• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinfash said:
Now you're releasing PSAs?

Man I have no idea what this event has done to you, but you've become increasingly annoying. :\

Did you see the other thread? You couldn't post anything constructive without fanboys derailing your posts. Sorry for being annoying if I am. Can you state why and where? I'll do my best to defend my actions with reasonable sense. If it's not sense then I'll leave this thread and let it be.

For now, I am happy I can play Portal 2 and MK online in the coming days! :)

Mooreberg

I guess this means the KZ3 maps are basically free for anyone who wants to download them now? Will be interesting to see what the other compensation items are. Not expecting much.

FTH said:
Have we found out details pertaining to the availability of free content per account or per system? They already know singular users create multiple accounts so..

Yeah its confirm that you can only download one game/content per console even if you have 5 different accounts in your PS3.

SmithnCo

Cloudius12 said:
Regarding Playstation Plus, any free content from it can only be access as long as you have the service? Or can it be access without Plus?

Depends, sometimes they give out free games to own. I don't expect them to do that here through Plus though, as they may give out a free game separately.

Ummm, my PSN account was created on an older PS3 which I don't have anymore. I bought a slim after having had issues with my old PS3 system. I take it from what was posted earlier that I won't be able to retrieve my account in that case???

I look forward to being able to turn on my PS3 without being greeted with that PSN login error soon. Getting a free month of Plus is nice too. Better than I expected.

daffy

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
Regarding Playstation Plus, any free content from it can only be access as long as you have the service? Or can it be access without Plus?
This one. Actually I think DLC is treated differently..
arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Yeah its confirm that you can only download one game per console even if you have 5 different accounts in your PS3.
Thanks

BeeDog said:
I'm curious about Sony's backroom dealings with various publishers now, seeing as the store will be down for what seems to be a decent while. They must placate them somehow, because they are understandably enormously pissed.

One thing that has me wondering. Considering so much cost this is all doing to keep something up that is mostly free what incentive does Sony have next generation to keep it free? Especially in light of XBL which gets subscriptions to help pay for it's network.

I guess it's a bullet point to kept it different from the competition, but geez Sony lost a lot of money this generation.

Please don't have second thoughts Sony for next generation.

So online-gaming and stuff like that will be up this week (should be today since this week is over tomorrow) and the Playstation Store will be up within this month if I heard them right in the conference.

Mooreberg said:
I guess this means the KZ3 maps are basically free for anyone who wants to download them now? Will be interesting to see what the other compensation items are. Not expecting much.

Yeah, it'll kill the ebay powersellers who are selling codes to the maps they got from Schick website, that's for sure!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
state_vector_collapse said:
Ummm, my PSN account was created on an older PS3 which I don't have anymore. I bought a slim after having had issues with my old PS3 system. I take it from what was posted earlier that I won't be able to retrieve my account in that case???

The PR states the PS3 has to be activated to change password, so not necessarily the account created going by their wording. Also can use email confirmation.

Email is probably the sure bet method. You can create accounts without even having a PS3 so I'm not sure how they can determine if it was made by the original PS3.

state_vector_collapse said:

Yes you can, if you do the transfer from PS3 to PS3.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Please please please let it be a selection of titles to choose from, kind of like how they handled the PSN Network Voting.

If one of those titles were Mass Effect 2, I'd wholly forgive Sony for all of their mistakes of the past few weeks.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
For current PSN+ subscribers (including myself) it is disappointing compensation as we will just be getting back the time we lost, at most we may get a week extra out of it.

dc89

Isn't PSN+ with no store kinda pointless?

Hopefully that free 30 day offer starts once the stores are up.

What do you think?

GavinGT

Banned
“This criminal act against our network had a significant impact not only on our consumers, but our entire industry. These illegal attacks obviously highlight the widespread problem with cyber-security. We take the security of our consumers’ information very seriously and are committed to helping our consumers protect their personal data.

Can't they assume even the least bit of responsibility for having such a shoddy system in the first place?

SmithnCo

Ellis Kim said:
Please please please let it be a selection of titles to choose from, kind of like how they handled the PSN Network Voting.

If one of those titles were Mass Effect 2, I'd wholly forgive Sony for all of their mistakes of the past few weeks.

lol That's pretty optimistic.

I'm expecting PAIN and Rag Doll Kung-Fu myself.

NewFresh

lowrider007 said:
For current PSN+ subscribers (including myself) it is disappointing compensation as we will just be getting back the time we lost, at most we may get a week extra out of it.
You still get the free game or whatever they give as the compensation download
Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.

lowrider007 said:

No, current PSN+ will have new content free to choose from. I THINK, not so sure.

Zeliard

dc89 said:
Isn't PSN+ with no store kinda pointless?

Hopefully that free 30 day offer starts once the stores are up.

What do you think?

PS+ is practically useless without the store. There's no way both won't be up together. It's just illogical.

Cloudius12 said:

Things like avatars and themes are usually always yours to keep forever. DLC for games can vary, sometimes they are yours to keep forever and sometimes you can only play them while a plus member. Games are yours to play while a plus member unless it's a bonus thing, games you buy with discount are yours to keep forever.

Mr_Elysia

I stated before in the other thread, but that one was a mad man, if they accessed the list which included registered e-mail accounts and now they are allowing people to change their password via registered e-mail, I think it opens some less than savvy users to having to divulge information to fake e-mails from those with the list.

Edit: Grammatical errors.

C-Jo

Remind me again of what you get with your PSN+ subscription aside from discounts, cloud saves and the occasional free game?

That comment about people just re-upping after their 30 days are through got me thinking about how I'm a bad person who would probably let that happen.

chris0701

SmithnCo said:
lol That's pretty optimistic.

I'm expecting PAIN and Rag Doll Kung-Fu myself.

I also think Mass Effect 2 is one good point to make compensation.

On the other hand,the PS3 version sold badly in America. Good for Sony to make a great deal to let EA release it for free.

*mouth foams at the though of one more month*

awww... you shouldn't have Sony.

you will. you WILL.
LLShC.gif

Mooreberg

HomerSimpson-Man said:
One thing that has me wondering. Considering so much cost this is all doing to keep something up that is mostly free what incentive does Sony have next generation to keep it free? Especially in light of XBL which gets subscriptions to help pay for it's network.

After seeing how people shell out for XBL year in and year out I doubt online play will be for Sony's system next gen, whenever that happens to be. At that point, Steam ahoy!

Loudninja

The company also expedited an already planned move of the system to a new data center in a different location that has been under construction and development for several months.

So I guess the PSN was going to be down no matter what.

daffy

Banned
C-Jo said:
Remind me again of what you get with your PSN+ subscription aside from discounts, cloud saves and the occasional free game?

That comment about people just re-upping after their 30 days are through got me thinking about how I'm a bad person who would probably let that happen.
Betas and early demos as well.

Benedict

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Yeah its confirm that you can only download one game/content per console even if you have 5 different accounts in your PS3.

Where/when was that confirmed? I haven't read anything about that.

So if I, "theoretically", had a US account, JAP account and EU account, I will only get compensated on one of those accounts and the welcome pack will be locked on the other regions when I've made the choice?

How will they do that?

aristotle

IonicSnake said:
Things like avatars and themes are usually always yours to keep forever. DLC for games can vary, sometimes they are yours to keep forever and sometimes you can only play them while a plus member. Games are yours to play while a plus member unless it's a bonus thing, games you buy with discount are yours to keep forever.

DLC is always yours to keep forever.

Dead Man

Mooreberg said:
After seeing how people shell out for XBL year in and year out I doubt online play will be for Sony's system next gen, whenever that happens to be. At that point, Steam ahoy!
Yeah, I don't care about all the ancillary things, but if you have to pay to play online, I'm certainly not going to be online on my console.

SmithnCo

Quick question, when PSN+ expires your cloud saves don't get deleted or anything do they? It would be nice to use the free month to store saves in there just in case, then rejoin PSN+ in the off chance I need to redownland them.

Noshino

I can't recall, but doesn't PSN+ Automatic Download also download new games? I can't remember

Jinfash said:
Now you're releasing PSAs?

Man I have no idea what this event has done to you, but you've become increasingly annoying. :\

and your constant overreactions aren't any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom