• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Purchased polyester bed sheets last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumRush

Wait, what's going on now? How did "I bought shitty sheets and can't believe they suck" turn into "I never bathe"???

Alebrije

Why do so many people on GAF refuse to bathe

Dry bath is the best

plynova-obalka.jpg

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Wait you can buy sheets made of polyester? Even the cheapest shit sheets you can buy are made of cotton..I have never seen sheets made of polyester...

Who thought that would be a good idea?!

Skux

I wore a polyester shirt once and instantly hated it. Sleeping in the stuff must be a nightmare.

It doesn't absorb moisture so you end up sliding around in your own sweat. Because of that it also never has any friction so you never really settle into a sleeping position.

Ravager61

So OP paid 12 bucks for sheets and expected them to be good?

If you want cheap and comfortable sheets, get jersey sheets.

edit: welp, I missed the shower reply. OP got more problems than being cheap

Ryaaan14

Banned
We bathe twice a week, Monday and Thursday. It's half and half. Wipes in between since we don't do much. I have a computer job but she works with individuals. She works with one lady who only takes baths twice a month.

I wanna put a sample of the air from ur house in a Petri dish to see what I can grow

PBY

Banned
I'm sorry I just can't even comprehend this. OP start showering out of basic decency to your coworkers, thats just fucking foul

Retsudo

I'm sorry I just can't even comprehend this. OP start showering out of basic decency to your coworkers, thats just fucking foul

He says he works from home. But, i bet his neighbours would love to chime in on this thread.

Blergh

PBY

Banned
He says he works from home. But, i bet his neighbours would love to chime in on this thread.

Blergh

Does OP literally do zero exercise? Zero activity that will cause mild exertion?

Also the fact that your weekly shower is scheduled is just baffling.

Guess some people don't mind having hair greasier than a McDonald's french fry.

Also polyester sheets are nasty. A lot of hotels I've stayed at use them. bleh.

While I appreciate that people here are obviously questioning OP's bathing habits, I have a sneaking suspicion that the cleanliness habit is strongly determined by a lack of funds, not necessarily by personal choices. Simply put, everyone might be making fun of a poor person like a bunch of cunts.

.... I feel like I need a shower after reading this thread.

While I appreciate that people here are obviously questioning OP's bathing habits, I have a sneaking suspicion that the cleanliness habit is strongly determined by a lack of funds, not necessarily by personal choices. Simply put, everyone might be making fun of a poor person like a bunch of cunts.

I doubt there are many places where water is more expensive than wet wipes. Soap is pretty cheap, too.

PBY

Banned

He's picking the more expensive option?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Ok, I have to ask the next obvious question for this thread....

How often do you wash your sheets?

painey

I had them in my dorm room at college. In Autumn I would slide off my top bunk, drop down to the floor, and the next metal thing I touched would electrocute the fuck out of me.

entremet

Get a bidet a least, OP.

You are probably flushing more water if your just using wipes. And wipes are terrible for plumbing.

Seriously, OP. Spend a little more on the front end for 100% cotton sheets. Also, the higher the thread count does not always equal better. I believe mine are 250 or 300 but it's supima cotton with a percale weave.

They are nice as fuck and don't get hot.

Starviper

How can you only shower twice a week? I feel disgusting if I don't shower at least every other.. And if I go to the gym or something I gotta shower after.

Idk what your situation is but I get free water through my apartment.. And gym's have free showers as well.

Seriously, OP. Spend a little more on the front end for 100% cotton sheets. Also, the higher the thread count does not always equal better. I believe mine are 250 or 300 but it's supima cotton with a percale weave.

They are nice as fuck and don't get hot.
Maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom