• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Let me know if you decide to run Ameno. My alt has him and has never been able to use him. Never have him up and my main doesn't have him. Don't even know if I have a good enough team, my alts light box is weak, but does have a cloud.

Bladelaw

Yeah I have to put together a team. Will need to farm shynpys for indra and some other inherits I'll need. It seems I'll also need to put 3 Dragon killer latents on whatever pixel I use. So it will take a bit of time, but i don't have a good a3 team and this looks to fix that.

Also, I already turned Cecil into dark pixel... But I'm going to pull a few times on Yuna day, so maybe I'll get an alternative. I really like his active as dark pixel.
I went nuts last time lightning hunting and ended up with enough Cecil to make them all. I'm waffling on pixeling lightning because I use a lot of rainbow teams and her active is gold. This go around I ended up with a cloud system.

If anyone has pixel seph I'd appreciate it if someone could put him up as a lead. It's been my best bet on pixel teams so far.

Bladelaw

This is the GF I've been waiting for. In a perfect world I roll 2 Neys, 1 Ameno, and 1 Yog. In the real world I'll be happy with any one of those.

I tried my meri team in the machine rush. It ended poorly. Not enough HP to consistently tank and not enough damage without rows to one shot without a burst on the resolve enemies. I'm looking at a dark team that can use to take advantage of my machine killers but tripping resolve and follow up attack three times in a row is going to be tricky

Aesnath

I don't know if I want to roll on the Godfest or FF Collab... I like FF

Lately all GFE godfests kinda stink; but this one does have a higher than usual rate, but still. It kind of depends on your box; I have all the 5* GFE I could ever want and most of the older 6* GFE. FF has the advantage that even middling rolls are pretty useful thanks to pixel and other factors (y'sholta is a pretty accessible blue FUA sub).

To be clear though, I still want yog. I have a problem, so I'm rolling on this stupid godfest where I will get almost nothing of value--or entirely nothing of value. An ameno would be pretty cool since both my wife and best friend have one, but it seems like she would have many of the same issues as Meri. On day one, I'm only missing the following: light metatron, fenrir viz, ney, blue odin, sylvie, ameno, yog. I'm missing about as much on day 2, but I tend to try to roll when the possiblity of a third kaede is around (for what, at this point, I don't even know).

Before I wanted yog, rolling was fun. Now, I feel like it sucks. I don't like really wanting things on this game.

Bladelaw

JP roll chances floated around 16% chance for diamond with the usual ~1% chance of getting a specific 6*. As they flood the REM with 6* cards they need to boost rates just to keep the odds of pulling any 6* around that mythical 1%. This is why things like 6x-10x are happening. Your chances of pulling any 6* boost but the chase odds remain about the same.

Also...I'm kinda jonesing for Awoken Raph. He should be arriving any day now if the usual 2 month delay holds. I'm really anxious to play around with that leader skill.

Aesnath

I've realized that part of my current displeasure with PAD is due to the recent meta shift--I genuinely do not enjoy combo leads. Even when I can pull it off (I'm OK with anubisxdiabolos), it takes looking at the board for an inordinate amount of time and then the whole shebang feels pretty high pressure. BUT the crazy HP totals plus more common combo shields everything has means you'll have a hard time using other leads easily.

Honestly, I miss heart-cross. I really enjoyed the playstyle and felt like I got better at it over time. But the ability to tank hits is less valuable currently due to the fact that we have basically moved into a one-shot meta territory, which heavily favors combo leads. Resolve? FUA; Absorb? Fujin; Null? Pixel. Combo leads give you a lot of flexibility with your team comp (typically) as well as board flexibility to do odd things while still maintaining high damage. This means you usually just have to have a the correct subs along with enough HP to tank preemptives and you never really slow down. On top of all of that the 7c awakening means you do even better damage. Those three 7c gods just revealed do nearly as much damage as a double killer sub--by default.

I'm more methodical, I always have been. Played dark souls games that way; control player in magic; wizard in d&d. I like being able to tank the hits and plan my attack rather than having to be on full-tilt boogie 90% of the time, like I feel you have to be with combo.

I think there might be a PAD generational aspect to it; people who started with rainbow or combo leads prefer them; I really enjoy heart cross and hope one gets to a good place again. I don't think Red Myr will do it; 7c with a cross is a tall order. I may just go back to Gremory when she gets her new evos. 144x isn't too bad with a full shield and I have 1.2 million MP, so I could just buy a Plum system. I mean, what else am I going to do with it?

Bladelaw

I hear you Aesnath. To your point I brought Anubis x Diablos into machine rush and waltzed through it. I still think heart crosses can have a place, you just need to plan a dungeon more in advance. Load up subs with killers, bring a spike, or a backup shield in case you're missing hearts.

New grem I nice. I updated my phone so I lost access to my jp acct for now but I did play a little with her. Grem, plum, dmeta, Akechi, Pandora is a hell of a team that should get through most content with the right inherits.

bjork

Kinda went in when it said Tifa was rated-up

Lightning
Noctis
Noctis
Yuna
some two little kids I don't know
metal blindfold lady that's on the title screen now
Onion Knight

Kinda went in when it said Tifa was rated-up

Lightning
Noctis
Noctis
Yuna
some two little kids I don't know
metal blindfold lady that's on the title screen now
Onion Knight
Damn, you did well. My alt's rolls were meh, but I'm still waiting on my main. I rolled a silver and then Balthier, but really want Yuna. Need to decide if I want to dump it all today and/or buy a pack for tomorrow.

EDIT: Rolled all my stones and most of a pack. Got lots of 5 and 4 stars I didn't have as well as Cecilx2 and Yuna! Mission accomplished. Gonna save the rest for another FF boosted day or the GF, not sure.

Bladelaw

Great rolls! Every form of Cecil is useful, probably the most useful 6* dupe in the collab.

I said screw it and Pixeled lightning and the dupe Yuna. I figure I can always swap them back as needed if I really want. I'm playing around with different compositions of pixel leads/subs and oddly enough the thing that's really bugging me is finding partners. I always keep a few friend slots open so I get the occasional rando with a matching lead but lately it's been completely unhelpful. Are people just not leading with pixel evos?

b33r

Great rolls! Every form of Cecil is useful, probably the most useful 6* dupe in the collab.

I said screw it and Pixeled lightning and the dupe Yuna. I figure I can always swap them back as needed if I really want. I'm playing around with different compositions of pixel leads/subs and oddly enough the thing that's really bugging me is finding partners. I always keep a few friend slots open so I get the occasional rando with a matching lead but lately it's been completely unhelpful. Are people just not leading with pixel evos?

I pixeled the Noctis I pulled and might mess around with him as a lead, but combo shields will kill that team. I don't really have any other reasonable pixel leads.

Bladelaw

I pixeled the Noctis I pulled and might mess around with him as a lead, but combo shields will kill that team. I don't really have any other reasonable pixel leads.

Fair enough, Sephiroth is my favorite pixel lead FWIW. Strong row team that can use some of darks best subs (grem, Revo Panda, Pixel Cecil), you can build in enough move time for combo shields, and when you need to burst you break 100m (total damage) without a spike active. My only complaint is I can't use any pixels on a DMeta team.

Bladelaw

30 rolls. A lot of MP, Kanna, Ryune, Blodin, Typhon, and NEY.

I fast tracked her to Dark Ney form only to realize no one has her up. Dark Ney, Sephiroth, RHaku, RHaku, Dathena puts out an absurd level of damage for "only" being 36x. Out damages Dath with the same team but obvious the lack of HP/RCV bonus is a little bit of a sting if you can't shield. I'm thinking of putting Dmeta on as a shield to help stall.

Kyuur

Bunch of trash and a dupe Gadius. It's good to be back.

At least I can keep one of each Gadius ult once the new one is out. Works well on his own team as asub and he's my main team anyways so -shrug-

Jagernaut

This was a trash godfest for me.

Nim - dupe
Shining Dragon Swordsman - dupe
Amaterasu - dupe but will keep for shower of healing
Sleeping Beauty - dupe
Balboa - only GFE, but have Julie with same skill
AA Lucifer - dupe
Leona Okito - PAD Battle Tournament trash

Negator

Lots of rolls. No Ney, but walked out of it with Amenominakanushi and Yog. Pretty excited!

Oh yeah, rolled a Fujin...on my fucking alt.

W-00

I considered rolling on the Godfest today, but then I remembered how badly the REM treated my test roll yesterday (dupe Forestbahn) and decided to roll FF instead.

My main came away with Wol, Bartz, Squall, and Y'shtola and has no stones left.

My alt got Ace and Cloud and then I stopped with one roll left.

I pixeled Cloud right away. The proper thing to do with him is load him with dragon killer latents, right? Are any of the others worth pixeling?

Jagernaut

I completed the Mech Goemon dungeon for the Fire REM prize and my reward was ... a dupe Markab. Meh.

Team was all hypered and I used the +35% rcv badge.

R Minerva (R Orochi)
R Leilan
DK Tsubaki
DK Tsubaki (F/F Yamato Takeru)
Uriel (Leilan Misato) - brought for auto heals not skill which spoils leader activation
R Minerva (Nerva) - any strong spike works instead

Very smooth run, completed on first try. Use delay on Puppeteer to wait out light absorb. Would be even better with Ilm subs but I don't have any.

Bladelaw

I considered rolling on the Godfest today, but then I remembered how badly the REM treated my test roll yesterday (dupe Forestbahn) and decided to roll FF instead.

My main came away with Wol, Bartz, Squall, and Y'shtola and has no stones left.

My alt got Ace and Cloud and then I stopped with one roll left.

I pixeled Cloud right away. The proper thing to do with him is load him with dragon killer latents, right? Are any of the others worth pixeling?

I put my thoughts on what's pixel worth on the previous page, but Bartz is definitely pixel worthy. He's the only balanced type pixel (I think...) and thus the only pixel that can take ANY killers. Cloud needs devil killers. His best use is Azathoth killing in 3p UDR or wrecking any devil heavy dungeon as a Light Mito. Pixel Light Cecil and Pixel Lightning are best used to crack Radar Dragons in A3 since they can both take dragon killer latents. Squall is also a no brainer pixel unless you need his light sub attribute or non pixel awakenings for some reason. Y'shtola is probably not worth pixeling because her base form's Uevo has Follow Up Attack, is unbindable, and makes hearts. Pixel is good for dupes to cover a blue pixel if you need it though.
---------

I kinda burned out on the Monster Bootcamp stuff. Farmed a lot of 297's, a ton of pys and I'm glad from that perspective that the most vital parts (quick pys and +'s) is over. I'll miss it when I need the py's but for now it's good to go back to more interesting dungeons. I got a lot of new teams to play with. Hopefully next GF I can grab Amenominakanushi. I specify because the REM thought it was funny to give me 3 Ame no Uzumi.

Aesnath

UGH, my love/hate relationship with this game continues.

I still want a Yog. My best friend drew one on Saturday--this inspired me to a level of previously-unforseen madness. Out of 26 rolls (130 f'ing stones), I drew 6 GFE total: Fenrir, Ney, Green Sonia x2, Sumire x2. Now, ney is interesting, but I don't know what to do with her, as (as I was griping about previously), I'm not great at combos and I don't like combo leads. I may just leave her in her base form for when I want something odd to run. As for the Sonias, that puts me up to SIX Green Sonia. I doubt more than four is defensible. I also rolled a Caladbolg (green brave 2), who seems...OK at least. I rolled two pantheons, dupe Hades and dupe Maeda.

So, the total tally from 26 rolls was 17 (18 if you count cadabolg) non-GFE, non-Pantheon rolls. One of the worst godfests I've ever had.

I have so much MP, I am probably going to get ra dragon, just because it will give me something to focus on. If, by the time gremory's new ults roll around, if I have not drawn a lead I'm satisfied with, I think I'm going full Xin Hua system. They'll be some things I can't do with it, but it will work pretty well for a lot of things.

Bladelaw

UGH, my love/hate relationship with this game continues.

I still want a Yog. My best friend drew one on Saturday--this inspired me to a level of previously-unforseen madness. Out of 26 rolls (130 f'ing stones), I drew 6 GFE total: Fenrir, Ney, Green Sonia x2, Sumire x2. Now, ney is interesting, but I don't know what to do with her, as (as I was griping about previously), I'm not great at combos and I don't like combo leads. I may just leave her in her base form for when I want something odd to run. As for the Sonias, that puts me up to SIX Green Sonia. I doubt more than four is defensible. I also rolled a Caladbolg (green brave 2), who seems...OK at least. I rolled two pantheons, dupe Hades and dupe Maeda.

So, the total tally from 26 rolls was 17 (18 if you count cadabolg) non-GFE, non-Pantheon rolls. One of the worst godfests I've ever had.

I have so much MP, I am probably going to get ra dragon, just because it will give me something to focus on. If, by the time gremory's new ults roll around, if I have not drawn a lead I'm satisfied with, I think I'm going full Xin Hua system. They'll be some things I can't do with it, but it will work pretty well for a lot of things.

Base Ney is pretty strong if you can field a team. 64x for doing nothing then add combos on top is pretty great. I didn't do much team building for base Ney because I'm actually going to try and make split Fenrir work with dark Ney. It'll give me something to do with all those Fenrir dupes. If I was going to build a non-evo Ney team I'd try to fit a Momiji on for TE and FUA if needed, and then just work around what's in your box. 7c with the occasional prong will help damage wise but focus on getting high HP subs like Blonia (D/B split), Satsuki, Anaphon/Typhon, and Sheena and from there just combo best you can pronging when possible keeping SBR requirements in mind.

Bought another pack and got Cloud, Lightning, Noctis, 2nd Yomi (her awoken active is probably my favorite since time debuff just fucks my Bhunter coop runs), and Sherias Roots. Was really hoping for Seph but oh well.

Now to farm a TON of pixelits since I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this new stuff I have.

Bladelaw

Decided to go all in on Ameno x Arondight A3 since it seems like I won't be rolling my own Ameno any time soon. I need to find a spot for a second Fujin active. I think I can get by without a delay or FUA as without 7c I'm not going to be blowing anything up. Here's my current team:
Arondight (Awoken Nene)
Yuna (Light Akechi)
Awoken Tachibana (Hiko)
Wedding Escha (unskilled Allura, trash clear and SDR insurance)
Pixel Lightning (Pixel Yuna) 3x Dragon Killer

I have access to every fujin variant in NA, I'm thinking straight Fujin on Yuna over light akechi. I lose a small bit of stats but gain enough SDR to have a shield for Heph. I don't have any 100% guarantees for a pixel board but I have enough options to reliably put out enough damage to kill any radars. I might replace Tachibana with Amatsu. The extra HP and FUA might be worth it and the orb change doesn't hurt my board (doesn't help it much either...)

Potential trouble floors:
Sopdet - Not sure I can hit under threshold with a light match, and might need too many blue matches to kill.
Sha Wujing - Not sure I can chip him under resolve without murdering him.
High Def floors (killer, tans) - only if orb trolled. the natural multiplier might make it tough to stall on the Chinese floor if I have to blow actives here on them.
Kagu - Lightning might hit too hard.
Zaerog - light absorb means stalling which is doable but might require popping an active.

Aesnath

Real talk: When do we expect the 10x PCGF to happen? It should be soon right. I seem to remember it coming up after the 7x godfest. But I don't follow JP to closely, so I'm not too sure.

Bladelaw

Real talk: When do we expect the 10x PCGF to happen? It should be soon right. I seem to remember it coming up after the 7x godfest. But I don't follow JP to closely, so I'm not too sure.

I'm guessing around thanksgiving/black Friday. Did the JP PCGF 10x bonus only apply to the "x" most voted on monsters? If so I expect the list to be Yog, Fujin, Ney, and Ameno

Aesnath

I'm guessing around thanksgiving/black Friday. Did the JP PCGF 10x bonus only apply to the "x" most voted on monsters? If so I expect the list to be Yog, Fujin, Ney, and Ameno

I think so. It was something like, the top three got one day each of 10x rate. I think I'm done IAP-ing until then. It ceases to make me happy. And, believe me, there was a time when it was sort of fun. Now it feels shitty.

Aesnath

Hereme descended...since when does "mythical plus" equate to 160million hp?

Screwing around I decided to take in Tsubaki as the lead, with DK variants as subs for the full system. It went pretty well overall, up until the boss. I couldn't one-shot her first form and I couldn't consecutively make 7c boards while activating the LS (5o1e is a bitch).

Anyway, I think I'm starting to feel better about PAD. I just have to get better at being OK with shit I won't beat AND the idea that, really, yog is just an image, and not how I imagined the old god anyway.

Bladelaw

Been spamming hermé trying to get multiple copies of all the drops for my alt and for tradebait but I keep getting hermé-do. I'll probably max skill one just to have but she might be the least useful at the moment.

Kwhit10

Hereme is straightforward if you can one shot everything no tricky absorbs or resolves.

Went with:
Anubis/DKtsubaki/DKtsubaki/diochan/ilmina/diablos.

Diochan+Ilmina was enough for a 12 combo no sky fall match of only red+light to one shot boss.

Hereme descended...since when does "mythical plus" equate to 160million hp?

Screwing around I decided to take in Tsubaki as the lead, with DK variants as subs for the full system. It went pretty well overall, up until the boss. I couldn't one-shot her first form and I couldn't consecutively make 7c boards while activating the LS (5o1e is a bitch).

Anyway, I think I'm starting to feel better about PAD. I just have to get better at being OK with shit I won't beat AND the idea that, really, yog is just an image, and not how I imagined the old god anyway.
I think what's been getting people is that Myr and DAth, for like 2 years, were farmable top tier leaders. Now that the pendulum has swung back to being REM dominated people are struggling to adapt, only exacerbated by the fact that the tier list is more GFE dominated than at any point in PAD's history.

b33r

Been spamming hermé trying to get multiple copies of all the drops for my alt and for tradebait but I keep getting hermé-do. I'll probably max skill one just to have but she might be the least useful at the moment.

Which one is desired? I got ra and do for clearing the dungeon, should I try to get a specific one? Dungeon was easy for Ameno, just slapped Diochan on the team for the last floor.

Edit: Looked them up and I'm only missing ku, might try and get that last one just to have them all, though I dunno if I'll ever use them.

Bladelaw

Which one is desired? I got ra and do for clearing the dungeon, should I try to get a specific one? Dungeon was easy for Ameno, just slapped Diochan on the team for the last floor.

Edit: Looked them up and I'm only missing ku, might try and get that last one just to have them all, though I dunno if I'll ever use them.

They're all usable but I think Ku is the most desired. 3 TPA works on BHunter and the spike is actually useful. Ra is fine for blue rows (meri) and for farming purposes. Do is worse than Ku, same number of orbs but randomly placed, there's not a great OE focused blue lead (sumire is ok but that's about it IIRC) and requires more skill ups than her sisters. You could use her on Bhunter of course but I'd rather the TPAs over OE.

For trading I haven't had a lot of bites, I'm just trying to stockpile evo'ed mech generals since a ton of monsters (MP and machine descends) need them for evo mats.

Bladelaw

A.Raph out in NA!! Love his playstyle even if he folds like a wet tissue to any kind of damage.
Yeah, he's a huge shift in playstyles for me. I'm still getting used to it but it's been a lot of fun.

EDIT: why do I keep trying to get Another Geist? I figure the "Another" series will be useful eventually (Another Crusader and Another Justice both have niche uses). I fear the day they become evo mats.

Aesnath

Well, the new monster sure is something. Nothing like more 7c. Really, you can never have too much.

Also, when I first started about a year ago, a d. kali board change was considered a good active. Now, you can get one with any flavor of other active as a bonus. Why are they powercreeping so damn hard? I accept that powercreep is inevitable, and desirable to a certain extent, but why so much at once?

Reddit seems to think this might lead to a dragonbound REM.

Bladelaw

Well, the new monster sure is something. Nothing like more 7c. Really, you can never have too much.

Also, when I first started about a year ago, a d. kali board change was considered a good active. Now, you can get one with any flavor of other active as a bonus. Why are they powercreeping so damn hard? I accept that powercreep is inevitable, and desirable to a certain extent, but why so much at once?

Reddit seems to think this might lead to a dragonbound REM.

No idea. The standard path for power creep is usually
Difficult content-->player gets means to bypass mechanic-->counter to those means-->more difficult content-->repeat

Gung ho is granting us a shitload of damage with 7c monsters that work on leads already known for high damage and the enemies it would be most applicable to (3p UDR bosses, Valten, 3p Arena Metatrons) are already "solved" by the current meta. Which means either they're gearing up for some extremely difficult content (Alt Arena?) or they're looking for lots of stones quickly from whales (probably both).

EDIT: Draklist OSC clear with Arondight/Ameno. Was actually pretty easy since you know what to expect going in just bring damage, FUA for the resolve encounters and enough TE to get through Lucifer and you're set just kind of steamrolling through.

jiggle

With Descended boss hitting 100million hp(with resolve and damage void)
And whatever hell they got planned for alt arena
The extra damage seems very necessary

Did the OSC with Drahklist.

Anubis
Yomi
Yuna
Bhunter (Fujin for Parv)
Skuld
Diablos

+2 move time badge

The run was perfect up until I forgot about the resolve on the last floor. I even had the hearts and ample time to match them (move time was like 13.5 haha) but I totally forgot. Dude didn't heal or anything so I just stoned it.

It's funny, my combo game has improved a lot since the last time we had an OSC and I feel like I'm now just barely in the same tier as the pros like Dzy and Yuki, but my heart was still racing on Luci. Even with all the extra practice I've had, even with 13.5 move time, even with 7x6 board lol. I think that floor has traumatized me.

My alt rolled a Kanna last GF and I have no idea what to do with her. I used to want her on my main for RaDra, but now I don't know what she's still used for. Is there generally a preferred evo? I'm thinking dark.

My alt runs DAthena coop and Ameno solo mostly if it matters, though it has a pretty developed box. Haven't had the time or interest to keep up with the meta the past 6 months or so.

Top Bottom