• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Yippie, I got those two and the only one I am missing is Hara-Is which I hope I can farm in the next opportunity. Any tips on how to get 4 specific colours to attack at the same time consistently? Is there specific pattern I should follow?

Just keep practicing. It starts to become second nature.

razterik

Anyone have a Mythlit farming secret? I need sixteen of the damn things and have ten monsters sitting at max waiting for them. I have had no luck in the lower technicals during 1.5x. And I see maybe one drop every 70 stamina in the Friday dungeon. I'm not blowing five stones just for fucking lits...

Limit

Anyone have a Mythlit farming secret? I need sixteen of the damn things and have ten monsters sitting at max waiting for them. I have had no luck in the lower technicals during 1.5x. And I see maybe one drop every 70 stamina in the Friday dungeon. I'm not blowing five stones just for fucking lits...

Whenever I need mythlit I try to farm them at Tower of Nature during weekends. Usually get 4 - 5 while burning 100 stamina. But yeah, I too have found mythlits tougher to acquire than Dub mythlits.

I've actually kind of stopped playing daily dungeons for evo materials and just go playing grindy stuff on weekends. I've gotten trolled by the dailies way too many times.

raiot

Ok, here are the official new Mystic Knight Ultis from the Puzzleanddragonsforum:

CgRSiqC.jpg

3rXTko0.jpg

v2CyP6L.jpg

ADK looks amazing. Verche and CDK less so, but still cool.

Hopefully Homura and Kamui look good, too.

And, also, hopefully they get some nice stat boosts and not just dual colors.

Limit

Really digging CDK's redesign. He is the only one who has retained his scythe weapon in this ultimate evo form. The other two are rocking normal boring swords instead of what they currently have.

Limit

If you look closely, you will see that ADK retains his spear and verche has also his double lance...

Verche currently has a Labrys and a Lance. The double Ls:

232.jpg

All I am seeing in Ultimate Evo Verche's left hand is a sword. Maybe one can argue that it is a variation of a Lance. But he definitely is missing the Labrys.

As for ADK, I always thought that his weapon was a Dragon mouth shaped gun:
231.jpg

And now I can see the same mouth shape in Ultimate Evo ADK's weapon too. The elongation of the mouth now makes his weapon looks less like a long distance weapon and more of a sword. But yes, looks like he is retaining his current weapon.

Zero_IYAD

They all look amazing <3

Kinda out of topic: Anyone facing problems with Google Wallet recently?
I got my new S4 yesterday & last night they suspended my account asking for identification & billing address papers!!
I called them & I really didn't swallow the whole idea of sending them official IDs!
So I'll stay banned forever till I send them the papers they are asking for!
Kinda weird!
Donno what to do :S

raiot

Verche currently has a Labrys and a Lance. The double Ls:

232.jpg

All I am seeing in Ultimate Evo Verche's left hand is a sword. Maybe one can argue that it is a variation of a Lance. But he definitely is missing the Labrys.

As for ADK, I always thought that his weapon was a Dragon mouth shaped gun:
231.jpg

And now I can see the same mouth shape in Ultimate Evo ADK's weapon too. The elongation of the mouth now makes his weapon looks less like a long distance weapon and more of a sword. But yes, looks like he is retaining his current weapon.

I marked the spear with a red marker ;) You can find the same spear on the ADK
lkMCPRR.jpg

You are partially right with verche, but its not a labrys but an halberd, you can see the shaft on his wing in the right corner.
Both Weapons are getting combined on the Ulti Evo:

fUHCpCk.jpg

Radav

I know this is a little late to the thread but over the weekend I was reading how all of you had been doing so well with the Facebook vote event and got the itch to pull. I really wanted a Kirin and a Hades and figured why the hell not. In 5 rolls I got Byakko, AA Luci (these two were doubles) and I picked up a Kirin woooo! So that brings me to yesterday when it just so happens we got the Mystic Light Knight dungeon and I really needed to skill up verche for my Kirin team. Usually these have awful drop rates and I was going in expecting to get very few for my stamina. Well in 10 runs I picked up 14 knights! Did anyone else happen to farm this and get similar results? Or did I hit just hit the freaking jackpot. Almost every time I had a knight appear on floors 1-4 it dropped. It was crazy.

Those ultimate evos for the knights are amazing. Any clue as to what they get from their Ulti?

raiot

I know this is a little late to the thread but over the weekend I was reading how all of you had been doing so well with the Facebook vote event and got the itch to pull. I really wanted a Kirin and a Hades and figured why the hell not. In 5 rolls I got Byakko, AA Luci (these two were doubles) and I picked up a Kirin woooo! So that brings me to yesterday when it just so happens we got the Mystic Light Knight dungeon and I really needed to skill up verche for my Kirin team. Usually these have awful drop rates and I was going in expecting to get very few for my stamina. Well in 10 runs I picked up 14 knights! Did anyone else happen to farm this and get similar results? Or did I hit just hit the freaking jackpot. Almost every time I had a knight appear on floors 1-4 it dropped. It was crazy.

Those ultimate evos for the knights are amazing. Any clue as to what they get from their Ulti?

I got Dark Metatron, Bastet, Horus, Kirin and a doublicate Green Odin in 8 Pulls, but I paid a high Price... My second CDK is at Skill level 2 / 48 feeds! :(
Pray that your lucky verche streak does not fire back on you

Bastet you need to get a grip on your instruments they are out of control

Supposedly her new L.Skill is 2xATK for a 3 combo, 2.5x for 4, and 3x for 5+, which is still pretty bad but at least she can lead for the easier descendeds now. Still gets outclassed by Kushinada-hime in many situations.

Edit: nvm fake

StMeph

If all busties come with a sub element, then, from the graphics, I would guess that the knights are gaining a sub of the same element, since no additional colors are being introduced. Hopefully with a substantial stat increase.

Radav

I got Dark Metatron, Bastet, Horus, Kirin and a doublicate Green Odin in 8 Pulls, but I paid a high Price... My second CDK is at Skill level 2 / 48 feeds! :(
Pray that your lucky verche streak does not fire back on you

Yes, I fully expect the PAD RNG gods to pay me back in full for the crazy amount of knights I got yesterday. 0/14 on skillups would be right about what you'd expect to have happen. Holy crap that's some amazingly nice pulls from the Gold egg machine. I'd trade that for some poor skillup luck any day.

I wonder if they will up the stats of the knights very much. I really hope they do but I kind of expect them just to get the double element and like a minimal stat boost.

raiot

The only thing the knights really need is 1000HP more, but I doubt they will get this much.
I'm fully prepared for 100 more HP and ATK and double element...

Just to review, this is the remaining realistic content we have left before we catch up to Japan pre-6.0:
Japanese gods 2.0
Draggie
Tengu
Athena

I could see us getting the new Japanese gods and two of the remaining descendeds over the next event, IIRC Draggie and Zeus-Dios debuted in the same event in JP. In any case our content parity with Japan is pretty good especially compared to what it was half a year ago.

Just to review, this is the remaining realistic content we have left before we catch up to Japan pre-6.0:
Japanese gods 2.0
Draggie
Tengu
Athena

I could see us getting the new Japanese gods and two of the remaining descendeds over the next event, IIRC Draggie and Zeus-Dios debuted in the same event in JP. In any case our content parity with Japan is pretty good especially compared to what it was half a year ago.

Draggie should be fun (10 cost or less), I have a green team based around an unevolved sylph (features Highlander, maxed earth gaurdian (2600 HP), and the remaining two team members are still being decided (thinking Brachys and Marine Rider).

also could run a Vamp Lord, 4x Dub-mythlit....

Tengu opens things up a little bit (12 cost right?), but that really only opens up Evo'd Demons, Busty Ogres, Keepers (not rainbow) and unevo'd ninja's (Chiyome is my only unevo'd one)

Athena? No clue, gotta focus on Zues Dios first. is AA Luci an option for Athena?

Flambe

Ahhh choices. To focus on emerald dragons for pengdras or Keepers =s

Also haven't killed Rainbow before, better to try Odin/healer team I guess? Or maybe my Light team + a friend's Odin hmm.

Lots of thinking for an easy boss but gotta start somewhere =p

Ahhh choices. To focus on emerald dragons for pengdras or Keepers =s

Also haven't killed Rainbow before, better to try Odin/healer team I guess? Or maybe my Light team + a friend's Odin hmm.

Lots of thinking for an easy boss but gotta start somewhere =p

Personally, don't run daily dungeons (outside thursday) outside of a 2x event. Rainbow isn't a guaranteed drop and the odin/healer/ripper team is quite time consuming.

I'd stick with dragons

Welp, just rolled twice and got a Freyr and
Cupid

Do I try 2 more rolls...

Freyr is not a bad roll at all considering it is not in the carnival. Unless it is a dupe.

You should never expect every pull to be gold (even during godfest) otherwise you are destined for disappointment). Freyr can help you pull out a mono-red team like no ones business, and it is useful on a Goemon team for the Red orb +atk skill

Freyr is not a bad roll at all considering it is not in the carnival. Unless it is a dupe.

You should never expect every pull to be gold (even during godfest) otherwise you are destined for disappointment). Freyr can help you pull out a mono-red team like no ones business, and it is useful on a Goemon team for the Red orb +atk skill

I know Freyr's good, but I've got a pretty decent mono-red team already. I was really hoping for one of those Facebook monsters. And Cupid's always a slap in the face.

I would be more disappointed if my income wasn't almost entirely expendable right now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm so happy I can evo a D/L Hades now. Such a good monster to have.

I'm going to work on Legend Lt. Samurai Dragon. My current team:

Asty/Luci, Hera-Is/Dark Ceres/Echidna/Valk or Zeus

Option if Ruby Dragons come around soon:

Asty/Luci, Hera-Is/Dark Ceres/Hera-Ur/Valk or Zeus

I HATE that I haven't evolved my other Venus to L/D to benefit from Luci. I'm working on her as we speak, but I need more light Pengdras. What's the HP threshold to survive? 40k on Legend? Zeus + Hera-Is brings Samurai to 836k. Luci deals 599k damage. With counter up, that's not too hard to deal with.

I HATE that I haven't evolved my other Venus to L/D to benefit from Luci. I'm working on her as we speak, but I need more light Pengdras. What's the HP threshold to survive? 40k on Legend? Zeus + Hera-Is brings Samurai to 836k. Luci deals 599k damage. With counter up, that's not too hard to deal with.

The 40k on Legend is due to the stage 6 Ninja, which you can one shot with Luci Cannon. The Dragon does not have a preemptive, so you can probably heal no problem.

Samurai dragon is easy as he does not do anything REALLY nasty until 30% and you can Luci Cannon him before that threshold.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The 40k on Legend is due to the stage 6 Ninja, which you can one shot with Luci Cannon. The Dragon does not have a preemptive, so you can probably heal no problem.

Samurai dragon is easy as he does not do anything REALLY nasty until 30% and you can Luci Cannon him before that threshold.

Oh good point. And if I bring Ceres, I can just insta-heal anyways.

I guess the next question is how much of a bitch the OTHER stages on Legend are...

I guess the next question is how much of a bitch the OTHER stages on Legend are...

Dark Ninja Skill-up Ghost can lock your Luci's (and other light monster), so she should always be top priority.

The rest of them can be healed through without issue.

I run Dual Luci's, Maxed Rose Valk, Hera-Is, Hera-ur, and Wind Prodigy Sasuke (no green/dark or light/Dark monsters). HP is 30k+ ATK is ridiculous, and RCV is nice as well.

One of the enemies has a flash bind. Much less of an issue than if you were running Luci/Luci though. So really I think you should be fine. PS it's 45k from Fuma, but you shouldn't have to worry about that with a Luci cannon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for Legend tips guys - I'll give it a romp over lunch.

Is the right multi colour team always stronger than the best mono colour team?

Honestly, yes. Almost always. But the reason is more because of the advent of multi-colored monsters. You can run a mono-dark team with D/L Hades, Hera-Is, Astaroth, Amon, etc etc etc. There are SO many options with mono-multi teams even.

The important thing is really to have a few leader options and build multi-colored monsters around that.

Figures that they'd purposefully hose Kirin, who would otherwise have it easy in Mystery Light Dragon due to the lack of dark orbs. Waves 2 and 5 are 2x Pixie and 1x Ogre, and the Pixies each use pre-emptive "pillage" attacks then bind a random monster on their first turn. Then while you're crippled the Ogre one-shots you.

linsivvi

Figures that they'd purposefully hose Kirin, who would otherwise have it easy in Mystery Light Dragon due to the lack of dark orbs. Waves 2 and 5 are 2x Pixie and 1x Ogre, and the Pixies each use pre-emptive "pillage" attacks then bind a random monster on their first turn. Then while you're crippled the Ogre one-shots you.

Ugh wow, the ogre can cast gravity on you. Nasty.

so that is 2 bound monsters and then Ogre on a two turn timer (or is it one turn)?

Are the ogres dual element or single?

so that is 2 bound monsters and then Ogre on a two turn timer (or is it one turn)?

Are the ogres dual element or single?
Sorry, Cyclops, not ogre. It skills up Apollo. Also looks like I was wrong and the Pixies only do a one-time bind when under 25% health, which on Legend is 3/12 HP. High defense as you might have been able to guess. Pixies are 2 turn, Cyclops is 3 turn.

So a sample strategy would be to ignore the Pixies and manually target the Cyclops down below 50% ASAP, when he uses a "do nothing" type of skill before caving your head in for 30k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom