• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Protip:
266.png
+
266.png
>
266.png
x3

What am I missing here?

massoluk

Banned
Good news: Getting 6* Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran from good old dungeon crawling
Bad news: Can't use 6* Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran because it costs 50 while my team total cost is 49.

:\

ParityBit

I am finding that my 5* Amu is not a great healer ... especially when dealing with higher up dungeons (I am on the first level of the Castle of Satan). I can not heal nearly fast enough to deal with getting hit, so I end up ALWAYS needing another healer or the one Green Odin on my friends list.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

ToxicAdam

I think he's referring to the fact that if you feed the one chimera to the other, the XP is better than 3 chimera. But I'm not sure if that's true in this case?

One thing that is for sure is that using a third chimera to level up a Pendga is a waste. Better off to use some PAL fodder instead.

Jinko

Protip:
266.png
+
266.png
>
266.png
x3

Ahh good to know.

I -think- you keep your level but I haven't actually done an ultimate evo yet.

Yea you keep your level, evolve and gain the XP from the monsters.

I am finding that my 5* Amu is not a great healer ... especially when dealing with higher up dungeons (I am on the first level of the Castle of Satan). I can not heal nearly fast enough to deal with getting hit, so I end up ALWAYS needing another healer or the one Green Odin on my friends list.

Evolve her :)

She is a really poor healer at 5 stars.

Evilshadow

Neo Member
I think he's referring to the fact that if you feed the one chimera to the other, the XP is better than 3 chimera. But I'm not sure if that's true in this case?

Actually you just need to feed 1 chimera to another and thats all you need to get your pengdra to the max lvl.

The important thing to realize with Ammy is that her 5* leader skill only heals 1x her RCV (worse than Rondo of Healing which is 3x) while her 6* version heals 5x. Hence, the Magikarp nickname. Until she evolves (and maybe even for a small while after since her RCV growth rate is a little screwy) she has better utility as a party member than a party leader.

ParityBit

What are you running?

The important thing to realize with Ammy is that her 5* leader skill only heals 1x her RCV (worse than Rondo of Healing which is 3x) while her 6* version heals 5x. Hence, the Magikarp nickname. Until she evolves (and maybe even for a small while after since her RCV growth rate is a little screwy) she has better utility as a party member than a party leader.

My Starters:
  • Amaterasu (39)
  • Tyrannos (Max)
  • Marine Rider (20)
  • Toyceratops (15)
  • Devil Dragon (42)

In the bullpen:
  • Plesios (16)
  • Green Dragon (8)
  • Aqua Knight (16)
  • Aqua Knight (14)
  • White Knight (22)

Selner

Hello!
Based on readin this thread I went and picked up this crazy game. Now I wonder where all my free time went....

I am mostly confused by lots of things, but I've worked my way through some of the beginning dungeons and am at the Tower of Trials now.

I don't think my first two Rare pulls were all that great, I got a Naga and some little red dragon (Drally or something?).

Getting better at making multiple matches in one move, and trying to farm little guys to feed to my big guys.

I put @GAF on the end of my name, as I think the OP suggested that. I will check for the ID number and post that later.

Draxal

My Starters:
  • Amaterasu (39)
  • Tyrannos (Max)
  • Marine Rider (20)
  • Toyceratops (15)
  • Devil Dragon (42)

In the bullpen:
  • Plesios (16)
  • Green Dragon (8)
  • Aqua Knight (16)
  • Aqua Knight (14)
  • White Knight (22)

I'd go Devil Dragon (for Castle of Satan) for a leader and use a healer friend.

Jinko

My Starters:
  • Amaterasu (39)
  • Tyrannos (Max)
  • Marine Rider (20)
  • Toyceratops (15)
  • Devil Dragon (42)

In the bullpen:
  • Plesios (16)
  • Green Dragon (8)
  • Aqua Knight (16)
  • Aqua Knight (14)
  • White Knight (22)

Either put your Devil dragon or Tyrannos as leader and farm some monster of the same element, Knights will do, grab a friends healer.

Edit:- Nevermind I thought devil had 2.5 times ATK to same element, go with Tyrannos then.

Edit 2:- Seeing as you already have 2 Aqua Knights you could use Plesios instead.

My Fairlion is max level now because the game was awesome to me. Gave me a SUPER (x2) xp fusion as I was using up a few High Gold Dragons! Just enough to max her out!

Granted, she wont be evolving any time soon, but considering my salamander just became an Ifrit Im thinking its a good day. Might have to buy some stones while Im feeling hot...

Owzers

lots of dragon evolving for everyone, i need rainbow double mint glow worms tmw to evolve my drall and cat costume dark dragon. Evolved Ivory Dragon today along with my black dragon to get a chaos.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Does color make a difference for experience gained using metal dragons? I'm trying to figure out why they have purple dragons every day and other colors 1 day a week? Makes it really hard to lvl none dark monsters.

You get bonus experience for feeding it to monsters of the same color, yes. Gold dragon dungeons (light) are the rarest.

I checked the OP and did not see this. What would I be going after in the Mechdragon special dungeons? The Mechdragons themselves? I was able to handle the flame version though it did take a while to kill it; unfortunately, it did not drop for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I checked the OP and did not see this. What would I be going after in the Mechdragon special dungeons? The Mechdragons themselves? I was able to handle the flame version though it did take a while to kill it; unfortunately, it did not drop for me.

Yes. They're dragon types with a 50 team cost.

I just got Minerva after 4 pulls. Yay

ParityBit

I'd go Devil Dragon (for Castle of Satan) for a leader and use a healer friend.

Either put your Devil dragon or Tyrannos as leader and farm some monster of the same element, Knights will do, grab a friends healer.

Edit:- Nevermind I thought devil had 2.5 times ATK to same element, go with Tyrannos then.

Edit 2:- Seeing as you already have 2 Aqua Knights you could use Plesios instead.

Well I can either try to go through the Castle of Satan in the hopes I can open the tech dungeons (and able to work through to the gold) or I can farm to raise up my Ammy/few other monsters.

What do we think is better?

ToxicAdam

I now have all the EVO materials for my Green Dragon Knight and Red Phoenix Knight to evolve. Just need to get them from lvls 65-70.

It's always a bummer when you make that last big push to evolve something than your reward is less stats. :p

Luckily thursday dungeon is today, so i put those 10 red pengdras to good use and maxed this girl out

Only waiting on tuesday to get 2 keeper of the flames and i can evolve her.

So as for ultimate evo: should i go light/fire or dark/fire?

J0dy77

You get bonus experience for feeding it to monsters of the same color, yes. Gold dragon dungeons (light) are the rarest.

I figured, just wondering why they are so favorable to Dark. Almost forces you to run a dark team early.

So Pengdras from the trials are really that good for leveling? Guess I missed the boat on this one. Looks like I'll be running a lot of Trials now.

On a side note, I'm up to 40 mermaid feast runs and still no siren scatter in all the other dungeons that I've run and it's just beyond frustrating (2 more ice mech runs included). I wish there was a Magic Find type stat in this game.

thaOwner

Luckily thursday dungeon is today, so i put those 10 red pengdras to good use and maxed this girl out

I have Thor so I'm definitely going the dark/fire route with mine. Your decision should rely on what your overall team composition will be.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I decided to run the Thursday dungeon to see if I couldn't get another Dragon Fruit for my evo party I'm going to have with all my dragons one day. Totes got one. Boom.

Now, give me the Mechdragon please.

Made it to the Twin Temple Diana dungeon. I'll farm a dark demon mask and then evolve my Succubus. D'Spinas is also close to being maxed out but I'm guessing I need some sort of Keeper for him to evolve. Dang simple game can become so addicting!!!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Nice.

As for ultimate, you're in a sticky situation. It really depends on the rest of your team, though. Dark will be more helpful for Zeus when he comes out, but there are better teams more suited for Zeus. Light will help for Hera next time, but again, there are better teams.

ToxicAdam

On a side note, I'm up to 40 mermaid feast runs and still no siren scatter in all the other dungeons that I've run and it's just beyond frustrating (2 more ice mech runs included). I wish there was a Magic Find type stat in this game.

To me this is the biggest flaw of the game. Healers are so crucial to many dungeons, yet the probablity of getting one to drop (outside of a pull) is way too low. Even in the higher level dungeons where it is supposedly easier, I have yet to have any drop yet.

It's almost to the point where if someone doesn't have a healer drop before they hit Castle of Satan/ or level 40, I would just recommend they reroll. Because that's exactly what I did.

To me this is the biggest flaw of the game. Healers are so crucial to many dungeons, yet the probablity of getting one to drop (outside of a pull) is way too low. Even in the higher level dungeons where it is supposedly easier, I have yet to have any drop yet.

It's almost to the point where if someone doesn't have a healer drop before they hit Castle of Satan/ or level 40, I would just recommend they reroll. Because that's exactly what I did.

They're pretty farmable from the Mechdragon dungeons. So even if you don't get one through the nromal dungeons, you can get up to expert on your own and then farm the appropriate mechdragon dungeon until it drops. They're up for 2 weeks each, and on top of that they do 2x drop events on them sometimes. Even without the 2x drop rate though, it's already pretty decent, so this is the way to go IMO.

ToxicAdam

I don't need one now, but I have run the Fire/Ice Mech Dragon (Expert) levels about 30 times and have yet to see a drop of either. I ran the Fire dungeon 10 times during the 2x event.

So are you guys feeding the fully evo'd green pengdras to whatever color you want? There are other colors of these, right? red, blue, etc. I only have access to the wood tech. dungeon for now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So are you guys feeding the fully evo'd green pengdras to whatever color you want? There are other colors of these, right? red, blue, etc. I only have access to the wood tech. dungeon for now.

Red, blue, green. Fully evolved Pengdras are amazing XP no matter what you feed it to. You're best feeding them to their respective color for the boost, but I've been shoveling any Pengdra I can at my Green Dragon to get him to 70 as fast as possible.

ParityBit

Red, blue, green. Fully evolved Pengdras are amazing XP no matter what you feed it to. You're best feeding them to their respective color for the boost, but I've been shoveling any Pengdra I can at my Green Dragon to get him to 70 as fast as possible.

There are no light/dark Pengdras?

Cool, thanks Nicoga. I feel hesitant when I think about that 1.5 base boost. Especially with King Dragons

edt: HELL YES FINALLY GOT THIS STUPID VAMPIRE TO DROP. This is a big moment for my n00b self.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There are no light/dark Pengdras?

No sir. That's what makes powering up light and dark monsters a bit tougher.

Cool, thanks Nicoga. I feel hesitant when I think about that 1.5 base boost. Especially with King Dragons

Yeah, if I were working on a light or dark monster extensively, I'd save mine. But since My light dragon is only 4x and my dark is 3x while my green is 68, I pump him and ignore the boost for now. There will always be more opportunities to nab those king dragons. My thing is, I can farm better with that 20k super attack, so I might as well get that so I can push forward faster!

J0dy77

It's really miserable. I've been completely reliant on my friends list for healers. I have played a lot on both my iPad (Lvl 50) and iPhone (lvl 42) and I've only gotten one final boss drop ever (and I'm not exaggerating). Ironically the one drop I've gotten was a siren from mermaid feast on my iPad which already had an angel from a rare pull.

The game is clearly made to get you to pull those dragon stone pulls and not around farming the dungeons. I know a lot of others on here have good luck with getting rare drops. I'm not one of them.

ParityBit

No sir. That's what makes powering up light and dark monsters a bit tougher.

OK, well I guess that answers my question. I should just work to the green tech dungeon and farm those pens for my ammy. What would you use the normal light/dark dragons for then if not for the pens? Seems the colored versions have a purpose.

The game is clearly made to get you to pull those dragon stone pulls and not around farming the dungeons. I know a lot of others on here have good luck with getting rare drops. I'm not one of them.

I have a 49(ish) on my iPad and a 42 on my droid. No rare drops at all here. :( I am still running with my starter/gifts and my pal pull dragons.

J0dy77

I have a 49(ish) on my iPad and a 42 on my droid. No rare drops at all here. :( I am still running with my starter/gifts and my pal pull dragons.

Misery loves company! Does make me feel better that I'm not the only unlucky one.

On the positive sign. I've progressed pretty far and don't see much holding me back (currently at Polar Night Tower final boss). So the base monsters and rare pulls if leveled enough, combined with a good healer friend can definitely get you a good way through the game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, well I guess that answers my question. I should just work to the green tech dungeon and farm those pens for my ammy. What would you use the normal light/dark dragons for then if not for the pens? Seems the colored versions have a purpose.

I've been using Pengdras for my light and dark monsters as well. I'm not too picky on exclusivity Pengdras for the reasons I stated above. If I can get close to a strong evo/max level, I have no shame feeding a king metal to a non-dark creature. :p I've done it a few times already.

Misery loves company! Does make me feel better that I'm not the only unlucky one.

On the positive sign. I've progressed pretty far and don't see much holding me back (currently at Polar Night Tower final boss). So the base monsters and rare pulls if leveled enough, combined with a good healer friend can definitely get you a good way through the game.

Pretty much all things that come from the rare egg machine are good, even if they're 3 star monsters. They're evolved versions are usually very powerful. When you see people posting 5* drops from the rare egg machine, that doesn't always mean it's better. For example, all the Mystic Knights are 3*, and are extremely powerful in their final forms. All of the 3 sisters (Succubus, Naga, Mermaid) come from the rare machine in 3* forms. Same thing with Dryad and Cupid, which are good healers.

Basically, what I'm saying is, virtually anything that comes from the rare egg machine is good and you don't need the gods to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom