• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSTwo AC adaptor recall

Dear Valued PlayStation® Consumer,

Last fall, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, announced a voluntary recall of certain PlayStation®2 (Model# SCPH-70011 and 70012) AC Adaptors manufactured by Hipro Electronics. (SCEA is resending this email again as a reminder). This recall is being conducted because certain AC Adaptors can overheat and possibly melt posing a potential risk of fire or injury. Our records indicate you may own a console packaged with this type of AC Adaptor (Model #SCPH-70100).

Please immediately inspect your AC Adaptor by first carefully unplugging it from the wall outlet and allowing it to cool before handling. If the AC Adaptor is subject to this recall based on the label, date code and serial number information described below, you should stop using it immediately and contact SCEA for a free replacement Adaptor.

These AC Adaptors were packaged with the SCPH-70011 and SCPH-70012 models of the PlayStation 2 console sold after October 2004. These AC Adaptors have a label on the back of the unit (see attached diagram) that includes the following manufacturer information on the upper portion of the label: "HIPRO ELECTRONICS." The manufacture date code, appears in a white box in the lower right-hand portion of the label, and a serial number beginning with "F3" is followed by a series of digits (see attached diagram). Only these AC Adaptors within a specified date range and with the "F3" serial number, packaged with the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, are included in this replacement program.

If you have one of these AC Adaptors with a manufacture date of "2004.08," "2004.09," "2004.10," "2004.11," or "2004.12," and a serial number beginning with "F3," you will need a replacement. Please visit our website at www.us.playstation.com and look for the link "Safety Notice, PlayStation 2 AC Adaptor Replacement Program", or click here for more information on this program and faster service. You may also call SCEA for further assistance at 1-888-780-7690, Monday-Saturday 6 AM–8 PM PDT, and Sunday 7 AM–6:30 PM PDT.

When you receive the replacement Adaptor, you will be asked to return the recalled AC Adaptor in the reusable shipping carton with a prepaid shipping label that will be provided. IMPORTANT: You will also need to keep the original separate AC power cord to use with the replacement Adaptor. Please do not use your PlayStation 2 while you await a replacement AC Adaptor.

Thank you for your cooperation; and we regret any inconvenience to you and your family.

Sincerely,

SCEA Consumer Service

Only for select models, check your email.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bauerold.jpg

Sho Nuff

Banned
The best part is, I got my replacement power supply, and then two weeks later I got another replacement telling me to throw the previous replacement away. GOOD JOB THAR SONY!@!! :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sho Nuff said:
The best part is, I got my replacement power supply, and then two weeks later I got another replacement telling me to throw the previous replacement away. GOOD JOB THAR SONY!@!! :lol

:lol

Sho Nuff said:

wtf? :lol

the_zombie_luke said:
Thanks for posting this. I haven't registered with Sony yet so I might not have seen this. I checked and I don't need a replacement. :D

YES! Now I don't feel so bad about posting old news.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sho Nuff said:

That is hillarious :lol

Cpl_Cain

Banned
Sho Nuff said:

:lol

WTF?

Top Bottom