• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Owners: Any advice for prospective PSP owners?

jiggle said:
Got mine from overlayplus today also. That was some fast shipping.

MF.jpg

It saids mild adhesive used. Should I be worried?

That surprised me as well, i was sure from all the reviews i'd read online that there was no adhesive at all used. Those were all Martin Field PDA protector reviews though so maybe they changed it up for the PSP? Guess in a few weeks we'll see lol, man that's not very reassuring.

overlaymild1.gif

Funny because you'd think there'd be no adhesive used since it's got a line through the circle :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Every Martin Fields screen protector is the same aside from the cut - they all use a mild adhesive, as do most other brands. The key word is mild, though, as it's still mostly relying on static cling.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Marconelly said:
Yes, for three months now. The only time I use the soft case that came with the PSP is when I put in the backpack, but I usually carry in the jacket pocket with no case or anything. I cary it with me to work and back every day, basically. After a brief inspection I just did, I honestly didn't see a single scratch. As for the smudges, when I see them, I just wipe them off with either my sleeve or the finger (yes finger!) I don't think I've even used the bundled cloth yet - again you have to keep in mind that with backlight on, there's pretty much no chance you can see any smudges unless they are really severe, and I'm assuming the same would apply for any miniature scratch.

My only advice when buying PSP is to buy it from somewhere that accepts replacements no questions asked. That way you'll be able to replace it even if you have just one dead pixel.

I like this news. Screw the screen protectors!

BuG

Does the PSP have any sort of calendar/organiser function? Where you can set appointments, etc.? I hate writing my timetable in a diary, over and over for each week, and prefer to just type it in once, set a datespan and be done with it. Is there anything like that in the PSP?

I want a PSP, but I need some digital device to keep track of what I need to do, and at the moment it's either spoil myself and get a PSP or do the sensible thing and just get a phone or something to do that and more. But I don't even want a phone. :(

DMczaf said:
So hows the Overlay Plus protector? Any complaints?

It seems that all of us that bought one won't actually own a unit till thursday lol. I'll be more than happy to let you know then though :D. Whoops forgot about Dsal, maybe he'll let you know after a few more days of use.

Top Bottom