• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

I had 3 poor rolls a few days ago but was inspired to try the carnival of likes again just now. I made 3 pulls:

Haku
Phoenix Knight
Lucifer! - I was gungtrolled in every godfest with Angels. I did not even get any of the other Angels, but I finally got Lucifer.

I won't pull again for a while since I already have a Horus.

Edit. I shut down the app and opened it again after I pulled the Phoenix Knight.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hot damn - SO much Luci going around!

Also, 2x kings are awesome. Luci is at 50, ready to evo (I need a yellow mythlit, da fuq did they all go?). Hades is also at 50 ready to evo (I hate wasting stam on the rainbow sperm, but I gotta do what I gotta do).

From there, I'm going to horde as many kings as I can to puke levels into both of them tomorrow.

Also, Godfest was announced (not sure if you all saw).

For Size said:
god1.jpg

E: Note that this may not be US. Chances are that it IS for the US, but...Well, we could get trolled with a Rider/Knight fest. lololol

Zero_IYAD

Thanks everyone :")
Am thankful to everyone here for their constant help, I still remember the 1st time I wrote here having nothing but a max levelled Plesios & Brachys, everyone kept telling me to reroll from zero.
& here I am with an arsenal of gods, Lucifer & Hades :"D
Hot damn - SO much Luci going around!

Also, 2x kings are awesome. Luci is at 50, ready to evo (I need a yellow mythlit, da fuq did they all go?). Hades is also at 50 ready to evo (I hate wasting stam on the rainbow sperm, but I gotta do what I gotta do).

From there, I'm going to horde as many kings as I can to puke levels into both of them tomorrow.

Also, Godfest was announced (not sure if you all saw).

god1.jpg
Knowing my luck am pretty much sure if I pushed my 1 pull for this godfest I'd end up with a Fallen Angel Lucifer.. SOOOOOO GLAD I did this last pull just now T_T

Kreed

OMG OMG OMG
Am in tears T___T
Am sooo glad I decided to make this pull

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec375622882082dd46e47b0544ced2d2/tumblr_mtqtu68PSN1srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And here's an example of why you don't always have to "reroll" if you don't have a good box of monsters initially. You can stick it out with this game and get good stuff later without throwing a bunch of money at it.

Congrats Zero_IYAD!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just started playing this past week. I think I just hit level 22. I have in my monster box:

Cupid (lvl 25)
Vampire (lvl 22)
Sylph (lvl 11)
Hatxume no Tsubone (lvl 5)
Tyrannos (lvl 11)
Red Dragon (lvl 1)
Ice Ogre (lvl 11)
Pteras (lvl 1)
Lucifer (lvl 30)

Can anyone tell me what the most efficient method of leveling up my monsters? Should I farm carbuncles, level them up with feeder monsters and then feed them to my "top" monsters? Which of these are worth keeping and leveling up? Are any of those trash that I should chunk?

Thanks!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
you assholes are going to make me spend my last 5 rolling aren't you?

edit : decent fest, maybe i'll see how it goes.

edit 2 : *pull*....Haku?

Haku is great. She's been used to clear some super tough content. I love mine.

Just started playing this past week. I think I just hit level 22. I have in my monster box:

Cupid (lvl 25)
Vampire (lvl 22)
Sylph (lvl 11)
Hatxume no Tsubone (lvl 5)
Tyrannos (lvl 11)
Red Dragon (lvl 1)
Ice Ogre (lvl 11)
Pteras (lvl 1)
Lucifer (lvl 30)

Can anyone tell me what the most efficient method of leveling up my monsters? Should I farm carbuncles, level them up with feeder monsters and then feed them to my "top" monsters? Which of these are worth keeping and leveling up? Are any of those trash that I should chunk?

Thanks!

First step would be to get to Tower of Giants and farm during 1/2 stam. Lots of levels quick (for your main rank which means more team cost allowance).

Lucifer is fantastic - outside of Kirin and Horus, he's the best monster in the entire game to have.

But right now, if you can clear the metal dragon dungeons that pop up 3-4 times a day, there are high chances of King Metals. 75k XP when fed to the same color monster. Otherwise, I do exactly what you said - I feed low level stuff to devils/carbs/whatever. The biggest thing to remember is that you want to feed such that the XP gained >= gold cost.

E: And Vampire. Level and evolve him, too. He's a VERY strong sub, especially when you eventually max his skill. Red Dragon is also great. "Back in the day", ripper dragons were amazing early on. They're still pretty great when paired with an ADK, but things have changed so much that most people don't even bother with them. I still keep my full team of rippers around just in case I need/want them later.

tl;dr - level Lucifer, Vampire, and Red Dragon. Those are your first priority right now.

mre

First step would be to get to Tower of Giants and farm during 1/2 stam. Lots of levels quick (for your main rank which means more team cost allowance).

Lucifer is fantastic - outside of Kirin and Horus, he's the best monster in the entire game to have.

But right now, if you can clear the metal dragon dungeons that pop up 3-4 times a day, there are high chances of King Metals. 75k XP when fed to the same color monster. Otherwise, I do exactly what you said - I feed low level stuff to devils/carbs/whatever. The biggest thing to remember is that you want to feed such that the XP gained >= gold cost.

Thanks for the tip. When does those 1/2 stam events run? I'm on Sea Cave Mercury right now.

What are the metal dragon dungeons called? I don't have any dungeon like that showing up under my special dungeons right now.

I've played with lucifer as a guest, but I've not been able to work him into my lineup yet because his cost is way too high. Is there any particular order that I should focus on leveling up my monsters?

Edit:
E: And Vampire. Level and evolve him, too. He's a VERY strong sub, especially when you eventually max his skill. Red Dragon is also great. "Back in the day", ripper dragons were amazing early on. They're still pretty great when paired with an ADK, but things have changed so much that most people don't even bother with them. I still keep my full team of rippers around just in case I need/want them later.

tl;dr - level Lucifer, Vampire, and Red Dragon. Those are your first priority right now.
Saw your edit. Thanks! What's ADK?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really? how? What team and what'd you pair her with?

Not sure she could replace Ra as my go-to descended dungeon beater

Ra is a better choice, sure. But in some cases, Haku can be fantastic. Here's 2 screen grabs from Haku Zeus clears.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s843x403/1237003_10151886680072419_606254085_n.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1239555_10151653180621769_225349382_n.jpg

Thanks for the tip. When does those 1/2 stam events run? I'm on Sea Cave Mercury right now.

What are the metal dragon dungeons called? I don't have any dungeon like that showing up under my special dungeons right now.

I've played with lucifer as a guest, but I've not been able to work him into my lineup yet because his cost is way too high. Is there any particular order that I should focus on leveling up my monsters?

Edit:

Saw your edit. Thanks! What's ADK?

This is why we need the new OT.
I kid...Although I'd be more than willing to start it if Cosmo isn't going to anytime soon, haha.

First, ADK, or Ancient Dragon Knight. The special dungeon going on today (Dragon Guardian) has a chance to drop Mystic Stone Knight. In his final form (ADK), he gives 2.5x attack to all dragon monsters. If you and your partner are running ADK, that's 6.25x attack. That team is what a LOT of people used to run. It's not nearly as crazy as the 16x, 20x, 25x, and even 100x you CAN get now, but it's a pretty mindless team that can deal great early damage.

PDX is a great site that most of us use to follow the current dungeons, events, etc. There's also a great app on iOS called PadGuide that allows you to set timers for various special dungeons (including when a dungeon goes 1.5x drop, 1/2 stam, 2x coins). I set mine everyday for whatever Metal Dragon comes up. The Metals are based off of your ID. Here's a calculator if you haven't found the guides to manually do it. Depending on your group ID, PDX or PadGuide have times associated with when the dungeons pop up.

And Luci is a high cost monster. That's why you'll want to farm the HELL out of Tower of Giants on the weekend (the 1/2 stam time is all weekend). I think you can play indefinitely up to rank 70 or 90 or something like that? It's crazy. The XP/stam is so high that you'll level before you ever run out of stamina at low ranks. Doing that is one of the first things new players need to do - higher rank = higher team cost = much more potential.

Radav

Haku definitely has some amazing potential for damage. I wanna try Valkyrie Mythical with Haku - Echidna - Hera - Hera Is - Hera Ur - Haku and see if I can knock her out in 2 or 3 moves.

At this point if anybody wants to take over OT2 duties they are more than welcome to, lol.

I don't think this carnival has necessarily had better rates than any of the old ones, just that the "hits" in the Carnival of Likes is so much better than like an Undine or Leviathan during a Water Carnival.

mre

RFirst, ADK, or Ancient Dragon Knight. The special dungeon going on today (Dragon Guardian) has a chance to drop Mystic Stone Knight. In his final form (ADK), he gives 2.5x attack to all dragon monsters. If you and your partner are running ADK, that's 6.25x attack. That team is what a LOT of people used to run. It's not nearly as crazy as the 16x, 20x, 25x, and even 100x you CAN get now, but it's a pretty mindless team that can deal great early damage.

PDX is a great site that most of us use to follow the current dungeons, events, etc. There's also a great app on iOS called PadGuide that allows you to set timers for various special dungeons (including when a dungeon goes 1.5x drop, 1/2 stam, 2x coins). I set mine everyday for whatever Metal Dragon comes up. The Metals are based off of your ID. Here's a calculator if you haven't found the guides to manually do it. Depending on your group ID, PDX or PadGuide have times associated with when the dungeons pop up.

And Luci is a high cost monster. That's why you'll want to farm the HELL out of Tower of Giants on the weekend (the 1/2 stam time is all weekend). I think you can play indefinitely up to rank 70 or 90 or something like that? It's crazy. The XP/stam is so high that you'll level before you ever run out of stamina at low ranks. Doing that is one of the first things new players need to do - higher rank = higher team cost = much more potential.
Excellent. Thanks!

Genji

Just started playing last week, with some guidance from others. Currently rank 40 and on the Polar Night Tower, which I only attempt if I can get a strong healer helper. Here's what I have so far:

Horus (lvl 30)
Tyrannos (lvl 12)
Tyrannos (lvl 28)

Shardra (lvl 9)
Blue Dragon (lvl 23)
Frost Demon (lvl 24)
Frost Demon (lvl 18)

Wind Prodigy Sasuke (lvl 33)
Puzzdroid (lvl 34)

Pierdrawn (lvl 30)
D'spinas (lvl 33)

Various 2-3 star colored balanced/attackers that I plug in if I'm missing a color I need.

Also have a bunch of evo material, some pengdras (green) and king dragons (metal) that I'm not 100% sure if I should use now, or save them. Have been trying to go with mostly attack teams paired with Sasuke, but reading here it sounds like I should be using Horus instead. Any advice would be appreciated!

At this point if anybody wants to take over OT2 duties they are more than welcome to, lol.

I don't think this carnival has necessarily had better rates than any of the old ones, just that the "hits" in the Carnival of Likes is so much better than like an Undine or Leviathan during a Water Carnival.

See my spoiler? ;)

I'd be more than happy to (with the help of a few others).

yes. crowdsource the OT2. I'm sure most of us would have no issues giving some input. I think mostly we can use stuff from OT1 and tweak the tiers + adding newer content stuff.

So.... Dark/Dark Hades or Dark/Light?

my vote is for D/D to get the 60% dark resist. Only sub that has it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just started playing last week, with some guidance from others. Currently rank 40 and on the Polar Night Tower, which I only attempt if I can get a strong healer helper. Here's what I have so far:

Horus (lvl 30)
Tyrannos (lvl 12)
Tyrannos (lvl 28)

Shardra (lvl 9)
Blue Dragon (lvl 23)
Frost Demon (lvl 24)
Frost Demon (lvl 18)

Wind Prodigy Sasuke (lvl 33)
Puzzdroid (lvl 34)

Pierdrawn (lvl 30)
D'spinas (lvl 33)

Various 2-3 star colored balanced/attackers that I plug in if I'm missing a color I need.

Also have a bunch of evo material, some pengdras (green) and king dragons (metal) that I'm not 100% sure if I should use now, or save them. Have been trying to go with mostly attack teams paired with Sasuke, but reading here it sounds like I should be using Horus instead. Any advice would be appreciated!

Horus is your man. Get good with him. Also, D'spinas is a really nice leader paired with a friend's Luci. Pierdrawn used to be a joke monster, but when you busty him, he's a fine sub on a dark team (and not a terrible lead on a resist team).

Puzzdroid needs to be evolved. You don't have a Shiva, so having a defense break available is SO clutch in some situations. Farming masks and Friday dungeon for one! See my posts above as to why Blue Dragon is important. Shardra eventually becomes Megalodran (sp?) who, while not very useful, does have a good heart generator skill. Until you get a Mermaid (and eventually a Siren), he'll do fine.

Put a team together of Horus/Horus + Blue Dragon/Sasuke/Pierdrawn or D'spinas/any light monster. That covers all of your colors.

You MIGHT try farming the Dragon Guardian to get at least one Mystic Stone Knight. Also as I stated above, getting one now is a) the "easiest" time to get one and b) worth having, especially with all of the knights getting busty evolutions.

yes. crowdsource the OT2. I'm sure most of us would have no issues giving some input. I think mostly we can use stuff from OT1 and tweak the tiers + adding newer content stuff.

my vote is for D/D to get the 60% dark resist. Only sub that has it

I'll put a PSA up for info to get the 2nd OT up.

Also, I TOTALLY forgot about the 60% dark resist. If a resist team is in order, D/D is the better option. For damage/sub use, I still vote D/L.

Genji

Horus is your man. Get good with him. Also, D'spinas is a really nice leader paired with a friend's Luci. Pierdrawn used to be a joke monster, but when you busty him, he's a fine sub on a dark team (and not a terrible lead on a resist team).

Puzzdroid needs to be evolved. You don't have a Shiva, so having a defense break available is SO clutch in some situations. Farming masks and Friday dungeon for one! See my posts above as to why Blue Dragon is important. Shardra eventually becomes Megalodran (sp?) who, while not very useful, does have a good heart generator skill. Until you get a Mermaid (and eventually a Siren), he'll do fine.

Put a team together of Horus/Horus + Blue Dragon/Sasuke/Pierdrawn or D'spinas/any light monster. That covers all of your colors.

You MIGHT try farming the Dragon Guardian to get at least one Mystic Stone Knight. Also as I stated above, getting one now is a) the "easiest" time to get one and b) worth having, especially with all of the knights getting busty evolutions.

Awesome reply, exactly what I was looking for! I got Sasuke as my first pull so got used to using him, but will get started on using Horus immediately and also working to evolve the guys you singled out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome reply, exactly what I was looking for! I got Sasuke as my first pull so got used to using him, but will get started on using Horus immediately and also working to evolve the guys you singled out.

Glad to help. Horus/Horus is 16x damage. Even with poo monsters, that adds up VERY quick. You figure you match 3 on 4~1000 ATK monsters (not including weakness or combo bonus), and you're doing around 64k damage. Once your monsters are stronger, you're matching 4 orbs, hitting 7+ combos...The damage is silly. Once you get really comfortable with matching (and get a Verche), you can pair with Kirin for 20x combos.

With the addition of the Endless Corridor, you can now practice Horus with no risk of stamina. I use it to practice Horus and Kirin still (can never practice orb matching enough). I've been trying to learn #onetruegod, too...But that's another story.

Glad to help. Horus/Horus is 16x damage. Even with poo monsters, that adds up VERY quick. You figure you match 3 on 4~1000 ATK monsters (not including weakness or combo bonus), and you're doing around 64k damage. Once your monsters are stronger, you're matching 4 orbs, hitting 7+ combos...The damage is silly. Once you get really comfortable with matching (and get a Verche), you can pair with Kirin for 20x combos.

With the addition of the Endless Corridor, you can now practice Horus with no risk of stamina. I use it to practice Horus and Kirin still (can never practice orb matching enough). I've been trying to learn #onetruegod, too...But that's another story.

also, dual element monsters are sick in burst damage teams.

lenni

2Pulls
1.Flame Golem.
2.Berseker

I recently saved stones for a good God fest (like the one that is most likely coming up next...) and had 4 pulls when the carnival started. Thought I might at least get one good thing, but got:
Genie
Drall
2 Knights (even forgot which ones)

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed seeing what the next event will most likely be and I'll only have 5 stones for that :(

ccbfan

I think I'm gonna wait for Japanese 2 God before I press my luck again. 3 of those and Kirin and Horus, I want more than any other Gods.

My main problem in this game right now is a really really need a skill based spike God.

Originally I really really really wanted Lucifer but at this point does whats really the point?

Lucifer's great at the start but at this point, its a nice to have but not a must have.

Every level that Lucifer easily wins I can easily complete. I can no stone every weekly dragon/Collab we've had. I can no stone Hera, Hera-Is, Hera-Ur, Goemon, Heroes. The only descend where I have some trouble with that Lucifer instawins is Valk and I already have two valks.

The ones that I have trouble with or will have trouble with are all anti Lucifer so even having a Lucifer won't help as much.

Spike teams are definitely the way to go now. Especially with the new awoken skills which makes a good spike team 2-3 time more powerful than now. (Pretty stupid how bad the defense innates are. I mean a multiplier of 2% damage reduction? WTF.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I'm gonna wait for Japanese 2 God before I press my luck again. 3 of those and Kirin and Horus, I want more than any other Gods.

My main problem in this game right now is a really really need a skill based spike God.

Originally I really really really wanted Lucifer but at this point does whats really the point?

Lucifer's great at the start but at this point, its a nice to have but not a must have.

Every level that Lucifer easily wins I can easily complete. I can no stone every weekly dragon/Collab we've had. I can no stone Hera, Hera-Is, Hera-Ur, Goemon, Heroes. The only descend where I have some trouble with that Lucifer instawins is Valk and I already have two valks.

The ones that I have trouble with or will have trouble with are all anti Lucifer so even having a Lucifer won't help as much.

Spike teams are definitely the way to go now. Especially with the new awoken skills which makes a good spike team 2-3 time more powerful than now. (Pretty stupid how bad the defense innates are. I mean a multiplier of 2% damage reduction? WTF.)

2-3 times, really? That's insane. And the damage reduction defense passives really are questionable at best. SO poorly thought out.

ccbfan

2-3 times, really? That's insane. And the damage reduction defense passives really are questionable at best. SO poorly thought out.

Well not single skills but the increase 10% damage for color with straight row and the +orbs will probably drastically increase damage. Combined you're talking about 2-3 times more damage.

One example is a goemon team. If a Goemon team has a Freyr sub its active skill will do 2.6 (1.1^10) times more damage from a Freyr alone.

There's already talk of a ridicules Satan/metaron teams that have some crazy multipliers.

Wanchan

Not sure if the 2% is real or not but yeah wtf...like Horus, worse awoken skills ever. ;( then again Isis is one of the best awoken blue sub, 20% chance to drop an enhance red/blue/green drop is HUGE for any burst team.

Well here's my box. Never bought a single stone. Everything but my Lucifer is extremely under leveled. I'm working on a Tricolor dungeon team. Mostly for weekend dungeons cause I need money for my Mono Dark team. Not sure if I should work on a Mono Green team or ADK team for tri color.

Damn! Even more people rolling AA Luci! I've given up. Best I rolled was another Horus that I'll put in storage until we get Awakening Skills released in the US. I'm just gonna hoard all the free stones I can get until we get the next set of gods.

Hrmph.

Tobe

so i just started playing and shit is fun. but i still dont know how to level how to fuse correctly, what i mean by correctly is getting the best usage of coins and monsters.

ive rolled a knight on the magic stone thing and i think it wasnt worth it. on the pal machine i got a "super rare" dont knw what to do with it.

heres my box and my team any suggestions?

J0dy77

so i just started playing and shit is fun. but i still dont know how to level how to fuse correctly, what i mean by correctly is getting the best usage of coins and monsters.

ive rolled a knight on the magic stone thing and i think it wasnt worth it. on the pal machine i got a "super rare" dont knw what to do with it.

Best suggestion would be to start over with the current carnival going on and the Godfest set for this weekend. Try and get a better starting monster.

J0dy77

Anyone try the latest PAD clone "battle camp". Hate the art design but there appears to be guilds and pvp. Not sure how that works.

massoluk

Banned
Oh Jesus h Christ, Gungho. I just want 5 Dragon fruits. I spent my stamina on nothing but Thursday dungeon today, ONE FREAKING FRUIT and 4 dozens plants I don't need. Gungtrolled indeed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
One more Metal Dragon run left this evening...I've got 24 Kings and 15 Highs saved for my Luci when I evolve him tomorrow. I need a total of 54 Kings to max him. Hopefully I can get the rest during my final run.

you are all lucky SOBs and i hate you. :'( I pulled three times and got mystic fire knight, another vAmpire which didn't skill up, and a shaitan. I guess I can just hope it gets good stats out of its busty. :-'(

Ducarmel

please read some of the guides and tips on the unofficial forum

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

I wish I knew half that information when I started playing this almost 2 months ago I barely read the op of this thread and just started playing without reading more about the game, it was big mistake.

Knowing what I know now about the game I realized I wasted a lot of time and even feed away essential monsters I got early in the game and wishing I still had them today.

Tobe

please read some of the guides and tips on the unofficial forum

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

I wish I knew half that information when I started playing this almost 2 months ago I barely read the op of this thread and just started playing without reading more about the game, it was big mistake.

Knowing what I know now about the game I realized I wasted a lot of time and even feed away essential monsters I got early in the game and wishing I still had them today.
ty will do then. ill read it but do i restart anyways?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ty will do then. ill read it but do i restart anyways?

I would suggest it. If you're diligent, you can probably get lucky and get a Horus or Luci tonight. Otherwise, once the Godfest starts, you'll have a good chance at one of them as well.

E: Cosmo - once you've copied your work to a Google Doc, PM me.

I've got the droid all the way up to ulti evo, what's a good way of tackling legend on the ancient water dragon?

So far I either use a vampire lord plus Luci team with two rainbow keepers and echidna as sub or a mono red team with a busty starter and an Ares with a sub noel, gigas max skilled, pyro demon skill 18, and echidna lv 0 skill.

I could also do an Odin plus max evolved siren but she's only level 13.
mymOjl0.jpg

Xz6cH16.jpg

Kreed

Thank you for supporting me since day one :)

Yup

After your run of good luck and everyone else's I decided to pull a few times in hopes for Neptune or Hades.

1) Fortoytops
2) Naga
3) Archangel Lucifer

...And with that, I'm retiring from the Rare Egg Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom