• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP White/Black owners: which one is better?

Snowball

Banned
Now that it is possible to downgrade the 2.00 firmware, I'd like to sell my Black PSP and buy a White one. It should cost me a few bucks.

I'd like to know from the people that have seen or own BOTH the console, which one is better.

Someone told me White rocks. Other people say it is nice but not as good as black ("black is more hitech").

Please let me know. And if you can, include pics. :)
Oh, White one should hide fingerprints better, right?

Thanks!

Snowball

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got both. I thought initially white was cooler because it was different, but after a while I concluded that I still like black more. My reasoning:

- white gives me the cheap vibe GBA 2001 wibe
- in dark or semi-dark lighting conditions, white stands out more distractingly'
- buttons look cheaper
- looks like a cheap iPod knock-off, whereas black PSP was original

I actually sold the white PSP to a colleague at cost, 180e for value pack already

Snowball

Banned
Chittagong said:
Got both. I thought initially white was cooler because it was different, but after a while I concluded that I still like black more. My reasoning:

- white gives me the cheap vibe GBA 2001 wibe
- in dark or semi-dark lighting conditions, white stands out more distractingly'
- buttons look cheaper
- looks like a cheap iPod knock-off, whereas black PSP was original

I actually sold the white PSP to a colleague at cost, 180e for value pack already

You killed my dreams. :'(
Anyway thanks for the quick reply and deep description.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Snowball said:
You killed my dreams. :'(
Anyway thanks for the quick reply and deep description.

Well those were just my preferences... But I must say that there was some charm in having everybody from people in work to cabin crew in planes come and say "WHAT! I've never seen a white PSP before, that's cool!"

mj1108

Snowball said:
I haven't seen BLACK DS for example, but PEAR WHITE is freaking cool.
I own it.

8301864653129408.JPG

Bigfonzie

Whenever i go out all i see is black's! , blacks at the mall, blacks all around my neighborhood, it seems the white ones are beign outnumberd these days, a rare sight to see! I would not be suprised if all the blacks wernt up to no good either, breaking the law! illegal warez and alike! , yup its a sad state of affairs where whites are getting outnumberd by the blacks!

:)
its a joke! ffs

Sho Nuff

Banned
They re-engineered the Square button on the white PSP. I don't think anyone else has been talking about this, but Lik Sang or someone ripped it apart and it is indeed true.

XVI

Sure it's nice that they've fixed the square button. However, not being effected by that I was wondering if it's still hard to get any response when hitting the diagonals on the d-pad? In my caste i have problem with the upper left corner in particular.

Troidal

White.
Fingerprints are extremely less obvious and that's a big plus for me.

I ended up selling my black "1.50" for $200 (that had dead pixels and a nasty hairline scratch inside the LCD since purchase) and got the white one for $230 :-D

i like the whit one they showed at e3 much better. it had the clear face buttons like the black. i want to pick up a second psp and leave my black one at 1.5 but i think ill wait until the white one comes to the states. anyone know if sony is gonna release it over here???

jenov4

If I had to choose just one, I'd go for the white one just because they're harder to find, harder to see the fingerprints and the opaque buttons don't look as bad as I thought it would be.

Plus, being able to downgrade the firmware is another bonus now. :D

White is awesome mostly because it's uncommon.

If the standard PSP had been white, and now the black one were coming out, people would go just as apeshit.

Razoric

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
White is awesome mostly because it's uncommon.

If the standard PSP had been white, and now the black one were coming out, people would go just as apeshit.

this is true

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
After seeing morphix's comparison shots, I have to say that I prefer the black. The black makes the screen seem more brilliant due to contrast. To me, the screen on the white one looks more dim.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Is it me, or do the lower selection of buttons protrude out more on the white PSP model compared with the black one?

Well I am white and own a PSP but I don't it makes me better than a black person who owns a PSP. We are all God's children.

I have a question:

On eBay etc., you can read that the US and Euro PSPs have a inferior screen compared to the Japanese one. Some people claim that the japanese PSPs have a Sharp display and the Euro/US have a Samsung, which is inferior.

Is this true?

quetz67

Banned
TerryLee81 said:
I have a question:

On eBay etc., you can read that the US and Euro PSPs have a inferior screen compared to the Japanese one. Some people claim that the japanese PSPs have a Sharp display and the Euro/US have a Samsung, which is inferior.

Is this true?
I have a pretty early japanese model and I never expirienced that motion blur many complain about. Might be the different screen

Top Bottom