• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the 3DS demo today (someone I know got it from TGS). Thoughts:

-I can't read Japanese and don't know what the hell I'm doing.
-The character models look like shit because of the 3DS's rubbish screen. It's cool that they're animated, though.
-3D effect looks nice.
-Using the stylus to move orbs around on the bottom screen feels natural.
-However, it took some getting used to that you have to tap an icon to open a window to use your skills.
-It's weird having a character and map to walk around on, like on a real JRPG. The demo map feels like a Pokemon Center, but that shouldn't be surprising.
-In battle, you hardly ever see your "trainer," except between fights, where you get a Dr. Wily's castle style map that she walks on.
-All active skills are stocked on the same turn counter, and different active skills use up different amounts of it.
-Horus got nerfed terribly: his leader skill is now 2.0x attack for 4 colors, and his active is a powerful fire attack (47k damage in the demo, but it can also "miss" and just do 1).
-Ra got nerfed and buffed, too: his leader skill is 3.0x for 5 colors, but his active is now Change the World.
-I think only your front leader gets to use his leader skill. I did a five-color combo with Horus/Ra and only got 2.0x.
-HP and damage are higher. Stats in general seem higher.
-The new monsters look kind of crappy.

razterik

JP now getting triple pantheon godfests (Egyptian/Angel/Archdemon). Why am I surprised each time GungHo goes off the deep end like this...

raiot

All the Knights as a wallpaper!

allknightsrdo9t.jpg

Currently having a small chat about where the new Japanese gods should be placed on the starter mon tier list with the SomethingAwful IRC instead of sleeping. Currently the consensus is something along the lines of:

Ame no Uzume (red)
[L.Skill: 3.5x ATK for all Fire type monsters when HP is full]
[Active: Matched Heart Orbs are 1.5x stronger for 3 turns]
Ranking: Low B tier. Her active is fairly weak and her leader skill is about as good as all the other "when HP is full" ones, which is not particularly. I don't see her used very often on my friends list.

Umisachi & Yamasachi (blue/green)
[L.Skill: 5x to all attacks when Water, Wood, Light, and Dark attack at once]
[Active: All Wood Orbs become Water Orbs. All Heart Orbs become Wood Orbs
Ranking: Below Kirin. Same leader skill except the missing element is Fire instead of Dark. Easier to level up but way worse leader skill for Descended runs.

Kushinada-hime (green)
[L.Skill: After reaching 3 or more combos, all ATK increase by up to 10x (Starting with 1.5x for 3 combos, every +1 combo adds 0.5x, up to 10x for 20 combos)]
[Active: For 1 turn, all damage is reduced by 75%]
Ranking: A tier. While her damage multiplier is less than her equivalents, what makes her so powerful is the scalability. Being able to fine-tune your damage output lets you stall efficiently. A high-utility quick-charging active makes her even useful as a sub.

Izanagi (light)
[L. Skill: 3.5x ATK for all God type monsters when HP is full]
[Active: Attacks from God type monsters are 1.5x stronger for 1 turn]
Ranking: C tier. I joked about making a "Whale Tier" because his skills require a lot of REM subs to be of any use for beginners. People took me seriously because a lot of C tier gods could be more accurately represented like that.

Ookuninushi (dark)
[L. Skill: 3.5x 4.0x ATK when attacking with a 6+ combo]
[Active: 1 turn delay]
Ranking: B tier S tier. He's getting buffed in either 6.0 or 6.1, and will become a Horus with a slightly harder to proc leader skill and no restrictions on team composition. His active is also extremely useful and charges in 11 turns without any skillups.

The current rankings, knowing that these might suddenly be upset when the new busties get released in Japan on the 28th, are:
S Tier: Archangel Lucifer > Horus, Sakuya*, Umisachi & Yamasachi* > Ookuninushi*
"Time to buy some lottery tickets"

A Tier: Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Haku, Isis > Leilan, Karin, "Dark" Metatron, Valkyrie, Kushinada-hime
Solid leaders all the way up until the endgame

B Tier: Meimei, Loki > Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, Archangel Metatron > Parvati, Persephone, Ame no Uzume
Flawed, but still useful in most situations

C Tier: Baal, Bastet, "Blue" Odin, Shiva, Izanagi > "Green" Odin, Neptune
Very narrow or deeply flawed leaders

D Tier: Freyr, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja >>> Apollo, Thor, Lakshmi, Siegfried
"I don't want to reroll anymore"

Savant Tier: Ra > Sakuya*, Umisachi & Yamasachi* > Ookuninushi*
For prodigal puzzle masters only

Jagernaut

0 for 4 on Verche skillups (still at 7 turns), but 3 for 6 on CDK skillups and finally max skilled him. I hope they give CDK a devil subtype for his busty, and give ADK back his balanced subtype,

ccbfan

why in fuck all would you do that when there is a godfest in a few days?

--

17 PAL eggs and not a single jeweled dragon. nice

Well in the PAD forums (and this forum) people were getting better results from this event than Godfest.

Plus its not like God fest means anything when 80 percent of Gods are now barely useful at my stage of the game. (Got a Hermes/Gabriel/Uriel/Odin as my last 4 Gods, used them a total of 0 times)

You need a Kirin/Horus/Lucifer (None of which I have) and that's pretty much it and this event have all three plus the tiger chinese God which is also good.(Japanese 2 Gods though look good. Should have waited for those.)

Radav

Had an exciting start to my PAD day today. Got a +egg and 6 Kings out of 19 rolls. Took my 14 Light Knights and I went 4 for 12 and maxed Verche!!!! Woooo hoo! Now to concentrate on getting Kirin maxed out. Got a Red Noel dragon I'm debating on feeding to her or just to go ahead and give to Hera-Ur like I was planning. So every monster in the game is going to have a busty evo. Where's my Parvati busty!?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had an exciting start to my PAD day today. Got a +egg and 6 Kings out of 19 rolls. Took my 14 Light Knights and I went 4 for 12 and maxed Verche!!!! Woooo hoo! Now to concentrate on getting Kirin maxed out. Got a Red Noel dragon I'm debating on feeding to her or just to go ahead and give to Hera-Ur like I was planning. So every monster in the game is going to have a busty evo. Where's my Parvati busty!?

I'm trying to decide how to level and max my Kirin. I could be patient and wait for gold Pengdras, or I could vomit these 40+ off color Pengdras I have in my box. It's SO painful to do that, though...Especially knowing I could probably near max some other monsters. :|

E: And I have a Lucifer that needs leveling and evolving. Ugh.

StMeph

I'm trying to decide how to level and max my Kirin. I could be patient and wait for gold Pengdras, or I could vomit these 40+ off color Pengdras I have in my box. It's SO painful to do that, though...Especially knowing I could probably near max some other monsters. :|

E: And I have a Lucifer that needs leveling and evolving. Ugh.

I don't think there's much of a choice with light monsters. Just accept it as a built-in XP premium, as selling gold kings is still more efficient than actually using them, which really only leaves light pengdra and moltdras as acceptable same-color fodder.

Radav

Got a fifth stone from today's free one, pulled AA Luci

Daaaamn, congrats! Everyone seems to have done really well with the Facebook REM event overall. I'm itching to try a random pull to see if a Hades pops but I think I should just hold off and save a bunch of stones again.

Jagernaut

Daaaamn, congrats! Everyone seems to have done really well with the Facebook REM event overall. I'm itching to try a random pull to see if a Hades pops but I think I should just hold off and save a bunch of stones again.

I pulled 3 times and didn't get anything good, ccbfan pulled 17! times with no gods. I want a Lucifer but the odds don't seem that good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I pulled 3 times and didn't get anything good, ccbfan pulled 17! times with no gods. I want a Lucifer but the odds don't seem that good.

It's been suggested that the the REM is streaky. I pull in groups of 5. If I don't see anything good in 5 pulls, I wait a bit. If a gold egg pops out, I'll pull 3-5 more times to see if I hit a streak. It sounds silly, but I venture to say a LARGE number of us understand how random numbers aren't really random (and that's why the idea of a streak tends to pan out).

linsivvi

2 golds out of 2 including Haku, but I've been getting terrible drops during regular farming runs since then, so it all balances out.

It's been suggested that the the REM is streaky. I pull in groups of 5. If I don't see anything good in 5 pulls, I wait a bit. If a gold egg pops out, I'll pull 3-5 more times to see if I hit a streak. It sounds silly, but I venture to say a LARGE number of us understand how random numbers aren't really random (and that's why the idea of a streak tends to pan out).

Yep, it's based on a computer algorithm and can be quite flawed, depending on the platform, as some studies have found..

StMeph

Got a fifth stone from today's free one, pulled AA Luci

Congratulations!

Lucifer's the deciding point between my main and alt accounts. One has Horus, and the other has Kirin. Whichever pulls AA Lucifer next will take over as the new main.

All of the good news posts aside, this is really what's to be expected, realistically, from pulling at the REM.

linsivvi

Are we ever going to get the cost limited dungeons? I have been holding off evolving Vampire, Dark Golem and CDK waiting for the dungeons to come.

ZeroAKA

Lucifer's the deciding point between my main and alt accounts. One has Horus, and the other has Kirin. Whichever pulls AA Lucifer next will take over as the new main.
That's what I did too. My Horus account got AA Lucifer during this Carnival of Likes though. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2 golds out of 2 including Haku, but I've been getting terrible drops during regular farming runs since then, so it all balances out.

Yep, it's based on a computer algorithm and can be quite flawed, depending on the platform, as some studies have found..

It's definitely frustrating that this is the case, ha.

Unrelated, I have an account that has Luci and Hades on it. It was going to be my spare account (I have it on my iPad), but I don't think I'm ever going to use it. I may consider giving it away to someone if they're actually going to play it. I don't want to give it to someone who is only going to play for a few weeks and drop it.

StMeph

Where is my Susano, Vamp and RGG Busty? Let's get on it Gungho.

Duke Vamp and RGG have such dramatic stat gains from their final evolutions that I can't imagine any further buff to their statlines with an ultimate evolution. A sub-element would be welcome, though.

And maybe a shakeup with their Leader skills.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ugh I need 1 more Dragon Fruit to ulti my Droid and i'm just getting gungtrolled hard.

It's definitely frustrating that this is the case, ha.

Unrelated, I have an account that has Luci and Hades on it. It was going to be my spare account (I have it on my iPad), but I don't think I'm ever going to use it. I may consider giving it away to someone if they're actually going to play it. I don't want to give it to someone who is only going to play for a few weeks and drop it.
i would totally play that on my tablet while still playing my main on here. up to you, but id totally switch for an awesome monster to a different account.

J0dy77

I think Homura looks the best, by a longshot (which is good because right now he looks by far the worst).

You forgetting about the current state of Fenrir? lMy eyes hurt just thinking about him. lol

And what did they do to Verche, he was my favorite of the current set. Sad to see him change.

Nope. Nope nope nope. Glad everyone else has had some good pulls, but mine have been crap. The RNG gives, and the RNG takes away.

So many people are getting AA Lucifer from this event. :eek:

AA Luci Nerf Confirmed for 7.0...
(Joking)

Seriously though, He is incredibly useful until they come up with counterattacking enemies.

AA Luci and Dark Ceres or Dark Venus is incredible. I am tempted to level up a moondark Carbuncle just to get in some of that action. Two morningstars in one turn seems incredible.

Ashodin

AA Luci Nerf Confirmed for 7.0...
(Joking)

Seriously though, He is incredibly useful until they come up with counterattacking enemies.

AA Luci and Dark Ceres or Dark Venus is incredible. I am tempted to level up a moondark Carbuncle just to get in some of that action. Two morningstars in one turn seems incredible.

I have both Ceres and Venus ready for evo. Which should I go for? Light or Dark?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have both Ceres and Venus ready for evo. Which should I go for? Light or Dark?

Dark Ceres for sure.

Venus, I did Light for my first one (because she sits so well on a Valk team). I'll do Dark for my second, but it's not a priority. Venus number 2 is still in first form at level 40-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom