• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benedict said:
Where/when was that confirmed? I haven't read anything about that.

So if I, "theoretically", had a US account, JAP account and EU account, I will only get compensated on one of those accounts and the welcome pack will be locked on the other regions when I've made the choice?

How will they do that?

No, you can only download one game, remember that each region will offer different content, so if US and EU offer free Killzone map pack you cannot download this dlc two times.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
EmmanuelMunoz said:
You still get the free game or whatever they give as the compensation download

As a plus subscriber I expect a free game once a month anyway, rumours are that the store might not be back up until the end of the month, if that's true will plus subscribers get what they would of missed out during that month and the free game?, I expect not.

SmithnCo said:
Quick question, when PSN+ expires your cloud saves don't get deleted or anything do they? It would be nice to use the free month to store saves in there just in case, then rejoin PSN+ in the off chance I need to redownland them.
The saves are in the cloud for 6 months after you PSN+ expires.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
shagg_187 said:
Did you see the other thread? You couldn't post anything constructive without fanboys derailing your posts. Sorry for being annoying if I am. Can you state why and where?
Considering how many threads covered this case, I say that would be a pretty hard task. But I can definitely say that you haven't been the calmest and most rational of posters (I was *this* close to PM'ing you a photo of xanax once, true story). Anyhow, it doesn't really matter now, neither does my off-topic observation.

Noshino said:
and your constant overreactions aren't any better.
You must be mistaking me for another poster.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Are there any full details about PS+?

C-Jo said:
Remind me again of what you get with your PSN+ subscription aside from discounts, cloud saves and the occasional free game?

That comment about people just re-upping after their 30 days are through got me thinking about how I'm a bad person who would probably let that happen.

It offers bimonthly update of:

- Games, including PSN titles, PSOne titles and Minis, of which few of them you can keep permanently even when your subscription runs out;
- Exclusive Avatars and Themes, including dynamics and static, all you keep permanently;
- Early access to PSN titles, ranging from one week to two;
- Early and exclusive access to closed betas;
- Discounts on new and previously released PSN products including DLCs, all you keep permanently;
- Daily auto-updates of firmware and games that you have recently played;
- 100MB of cloud storage for save files;
- External services such as MLB.TV or NHL Game Center;

If none of this interests you then PSN+ isn't for you. I do suggest everyone to give it a try to see for themselves if they appreciate it or despise it.

Luckyman

Banned
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/04/trixter/

“Literally everything goes through a web server somewhere,” he says. “Different [Sony] divisions maintain different servers. I never saw a current version of Apache on any of them

SKFU, too, says Sony’s security is poor. By way of example, he says he and other researchers found unused functions buried in the PlayStation firmware that can be executed on the network. “Like, you could join the PlayStation Network as a guest, or access any environment they use.”

“It wasn’t an attack against Sony,” he speculates. “It was an attack against a big computer that held a lot of information.”

McDanel says he agrees that a profit-oriented intruder was likely behind the attack. “If they were behind on Apache, they were probably behind on their mail server; they were probably behind on their DNS server,” he says. “They were probably behind on everything

aristotle

IonicSnake said:
I remember one of the fallout DLC was only yours while a plus member unless I read it wrong.

They did state originally that all DLC would be yours to keep after your sub expires. The one caveat was Premium DLC would expire. As far as I know, there is no such thing as premium DLC yet. They left that clause in there for possible future DLC.

I just want to welcome all the peasants who will be temporarily joining the master race of PSN+. :p
Here's a tip, Do not forget to turn on Automatic Downloads when you activate your PSN+ membership.
teehee!

Mooreberg

ULTROS! said:
Are there any full details about PS+?

"PlayStation Store will be back online 24 hours after your free trial month of PSN+ ends!"

0116_a8sr.gif

aristotle said:
They did state originally that all DLC would be yours to keep after your sub expires. The one caveat was Premium DLC would expire. As far as I know, there is no such thing as premium DLC yet. They left that clause in there for possible future DLC.

Ah I see, thanks.

Jinfash said:
Considering how many threads covered this case, I say that would be a pretty hard task. But I can definitely say that you haven't been the calmest and most rational of posters (I was *this* close to PM'ing you a photo of xanax once, true story). Anyhow, it doesn't really matter now, neither does my off-topic observation.

Well then... next time, call me out when I do so and I'll see if my actions were unjust. Till then, you can PM me xanax whenever you like! I'm sorry if my posts pissed you off to that extend.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
shagg_187 said:

- Games, including PSN titles, PSOne titles and Minis, of which few of them you can keep permanently even when you subscription runs out;
- Exclusive Avatars and Themes, including dynamics and static, all you keep permanently;
- Discounts on new and previously released PSN products including DLCs, all you keep permanently;

If none of this interests you then PSN+ isn't for you. I do suggest everyone to give it a try to see for themselves if they appreciate it or despise it.

Just wondering, remember Sega gave out free Sonic 1 and 2 to PS+ members right? Were people able to keep them permanently?

C-Jo

shagg_187 said:

- Games, including PSN titles, PSOne titles and Minis, of which few of them you can keep permanently even when you subscription runs out;

That stuff sounds alright I guess. I can't see myself paying for it, but who knows. Maybe the 30 days will change my mind.

ULTROS! said:
Just wondering, remember Sega gave out free Sonic 1 and 2 to PS+ members right? Were people able to keep them permanently?
Sadly, it has an expiry date so no, I don't think you can play it after it expires. The only way to find out is in a month! :p

A few games stay, most of them go away. The best way to find out is to go to "information" and check if there is an expiry date.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
ULTROS! said:

If I remember correctly the license said they expired when my plus acc ran out.

For new members to Playstation Plus just hit triangle on the software title once installed to find out extra information regarding an expiry date.

SmithnCo

Roxas said:
100% guarantee that PAIN will be a free download.

I got it from the Subway promotion for free and still regretted it.

Anyway, people suggested Warhawk and Fat Princess, I think either of those would be pretty good. Maybe a selection in case you already own one or two games.

C-Jo

I hope they offer something along the lines of a $10 store credit. Offering a game, or even selection of games, is pretty lame if the person already owns them.

BeeDog

C-Jo said:
I hope they offer something along the lines of a $10 store credit. Offering a game, or even selection of games, is pretty lame if the person already owns them.

I don't understand why people keep expecting this. There's almost no way they can do this, seeing the amount of fake accounts on PSN. People would abuse the hell out of it.

Apath

So wait, all users get 1 free month of PS+, or all get 1 free month of PS+ and all current PS+ subscribers get an extra month?

Either way, good on Sony. Pretty much what I expected them to do, which makes up for the down times and security breach in my mind.

EDIT: What's the point in choosing the free content? People will just choose them all and then share them with multiple accounts. Unless it's a significant amount of things to choose from.

Yoshiya

jigglywiggly said:
If non-subscribers get the gold plus next to their names I'm gonna be fucking livid.
...really? You actually care? That's sadder than obsessing over imaginary trophies.

Kenak said:
So wait, all users get 1 free month of PS+, or all get 1 free month of PS+ and all current PS+ subscribers get an extra month?

Either way, good on Sony. Pretty much what I expected them to do, which makes up for the down times and security breach in my mind.

This one

C-Jo

BeeDog said:
I don't understand why people keep expecting this. There's almost no way they can do this, seeing the amount of fake accounts on PSN. People would abuse the hell out of it.
I don't expect it at all, it would just be nice. That's a good point though. Maybe they could cut down on abuse by only offering it to accounts that have registered credit card information.

All I know is that coming back and saying "Sorry guys, here's a free copy of Pain" would be a kick in the dick even if I didn't already own it.

SmithnCo

On the topic of people abusing the system, credit seems very unlikely and a selection may be out of the cards because people would try to download every game offered somehow.

Just gotta hope they don't give out free stuff you already have I guess.

jiggles

Banned
Dead Man said:
And the entitlement train is off again!
What's the point in such an e-penis if every single person has the same one? I paid cash money to establish my superiority over my friends list, but now I'm just knocked back down to their level.

jigglywiggly said:
What's the point in such an e-penis if every single person has the same one? I paid cash money to establish my superiority over my friends list, but now I'm just knocked back down to their level.
oh u

Apath

Only for a month. This is a good move on Sony since there is a decent chance people will like their free PS+ tied games enough to sign up for regular service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom