• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pulse Elite vs Audeze Maxwell Faceoff

Del_X

Literally says the sound quality of the Maxwell is better. Sound quality and price is decently correlated up into the $800 range with headphones (in my experience). The maxwell also has a better mic and doubles as something you could actually use for work and not look like you came out of a frutiger metro clipart collage.

Zuzu

These are better wireless planar magnetic headphones than both of them 😁

KJVT6KV.jpg

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Why is Elite the winner if the Maxwell has better sound quality ? This is the most important criteria lmao
I had a pair and sent them back. They’re heavy and have strong clamping force. Yeah they sounded great but they gave me a headache if I wore them too long.

Literally says the sound quality of the Maxwell is better. Sound quality and price is decently correlated up into the $800 range with headphones (in my experience). The maxwell also has a better mic and doubles as something you could actually use for work and not look like you came out of a frutiger metro clipart collage.
The Maxwell also has double the battery life. The Xbox version of the Maxwell can also be used wirelessly on Xbox, PS, PC and Mobile.

But for the price the Pulse Elite does seem a great buy.

Zuzu

I have couple Hifiman headphones and generally like them a lot. But $800…., lol.

I have the Hifiman Deva Pros with the wireless amp module. They’re like the baby brothers of the Hifiman Ananda BT in the picture. They’re pretty good and unique since they’re wireless open back headphones. But they’re lacking a lot of the typical features of standard headphones. They don’t even have volume controls lol. Still they sound a lot better than my Airpods Max for music!

StereoVsn

I have the Hifiman Deva Pros with the wireless amp module. They’re like the baby brothers of the Hifiman Ananda BT in the picture. They’re pretty good and unique since they’re wireless open back headphones. But they’re lacking a lot of the typical features of standard headphones. They don’t even have volume controls lol. Still they sound a lot better than my Airpods Max for music!
Yeah, I have Edition Xs and love them as my wired pair. I could see paying say $600 for Ananda BT or maybe $700, but $900… 😅

500gm + on gaming headset is crazy. That alone will rule them out for me.

I have Audeze EL8 that are 450 gms +, it gets noticeable after an hour. Audeze really need to dial down on their build quality for gaming headsets. Weight is important here.

Hibs

500gm + on gaming headset is crazy. That alone will rule them out for me.

I have Audeze EL8 that are 450 gms +, it gets noticeable after an hour. Audeze really need to dial down on their build quality for gaming headsets. Weight is important here.
I went from 560s to these and find them just as comfortable for long periods of time.

Top Bottom