• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN still down, internal testers online in various games though

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
shagg_187 said:
Err... did you read the thread?

This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games

I take that is Capcom's awful "online" DRM

Billychu said:
By hilarious you mean absolutely awful, but the inevitable truth.
Yeah, a bit of sarcasm in my post. My Go is currently my most-played handheld, but I haven't been able to buy any content in a while.

Wario64 said:
I think it means any activated PS3s associated with the account can change the password. So technically you can have 5 PS3s that are allowed to change the PW....?
No just the PS3 that the account was created on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
angelfly said:
Disappointing compensation.

Seriously. I did not ask nor care for PS+ and a majority of people I've spoken with agree that it isn't all that Sony advertises/benefits are worth it. I don't want the free month. I want the equiv ($10-20?) in my wallet instead. :|

Originally Posted by Wario64 said:
No PS Store might mean no online play for Mortal Kombat for a while. lol ONLINE PASSES LOL.
:lol

Only if it isn't like EA/BC2's prompting for the VIP code on bootup. Used are screwed for the month otherwise. New's don't have to worry if that's the case.

I do find the priority of Home over the Store weird given THE STORE IS WHAT FLIPPING DRIVES HOME. The masses that use Home dump tons of money into the store/paid-for clothes and stuff like that. Not having that is kinda missing the point for those people.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
QuantumBro said:
No just the PS3 that the account was created on.

But you don't need a PS3 to create an account. I've created accounts through the website only.

alr1ghtstart said:

No, I'm pretty sure that everything that is a code will be allowed, especially since that they let you download movies that you already purchased.

Also, Mortal Kombat has a 2 days trial as well so use it wisely if it isn't up!! :mad:

That said, I HOPE this is only for DRM-ed games like Final Fight, cause that'll show the developers NOT to add shit DRMs.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone from this week is gonna win the bet!

WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST (CLOSED)

PRIZES
Whoever guesses the date correctly gets to choose one of three prizes:
-$20 prize of your choice (PSN, MS Points, Nintendo Points, Steam, etc. as long as it's in North America) (thanks to Mr_Elysia)
-Limited edition Xbox 360 faceplate from Zero Hour (thanks to Krakatoa)
-Stacking: Lost Hobo King DLC voucher for PSN (thanks to kassatsu).

If there are multiple winners, I will use some randomizer thingy to chose a random winner. If no one guesses the date right, well...a random person from the whole pool will be chosen just for participating.
I will do another drawing for the prizes that the winner didn't choose within the winning date pool. If only 1 person guessed the correct date, then everyone will be in the pool.

Keep in mind, we'll use the USA region to determine when PSN goes up, and it will be based on the Pacific time zone. So if it goes up at 11:59 PM PDT on May 4th, then May 4th is the winning date.

April 29 - EL Beefo, demigod
April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite, YianGaruga, Sblargh, Adamm, rSpooky, Manji Silk Boss, x3sphere
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!, ApolloJoh, RbBrdMan, mr stroke, Tonza, jayb, Trin3785, dirkdiggy, robut, mufraka, Beam, B1gg_Randall, darkwing, JazzmanZ, rainking187, DR3AM, Lonely1, Koodo, SUBZERO-08, OneMoreQuestion
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong, Miutsu, reKon, PigSpeakers, Jinfash, Complexgod, onQ123, Trevelyon, Kccitystar, Killthee, Fistwell, Atruvius, Jaroof, polyh3dron, shagg_187, LiK, Jax, get2sammyb, Giriath_89, grkazan12, electroshockwave, Hanmik, TheSeks, enewtabie, The_Darkest_Red, aristotle, fadetoblack, Zoibie, Sp3eD, Oni Jazar, Withnail, giancarlo123x, caliblue15, TheBrain76, Cloudius12, Firehead, FINALBOSS, Toki767, Chrange, Cruzader, baekshi, ShineALight, Akuosa, GTP_Daverytimes, Infernodash, .JayZii, Seraphis Cain, Agent X, jcm, Onion_Relish, PsychoRaven
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails, ZeroRay, polg, daegan, Stoffinator, angelfly, StunandStab, Kaizer, Revolutionary, spats, Xater, lawblob, MooMoo, hirokazu, DMeisterJ, cjtiger300, Dedication Through Light, KenOD, No_Style, DaBuddaDa, gl0w, BLSwagger10, Kung Fu Grip, vilmer_, xKilltheMx, spindashing, phosphor112, Paznos, DenogginizerOS, Zoe, Shalashaska, Majine, LyleLanley, Rebel Leader, gregor7777, FunkyPajamas, Dark Schala, Crewnh, thegreatchamp, maxte, iCon, AniHawk, Lion Heart, Irish, -Pyromaniac-, ZZMitch, Carl, Sadaiyappan, Ericsc, androvsky, CatPee, Vormund, ShortBus, HaRyu, Returners, Purexed, LugNut74, Big Papa Husker, I3rand0, Cosmo Clock 21, tenchir, BackwardsSuggestions, Strider2K99, Akkad, rekameohs, Mercury Fred, How About No, MrTroubleMaker, DrAndonuts
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied, Sword Familiar, Prodigal, V_Ben, BeeDog, PjotrStroganov, Mr_Brit, Neuromancer, Rikyfree, darkjedi187, Ikkarus, iNvidious01, Billychu, Mikey Jr., raebodep, lastinline, Arpharmd B, sn1pes, kinoki, Manticore, offshore, Whogie, jackb2424, notworksafe, WonkyPanda, Mr Pockets, BobTheFork, jsrv, Y2Kev, slayn, Mr.NiceGuy, NMan, theta11, Ark, Averon, Snuggler, Knux-Future, EricHasNoPull, Jo-El, Nekrono, Relix, CenLX615, Kurod
May 5- upJTboogie, CcrooK, TOM f'N CRUISE, Voltron64, Marrshu, JLG-, upJTboogie, Metalmurphy, olimpia84, CadetMahoney, NYR, falconzss, MushroomSamba, Yenrot, Raistlin, vermadas, Hey You, OchreHand, gnat_, Shinriji, HarryDemeanor, RobotsAnger, Vamphuntr, Zerokku, Forkball, Cth, Yoshiya
May 6 - Snack, UberTag, Aselith, StevePharma, Urban Scholar, _dementia, Xiul, ChocolateCupcakes, AnEternalEnigma, Relaxed Muscle, vulva, Family Fry, alr1ghtstart, stupei, S1lent, dangerbyrnes, brollyman2k, Chumly, Xanathus, cnizzle06, JasonMCG
May 7 - Dipindots, pslayer666, Persona7, AlberichMX, Bamelin, nbcjr, Htown, Wolves Evolve, sw33tclyde, JetBlackPanda
May 8 - nny, leroidys, BlueSummers, SoundWave, Hieberrr
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress

May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien, Mr. E. Yis
May 12 - DavieC726, Beer Monkey, Divvy
May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
May 15 - Megadragon15, Jakeh111

May 17 - Winterblink, D4Danger
May 18 - keit4, izakq
May 19 - Mama Robotnik
May 20 - NeededSleep

May 23 - Ryu Hayabusa
May 24 - statham
May 25 - Firest0rm

May 27 - RPG_Fanatic

May 30 - DryEyeRelief, Angelcurio
May 31 - equap
June 1 - Sgt.Pepper
June 2 - SteelAttack

June 6 - DrForester, Hexadecimalt

June 16 - Brannon

June 31 - Lunchbox

July 4 - Krakatoa
July 5 - TigerUppercut

July 7 - nli10

Nov 1 - Net_Wrecker

Nov 11 - vissione

Dec 12 2012 - Combichristoffersen

Dec 21 2012 - Jal

Feb 29 2014(wait a minute...) - larvi

StuBurns

Banned
shagg_187 said:
That said, I HOPE this is only for DRM-ed games like Final Fight, cause that'll show the developers NOT to add shit DRMs.
SF3S Online is either the game I'm most looking forward to, or am never going to buy based on that. I hope Capcom don't screw me.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wario64 said:
But you don't need a PS3 to create an account. I've created accounts through the website only.

My psn account was created on a PSP. That i no longer have, so i hope you can really reset it via mail like they say. I dont think my PS3 is activated with that account since i never did it manually, unless downloading free stuff on PSN automatically activates it.

OR ELSE.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
alr1ghtstart said:

And Warhawk and Socom DD (and possible Ass Creed 2, et. al. that are DD PS3 games)

Wario64 said:
Someone from this week is gonna win the bet!
It's Sony so there's always a chance they could be wrong. Also, I have an extra copy of Serious Sam HD 1 for steam that I'd be willing to give away as a prize.

fernoca

Though the press release says "on the PS3 the account was activated", not "created".

Accounts are not automatically activated by just creating them. You need to either download something or go to the settings and manually choose the option.

Probably a way for them to say that you can't do it through the website, calling, etc. But we'll know for sure this week.

RuGalz

If no PS Store, what good is PS+ going to be? Cloud save? lol. I am guessing the store will be available at the same time those things are redeemable.

Yoshiya

RuGalz said:
If no PS Store, what good is PS+ going to be? Cloud save? lol. I am guessing the store will be available at the same time those things are redeemable.
Perhaps they'll do a soft relaunch of the store just to distribute Welcome Back content with paid services (biggest security concern) launching later. I really don't see the point of free content as compensation if that isn't there immediately to placate people as they're putting up with the hassle of password changes etc.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Regarding PS+, are all PSone classics free or only a select few?

kuYuri

It says Account Management is one of the services restored. Redeem Code is an option under Account Management, so I think online passes presumably is still an option.

fernoca

ULTROS! said:
Regarding PS+, are all PSone classics free or only a select few?
Select few and change every 2 weeks or something like that. The last free PSone games (in the US) were Spyro 3 and Oddworld: Abe's Exodus.

railGUN

Banned
Kagari said:
SEE THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

I'm sorry, I simply assumed that a portion of Sony's user base who, at one time could create and use PSN accounts, and subsequently didn't update their firmware, get absolutely nothing for their id's getting stolen was discussion worthy. I'll stfu now.

StuBurns

Banned
railGUN said:
I'm sorry, I simply assumed that a portion of Sony's user base who, at one time could create and use PSN accounts, and subsequently didn't update their firmware, get absolutely nothing for their id's getting stolen was discussion worthy. I'll stfu now.
They're free to update to access the store and get their free content I'm sure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Well i was closed, the one thing i don´t understand is, can i play online or not, don´t understand if i can or cannot.

Looks like online play will be back up. We don't know exactly if you can redeem online passes like Mortal Kombat.

RuGalz

Yoshiya said:
Perhaps they'll do a soft relaunch of the store just to distribute Welcome Back content with paid services (biggest security concern) launching later. I really don't see the point of free content as compensation if that isn't there immediately to placate people as they're putting up with the hassle of password changes etc.

It already said welcome back content will be rolling out over weeks. I don't see why it's necessary to have it there day 1.

While not that great for most users b/c we have a lot of them already, Sony really should put up a lot of their older first party games for free for this. Not many people are buying Uncharted 1 or Resistance 1 anymore, but it can get people hooked for the future.

Wario64 said:
Looks like online play will be back up. We don't know exactly if you can redeem online passes like Mortal Kombat.

Oh shit, so games that have their own systems may not be playable online, like PORTAL 2 and MORTAL KOMBAT, fuck the 2 games that i wanted to play online hahahahaha fuck........

Yoshiya

RuGalz said:
It already said welcome back content will be rolling out over weeks. I don't see why it's necessary to have it there day 1.
Ah, missed that.

I'm honestly stunned the passwords weren't hashed. It sounds like they were kept in plaintext on the user database. Wtf?

RuGalz

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Oh shit, so games that have their own systems may not be playable online, like PORTAL 2 and MORTAL KOMBAT, fuck the 2 games that i wanted to play online hahahahaha fuck........

I think it will work since outside system has to goes through the similar verification system.

Yoshiya said:
Ah, missed that.

I'm honestly stunned the passwords weren't hashed. It sounds like they were kept in plaintext on the user database. Wtf?

Apparently they were hashed.

Translator seemingly corrected herself.

Makoto

Persona7 said:
i think my identity is worth the cost of Arcana heart 3
Thread over.

But really, the attack originated in San Diego? I thought the word was something going on in Japan?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just remembered that Sega has a free Sonic 2/Streets of Rage 2 promo for PS+ users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom