• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Yeah, I think the bigger problem is this set up appear in both the 2nd and the 5th round. So you only have 1 round to charge skills. To make it worse, one of the random monsters is the unevolved version of the cyclop, which still does the 75% gravity....

Anyway, we won't get this dungeon for a while. Too early to worry about it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hahaha I was worried for nothing. Legend Lt. Samurai was a JOKE with my team.

E: Regarding the Mystery Light Dragon dungeon...Don't forget that awakening skills will play a HUGE role in how to deal with binds, CD charging, etc.

Actually on that note the dungeon seems almost tailor made for Kirin's A.Skills. She gets jammer protection as her second one and blind protection (the boss's pre-emptive) as her third. I haven't fed any of the Eggdras I've accumulated out of indecision, maybe this is a good time to do so...

Kreed

Sub-element and a little extra RCV aside, Hera's basically just as good.

It's Kirin / Horus / Lucifer that have no substitutes.

Actually if you're only talking about Lucifer's active, we have Satan in the US version now and if we ever get the Evo collab, there's also Awoken Shinji & Kaworu.

Actually if you're only talking about Lucifer's active, we have Satan in the US version now and if we ever get the Evo collab, there's also Awoken Shinji & Kaworu.

yeah but the monster himself is not replaceable. You basically can't use Satan on anything but a Geomon team

Satan's active is a lot worse, actually. It's potentially 11.1% stronger, but you can't heal your HP back afterward to do another one, unless you have an instant-heal ability in your team, so it pretty much has to be saved for the very end of a dungeon.

StMeph

It's the whole package.

Sure, the Active is replaceable, but Lucifer's strength is that he can stall forever to charge up his (and everyone else's) Active. Horus is replaceable by Hera-Ur only if you look at Actives, but his Leader skill is unique and incredibly powerful. Kirin's not used for her short-timer Gravity -- there are much stronger Gravity users -- but her Leader skill is even better than Horus's; Gravity is just a sweet bonus on top.

Satan's active is a lot worse, actually. It's potentially 11.1% stronger, but you can't heal your HP back afterward to do another one, unless you have an instant-heal ability in your team, so it pretty much has to be saved for the very end of a dungeon.

Isn't it potentially 50% stronger, with +99 ATK eggs?

Kreed

yeah but the monster himself is not replaceable. You basically can't use Satan on anything but a Geomon team

It's the whole package.

Sure, the Active is replaceable, but Lucifer's strength is that he can stall forever to charge up his (and everyone else's) Active. Horus is replaceable by Hera-Ur only if you look at Actives, but his Leader skill is unique and incredibly powerful. Kirin's not used for her short-timer Gravity -- there are much stronger Gravity users -- but her Leader skill is even better than Horus's; Gravity is just a sweet bonus on top.

Lucifer is definitely unique in regards to his total package vs Satan/the Japanese collab monster or the Noel Dragons, because no other monster has the combination of such a strong attack and leader skill (and Satan's bad rcv means you can't use him on teams where you need to survive/heal damage from hearts). But Horus and Kirin leader skills can't be substituted by any farmable monster.

StMeph

With my Lucifer should i just feed him pretty much any + egg I can find? He's at level 92 and +20.

Yes, but that's an extremely expensive way to do it.

Do it in a more roundabout way to not pay ridiculous sums of gold:

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1069&pid=3027#pid3027
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62188717&postcount=17405

Edit: does updating to iOS 7 still potentially kill PAD? I've held off on the update, but would like to know.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

J0dy77

i picked up 2 in 4 runs....'2x' isn't active though

I've had miserable luck with kings of late. Ran 7 times today without a king.

Lucifer is definitely unique in regards to his total package vs Satan/the Japanese collab monster or the Noel Dragons, because no other monster has the combination of such a strong attack and leader skill (and Satan's bad rcv means you can't use him on teams where you need to survive/heal damage from hearts). But Horus and Kirin leader skills can't be substituted by any farmable monster.

I haven't touched satan since I've gotten him. I really want to use him on my goemon team to avoid heart cascades that wipe runs far too often. However, The only way Goemon works for me is having the ability to charge fireworks. I can't do that with satan until he's maxed and even then it is pushing it. Lucifer would be amazing and the major reason I think he can't be replaced right now.

Yes, but that's an extremely expensive way to do it.

Do it in a more roundabout way to not pay ridiculous sums of gold:

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1069&pid=3027#pid3027
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62188717&postcount=17405

Edit: does updating to iOS 7 still potentially kill PAD? I've held off on the update, but would like to know.

No problems with PAD on iOS 7. I did have to turn off the swipe up for control center though. With it on inside apps i was having to press the bottom menus over and over to get them to register.

ccbfan

Anyone with a High level high + egg Lucifer they can put up?

I wanna try Light War dragon legend with a

Farlio
Hera-Is
Hera
Cu
Enchilada

Team

NEW Endless Corridors

BU-dk8ECYAAoU6r.png:large

it's technical this time

xCobalt

This may be impossible to believe but it seems we're getting two consecutive days of jewel dragons! No metal dragons in between?!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Seriously, whats the drop rate for a mermaid from a siren? I've done this over 200 times, no mermaid yet. I even did it though the 1.5x drop bonus yesterday, still nothing.

Driving me insane.

Has this gone live in JP version? If so, how is the difficulty curve compared to current Endless Corridors?

Not yet.

What HAS gone live as of an hour ago, though, is the Fagan dungeon:
(lol)

Apparently it's 0-stonable with a Meimei team. Sample subs have included a mix of Valk, L/D Hades, Dark Metatron, Parvati, Chaos Venus, and Time Mage.

linsivvi

A fully awakon mono-dark team with Satan and other dark enhance mobs can be quite broken.

srFyK6W.jpg

Supposedly that was 3 rows of 6 dark orbs.

Forget everything I said about a good chance of a new Descended next event
*50,000 Likes Event*
[Duration]: 9/26 (Thu), midnight - 10/3 (Thu), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The team would like to thank our fans (about 50,000 times!) for helping us reach this milestone. We've got lots of fun (and challenging) event Dungeons for both veteran and beginner players alike.

■①Daily Log-in Bonuses
1 Free Magic Stone [9/26 4:00 AM - 10/3]
※Magic Stone will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② 3-days of Poring POWER!!!
Everyone's favorite Skill Up buffet will be available from 9/28 12:00 AM - 9/30 11:59 PM (PDT)

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
9/26 - Dragon Guardian
9/27 - Heroes Descended!
9/28 - Hera-Ur Descended!
9/29 - Sword of Flames
9/30 - Zeus Descended!
10/1 - Scarlet Snake Princess
10/3 - The Goddess Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings)]
2x Drops for special daily Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Tricolor Dungeon (normally just 1.5x)
2x Skill Up rate
King Metal/Jewel Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine

[Godfest info coming soon!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
I don't really need... anything? from Poring Tower anymore so this event's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

What would make a better weekend dungeon tricolor team...

ADK plus ripper dragons

or a mono green team with some the following(Odin, AA Michael, Parvati, adk)

razterik

Biggest surprise is no Pengdra Village listed. You mean GungHo isn't going to run it on both event Thursdays? NO WAY.

Maybe this fairly weak event means they'll hit us up with 6.0 sooner. I have a bunch of random awakening fodder sitting around lately.

weekend dungeon with 2 Isis is a joke
I dont remember how much dmg I was doing with a severely underleveled team but I was one shotting all the masks easily

and I actually like this event
ive been waiting for Valkyrie to add to my healer girl team and poring tower happens to be there as well so she can be max skilled immediately

Amon37

for a low-medium level player like myself those event stuff is great. I need to level/evo my puzzledroid so I can evo my lucifer.

I'm curious if the Mystic Knights will get upgraded leader skills. Though if I had to choose I would go with a bigger stat bump than a slightly better leader skill that I'll still never use. I'm really hope they're stat increase is significant. The new art is cool, but it's not the reason we've been hoping for an ultimate evo.

Forget everything I said about a good chance of a new Descended next event

I don't really need... anything? from Poring Tower anymore so this event's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

same...just waiting on Valk. Luckily at 15k a pop, porings aren't bad for lvling up either.

and I actually like this event
ive been waiting for Valkyrie to add to my healer girl team and poring tower happens to be there as well so she can be max skilled immediately

that's adorable

razterik

Dark Japanese 2.0 god is getting buffed to 4x ATK for 6 combos. No sub restriction 16x with two single turn delay leaders? Gonna eat Horus's lunch.

StMeph

And the Toy Dragon Ultimate forms are getting subtypes.

Oh weird. I thought they already had subtypes with the busty. Guess that wasn't the case.

Dark Japanese 2.0 god is getting buffed to 4x ATK for 6 combos. No sub restriction 16x with two single turn delay leaders? Gonna eat Horus's lunch.

That Leader skill's definitely nice, but I'm not sure that's easier to accomplish than Horus's condition. It DOES make him ridiculously easy to use in Tricolor dungeons like whiskies or weekend though, and probably any other orb-restricted dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom