those fabulous +es on our gamer cards. Splendid!

magneto.gif

Man

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Within a week, we will ALL have those fabulous +es on our gamer cards. Splendid!
No. Most likely when the PS Store is back up and alongside other bonuses. Until that time you will have normal ordinary online play.

BeeDog

Genjikage said:

Most of the world, actually. The UK is the only country I've been to where the week starts with Sunday.

EDIT: beaten by Alx.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jigglywiggly said:
As long as the funds are in your wallet, you can buy the subscription. When renewing, I assume they try your wallet first, then your CC if it's on there, then it fails.

supermackem said:
Yes as long as you have credit on your account by psn cards you can buy psn +.

obonicus said:

Good to know, cheers!

It's good online play will be back, I'll be able to finish Portal 2 co-op, but I really, really want the store back. I redeemed a couple of codes before the store went down, but didn't download the stuff. Now I don't know when I'll be able to get it.

Something tells me that the free content will be something very casual, cheap, and of Sony's choosing.

Remember when Xbox Live went down for a week or two a few years back? They gave us Undertow.

linsivvi

BrokenEchelon said:
Something tells me that the free content will be something very casual, cheap, and of Sony's choosing.

Remember when Xbox Live went down for a week or two a few years back? They gave us Undertow.

Let's reserve judgment until we see the content. It could be something cool like an unreleased game or it could be worse like avatars, animated themes or some shit.

At least it'll be region specific so that means you can potentially get several times the content.

tzare

i wonder if deleted CC info was in their servers. I used to delete after purchase all the time. DId they say anytihing about that?

spwolf

Genjikage said:

your week starts on Sunday? Weird. I cant believe I did not know that!

dalin80

Banned
BeeDog said:
Most of the world, actually. The UK is the only country I've been to where the week starts with Sunday.

EDIT: beaten by Alx.

I dont know about the rest of brit gaf but I have never known anyone consider sunday the start of the week, its always been monday.

Zeliard

jigglywiggly said:
Wouldn't it be amazing if the free PSN+ subs auto-renew?

I doubt that's going to happen since they require your credit card info on file for things like auto-renew, in order to be able to process it. For obvious reasons, you won't be required to enter that in for the free PS+ month.

Abylim

The world never ceases to amaze me! It makes sense monday would be the first day, especially going by the bible.

Craziness!
In any even I think we all know they mean the coming week, as in, the next 7 days?

test_account

XP-39C²
Genjikage said:
Is it still like this? I ask since you say "was".

BeeDog

dalin80 said:
I dont know about the rest of brit gaf but I have never known anyone consider sunday the start of the week, its always been monday.

I'm probably incorrect then, because one online UK shop I frequent states Sunday as the start of the week, and I found this just now from some random Google'd page:

"Many British calendars and diaries use Monday as the start of the week; but some still use Sunday.

Traditionally, at least for the English, the week started on Sunday, the Holy Day. Note also "Mittwoch" for Wednesday in German. Others have different Holy Days, perhaps at the end of their week, but generally occurring on the English days Friday or Saturday, and with their own choice of starting and finishing times. The Christian use of Sunday was established by the Emperor Constantine in AD 321."

In addition, PS3 will have a forced system software update that will require all registered PlayStation Network users to change their account passwords before being able to sign into the service. As an added layer of security, that password can only be changed on the same PS3 in which that account was activated, or through validated email confirmation, a critical step to help further protect customer data.

This is a good thing. Can't wait to change those damn passwords!!

yurinka

So :

- PSN is back this week, at least partially.
- PSN free content (may change for territory, to be announced) + 1 free month of PSN for everyone + 1 free month of Qriocity for existing members as compensation.
- PSN security improved, and they will continue improving it.
- Forced firmware update to reset the password in the console where it was created or by mail.

Sounds great. I bet they will update it this tuesday / wednesday, when aprox the store is updated.

spats

yurinka said:
So :

- PSN is back this week, at least partially.
- PSN free content (may change for territory, to be announced) + 1 free month of PSN for everyone + 1 free month of Qriocity for existing members as compensation.
- PSN security improved, and they will continue improving it.
- Forced firmware update to reset the password in the console where it was created or by mail.

Sounds great. I bet they will update it this tuesday / wednesday, when aprox the store is updated.

I don't think you heard but Sony is doomed because of this and Kaz is already planning a harakiri.

BeeDog

Speaking of the PS Store, I really can't see them drag on the reintroduction for very long. I mean, they must have an immense amount of pressure from publishers and developers to reinstate it, so my guess is that the "within a month" statement is just a very broad term so they can cover their ass, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom