• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Purchased polyester bed sheets last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

ALWAYS invest in a good pair of sheets. ALWAYS. I'd go further and buy a mattress pad to put the sheets on and excellent brand pillows as well.

Marshalls or TJMaxx or Macy's has some great deals on these excellent name brand sheets for nearly half off of the original/online prices.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
heard polyester sheets are very good at holding fart odour inside so, if that's your fetish go for it

While I appreciate that people here are obviously questioning OP's bathing habits, I have a sneaking suspicion that the cleanliness habit is strongly determined by a lack of funds, not necessarily by personal choices. Simply put, everyone might be making fun of a poor person like a bunch of cunts.

Where the hell do you live that water is more expensive than baby wipes?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Egyptian cotton or bust you peasant, good lord.

I've never purchased sheets in my life

The Boat

get FLANNEL SHEETS
also, get a heated blanket

soooo nice

TadkV.gif
Ugh I find flannel sheets super uncomfortable. With a heated blanket combined it sounds like an itchy, sweaty night.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I like when the thread is secretly strapped to a rocket.

Wait, what's going on now? How did "I bought shitty sheets and can't believe they suck" turn into "I never bathe"???

Why do so many people on GAF refuse to bathe

Seriously, if you don't shower, just take a fucking shower. Stop making excuses, it's gross.

that's fucking disgusting

So OP paid 12 bucks for sheets and expected them to be good?

If you want cheap and comfortable sheets, get jersey sheets.

edit: welp, I missed the shower reply. OP got more problems than being cheap

Did not expect this turn of events. I'm chuckling like a fool thanks to you guys.

Y'all are gross, OP. Gross.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Can we please get an explanation for the lack of showering? You stated you are trying to save water, but how can using wipes possibly be cheaper than a 5-minute shower every day? Is there an actual lack of water where you live? Is it rationed?

gaiages

Banned
Wow this thread had an awesome plot twist

10/10 would read again

Also OP why are you ignoring all the bathing questions? It's great that those sheets worked out but 'saving water' doesn't seem like a good excuse when there's so many better options than not bathing, like the navy shower example someone posted. It feels like there's a bigger issue here than sheets.

so what are the best sheets to keep you cool at night?

100% Supima or Pima Cotton. They're essentially the same thing. The thread count isn't the most important thing either. The weave is very important. If you'd like to stay cool I'd recommend a percale weave.

daveo42

Banned
Do they have them in black? I can't have white sheets because I don't bathe.

We bathe twice a week, Monday and Thursday. It's half and half. Wipes in between since we don't do much. I have a computer job but she works with individuals. She works with one lady who only takes baths twice a month.

WHY? You do know water is insanely cheap right in most parts of the world while wet wipes will easily cost you more? Take a 5min shower. If you want to save money, take a cold shower or lower the temperature of your hot water heater. For the love of all that is good, take a shower and clean yourself.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
We bathe twice a week, Monday and Thursday. It's half and half. Wipes in between since we don't do much. I have a computer job but she works with individuals. She works with one lady who only takes baths twice a month.

JESUS CHRIST

wash more often you dirty motherfucker

do you have coworkers? it is a common decency to have good hygience as well as a benefit to your own personal health. you don't have to spend hours in the shower, just a quick wash and scrub. COME ON

Dr.Acula

Banned
We bathe twice a week, Monday and Thursday. It's half and half. Wipes in between since we don't do much.

Do they have them in black? I can't have white sheets because I don't bathe.

If you can't have white sheets because you're staining them too much, then your bathing regimen is clearly not working.

Hell, I've skipped showers in the past, but I've never woken up to discoloured sheets.

Anything under 1000 thread count of Supima cotton will not touch my skin. I'd rather die, or rather, have one of my servants killed.

I go with Supima over Egyptian because I don't trust things that are foreign, except for my servants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom