• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 100% funded. Thank you video posted.

PaulloDEC

3 million is a really small budget on modern tech. Is this a smaller scope game than the original?

K5Eb.png

All your questions answered.

dLMN8R

GamerGate is amazing at presenting obvious facts that people have known for months, as brand new discoveries that serve as smoking guns for their established opinions.

Tim Schafer being involved in Fig.co is not new information. It's not hidden. In fact, it's the opposite - it was one of the most well-advertised details about Fig.co when it was first introduced last year.

If you think Tim is hiding his involvement in Fig.co, you're a delusional hack.

If you think Tim has manipulated Fig.co to present untrue data in order to secure funding, then you should come right out and say it instead of guarding your language behind passive aggressive bullshit and coded wording.

Sagroth

wait

wait

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait

gamergate is all about bringing games back to their roots.

i mean that is their manifesto (regardless of what they actually think that means).

so now they bitch about a game that brought gaming back to its roots?

Had I to guess, there's two reasons why they like to dump on Broken Age/Double Fine:

1) one of the two protagonists is female(and non-white).

2) Schafer was a pretty vocal critic of GamerGate on twitter, particularly when all the doxxing was going down.

What's unfortunate is that the false narrative perpetuated by gators is still sticking around.

Anyways, glad to see the game funded. The first one was flawed but extremely charming. The design on some of the levels from an aesthetic standpoint was sublime(Black Velvetopia ftw).

Looking forward to seeing it be releases in 2019...maybe early 2020 ^__^ (I have no faith in Doublefine to release in a quick time).

I am actually looking forward to the game though. Loved the first psychonauts.

Spaghetti

But Broken age is already pretty small, and not that ambitious in point and click standards. I mean you can always say " just imagine it smaller!", but what does that mean when the released product with 9x the budget of the original pitch itself turned out very modest?
it means: games are expensive homie

but really, even as someone who didn't like broken age, or hasn't played psychonauts, or doesn't really like tim schafer's solo games outside grim fandango, i'm glad this is happening. i'm happy that other people are happy, and now i'm going to sit on my ass for two/three years and wait for my next crop of crowdfunding games to appear.

Had I to guess, there's two reasons why they like to dump on Broken Age/Double Fine:

1) one of the two protagonists is female(and non-white).

2) Schafer was a pretty vocal critic of GamerGate on twitter, particularly when all the doxxing was going down.

What's unfortunate is that the false narrative perpetuated by gators is still sticking around.

He also mocked them during last year's Game Developer’s Choice Awards (hence the prepared sock), which caused some GamerGaters to accuse him of "hatespeech".

Anyways, glad to see the game funded. The first one was flawed but extremely charming. The design on some of the levels from an aesthetic standpoint was sublime(Black Velvetopia ftw).
I'm personally on a kickstarter diet at the moment (I constributed way too much last year), so I wont be contributing to the this campaign, but I'll definitely pick it up when it is released. Psychonauts 1 is such a charming game, and I hope that the sequel will be able to capture some of that magic.

So happy to see this getting funded. This campaign made me realize how much I actually enjoyed Psychonauts.

Such a charismatic game. I'll replay it before the second one arrives.

gamergaters are somehow convinced that this is coming out in a few months, and that they don't need the money, its just a big scam.

I don't even...

wwm0nkey

gamergaters are somehow convinced that this is coming out in a few months, and that they don't need the money, its just a big scam.

I don't even...

Yeah I was seeing that, I have 0 idea where that few months thing came from and its funny seeing some people take it as fact with nothing there to back it up at all lol

Ultimadrago

Oh, nice! I love Rick and Morty!

I also love that they cut down the Social Media goals a ton just so we could reach them all. lol. Hey, any means to get OG Raz playable is good with me!

ArjanN

I don't even...

I think it's less that they actually believe that, and more they're just trying to spread FUD to rile people up.

Fuz

Banned
Please don't fuck this up, Tim. Please. Please. Please.

I actually liked Broken Age (even with it faults) but...

so now they bitch about a game that brought gaming back to its roots?

It absolutely didn't. Like, at all.
Broken Age is not a small game. It's a 12-15 hour adventure game of similar scope (or bigger) to games like Full Throttle and others.

Full Throttle is so short I often wonder if people played it when they said that Broken Age was too short compared to Lucasarts titles. Broken Age is probably longer than Day of The Tentacle as well, the only really long Schafer game that he made for Lucas is Grim Fandango.

Nope, and it's actually quite short.
Not as much as FT (shortest Lucas game ever), but way more than DotT.

dLMN8R

Top Bottom