• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushsquare - Dreams Is Arguably PS4's Most Impressive Exclusive Yet.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I have an interest in designing a game, but don't think I have the time to really put enough into it to make it good. I'd like to see what other's make though. Definitely not a day 1 purchase. Need to give the community time to do their thing, and time for the game to go on discount.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This will only be the case if Sony allows people to publish to PSN directly or makes Dreams F2P. Otherwise it's just going to appeal to creators.

edit: or make it free with PSN subscription since that would be required anyway.

A developer has already said they got permission to make a PSVR game within Dreams. Sony is allowing them to sell it separately on PSN. So that's good.

Whitecrow

Banned
I dont know... I think that after the first 'WOW LOOK EVERYTHING I CAN DO!", people will go to 'yep, it's great', and then 'meh'.

People will get bored when they realize they are spending hours creating something that looks bad instead of playing actual games.
At least on LBP level creation was fairly quick with already built-in visuals. This is in another level of complexity that I dont think it will cater to too many people.

Its like The Order, devs are pushing for their personal ambitions of creating the most amazing game creation tool, instead of players entertainment.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I dont know... I think that after the first 'WOW LOOK EVERYTHING I CAN DO!", people will go to 'yep, it's great', and then 'meh'.

People will get bored when they realize they are spending hours creating something that looks bad instead of playing actual games.
At least on LBP level creation was fairly quick with already built-in visuals. This is in another level of complexity that I dont think it will cater to too many people.

Its like The Order, devs are pushing for their personal ambitions of creating the most amazing game creation tool, instead of players entertainment.

Goodness me. I hope Dreams releases soon so we can see the end of these ill informed, ignorant posts.

scalman

So anything that is made now in beta will go to full game ? Cant wait to try all that what others made and will make with it. I think we will get from this one game more variarity then most full games out there. Small levels could be very good to play just for fun .
So larger games made in Dreams will be sold as separate games and not accesible from game for free?

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So anything that is made now in beta will go to full game ? Cant wait to try all that what others made and will make with it. I think we will get from this one game more variarity then most full games out there. Small levels could be very good to play just for fun .
So larger games made in Dreams will be sold as separate games and not accesible from game for free?

Nearly everything from the beta is going to be playable in the full game. I would imagine copyrighted material and 'mistakes' (posting a square as a game) will be removed. As far as variety goes, NO other game comes close, and remember, this was just the beta, with limited participants and only a month to get used to the tools and produce games, art, music, characters, animation etc. All games are free to play. However, there is talk of allowing people to sell their Dreams creation on PSN eventually.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Im sorry for having a brain that can think.

Next time I will just echo what you wanna hear so you dont get offended.

Jesus Christ.

You are not reflecting on reality. The things you said do not at all represent what actually took place in the beta. The really good games don't look bad nor play bad. They look and play as you would expect from a game. They have menu systems and are put together as professionally as a month would allow. Given three or four months, some of these games would already be PSN worthy and people would pay to play them. For instance, Marbelous has four levels, takes about 45 minutes to an hour to finish and plays like a charm. If the guy making that decides to add even more levels and perhaps a time trial mode, you'd be looking at a three hour game. Dreams is a fully fledged development suite.

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
You are not reflecting on reality. The things you said do not at all represent what actually took place in the beta.

Jesus Christ.
You still atacked me with wrong manners, just because I expressed my opinion with plenty of 'I think's.
If you cant deal with that, you may need a time off of the internet.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You still atacked me with wrong manners, just because I expressed my opinion with plenty of 'I think's.
If you cant deal with that, you may need a time off of the internet.

I can deal with it as you've seen. Just an 'opinion' based on what exactly? Where you in the beta? I highly doubt it from the things you said:

At least on LBP level creation was fairly quick with already built-in visuals. This is in another level of complexity that I dont think it will cater to too many people

The games don't look bad, they play like actual games and if it was 'too complex' you wouldn't have those games that look and play like actual games.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So what if more and more ppl will want to sell their levels/games made in dreams, then its nothing left for us?

Well, this is how I think they should do it. In my opinion, if they don't, then lots of the better creators will hold their creations back:

In order to qualify for PSN:

1: The creator's (or team of creator's) game must hit 100,000 plays and 25,000 likes on Dreams before they can apply for PSN.

2: They must share at least 25% of their assets with the community during the process of creating the game.

3: Games would range from: 3+ hours (£15), 2+ hours (£10) and 1+ hours (£5).

4: The game must have an intro and outro, full menu system and begin/end with credits to MM/Sony + the 'Made In Dreams' logo.

5: Once all stipulation above are met, the creator (or team of creators) then contact Sony/MM to request monetisation and sale on PSN.

6: Once Sony/MM have QCed and play tested the game, their game is either rejected (with suggestion for improvements) or accepted and given the go ahead.

7: After the creator's (or team of creator's) game has been on sale for 1 month, they MUST make the game remixable on Dreams.

G-Bus

Banned
Personally don't care for these types "games" or what ever but I can still acknowledge and see why people are really excited for it.

Might check it out a ways after launch. See what's come of it all. LBP had some incredible stuff later on. I'm sure this will as well.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Personally don't care for these types "games" or what ever but I can still acknowledge and see why people are really excited for it.

Might check it out a ways after launch. See what's come of it all. LBP had some incredible stuff later on. I'm sure this will as well.

Have you checked out the games I posted above?

Saruhashi

Banned

This is pretty much my thoughts too.

People will also get frustrated spending ages creating something that they think is great only to be buried under an avalanche of popular garbage.

OK, it's a more accessible development tool great but we've seen all this before and it ends with "meh".

Looking at a lot of the videos shared I'm thinking it's an app that lets you create your own shovelware. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom