• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 IOTI 60 Brains Per Second, 1080 Pea

Anyone tried the cats vs dinos stuff?

Yes the event started yesterday.
Great fun and an easy way to earn rainbow stars.
3 stars for a loss
4 if the round goes to 5 and you lose
5 if you win
7 if the round goes to 5 and you win.

Be quick as the event will end soon and you will have to wait a few days to earn the stars.

I am quite amazed that this update hasn't garnered more interest as all of the previous problems have been ironed out now.
Game is fantastic.

Rubenkp

Neo Member
I'm still playing daily.

Popcap has made an amazing job, and this update is huge (and free!!).

It's a shame that there isn't much people playing, at least on PS4.

Great moment to go back in!

I'm still playing daily.

Popcap has made an amazing job, and this update is huge (and free!!).

It's a shame that there isn't much people playing, at least on PS4.

Great moment to go back in!

I know how you feel, friend. I honestly think that the only reason PVZ GW2 is down on player population is because of Overwatch, and school. Probably more the latter than the former.

Is there a list of all the stuff in the most recent update? My wife and I love this game but the last few times we tried to play it we kept getting matched up against the same group and getting crushed. It was no fun at all.

Nochii

Neo Member
Well i had a problem, i can't join any multiplayer game i don't know why, whenever i try to join multiplayer i can't. It always says i can't join any session and try again, anyone have the same problem?

Man I loved this game for the first couple months after launch and then something totally took my attention away. Might redownload it and try to jump back in. Is there a good amount of new content? Where should I start?

Hip Hop

Well i had a problem, i can't join any multiplayer game i don't know why, whenever i try to join multiplayer i can't. It always says i can't join any session and try again, anyone have the same problem?
Maybe the community is dead? I know for PC it was barren when it came out, while the original was mildly popular.

Nochii

Neo Member
I played on PS4 and 2 weeks ago i could play without a problem, but now i have this problem, can't connect any multiplayer game, it always says i can't join any session try again.

BKSmash

I started playing this the other day again, great game! But I just don't really get the same feeling I got while playing the first game, sadly enough.
And Overwatch is taking up all my time lol

If you haven't been keeping up. They added two new classes to the game
Mini-Torchwood and Super Goat 3000

Steps to getting them.

1. Get 50 rainbow stars from the new mystery portal mode (that only shows up once in awhile, lasts for 3 days)
2. Open the 50 rainbow star chest and hope you get a trial key
3. Complete the trial, defeat the guardian, open the portal
4. Repeat for the other 3 portals (if you're lucky this will take you 4 weeks, lol)
5. Defeat the last guardian, and open the character chest using 75 rainbow stars.

Considering the current mode gives you 5 stars for a win and 3 for a loss. This method has been really drawn out. And the two character designs aren't that exciting, neither has variants.

Personally more excited that they added Garden Warfare 1 taunts. But post-launch content still seems weird for this game. At least it didn't cost anything

pixxxelz

If you haven't been keeping up. They added two new classes to the game
Mini-Torchwood and Super Goat 3000

Steps to getting them.

1. Get 50 rainbow stars from the new mystery portal mode (that only shows up once in awhile, lasts for 3 days)
2. Open the 50 rainbow star chest and hope you get a trial key
3. Complete the trial, defeat the guardian, open the portal
4. Repeat for the other 3 portals (if you're lucky this will take you 4 weeks, lol)
5. Defeat the last guardian, and open the character chest using 75 rainbow stars.

Considering the current mode gives you 5 stars for a win and 3 for a loss. This method has been really drawn out. And the two character designs aren't that exciting, neither has variants.

Personally more excited that they added Garden Warfare 1 taunts. But post-launch content still seems weird for this game. At least it didn't cost anything
Kinda sucks that getting this new characters could take more than 4 weeks, I just started playing this again this week so I only have one key :/

But that hover-goat 3000 is just too freaking cool, so I guess I'll just keep playing, hopefully I'll get lucky next week too and get my second key..

Exile20

I started playing this the other day again, great game! But I just don't really get the same feeling I got while playing the first game, sadly enough.
And Overwatch is taking up all my time lol

Are you me?

I loved the original but this one just did not click. I don't know why cause it adds so much but I have no played it since the initial 2 weeks. It is sad.

Kssio_Aug

I started playing the game yesterday, enjoyed it a lot! Wich are the best packs to buy though? Should I buy those 75k pack or it's better just keep buyinng 15k?

LUXURY

Getting back into this game after stopping in May. The Boss Gnome thing.. is there anyway to get the Chromatic thing off you if a gnome explodes it on you? Or do you just have to die and re-spawn? That is so annoying to me. It was fun though. Got into a match on hard mode and did it first try. I feel like I've missed a lot. Sucks that my multiplier score is back to 0. I loved being on that x2 each day.

The game is so cheap at the moment - but looking at this thread it looks like the game is dead - I wonder if it's even worth picking up.
On PC, it felt like it last I played. Well, I wouldn't say it's dead, but it definitely takes a while of sitting around to find a match. Considering the sale, that may not be the case anymore; I'll probably give it a go tomorrow and report back. It's a lovely game here regardless; well-optimized and a ton of fun. If you're buying it on console, I doubt it's in a similar state, but I wouldn't take my word for it.

My son and I play this game every week and for many months it was almost every day. We played co-op and not online. He's clocked in around 300 hours on his save and has unlocked a majority of the characters. The online crowd is big for this game but it probably skewes much younger.

eastx

On December 1st, the Xbox One version stealthily received an update that allows split-screen players to join online games. At last! Super cool of EA to do that.

JP

Just picked up the Festive Deluxe Edition of this in the PSN sale.

It's downloading now but I have had a brief play the pre-download game but had to stop due to it not using inverted controllers which made it more of a pain than a pleasure. There's no option to alter this as I couldn't bring up an options screen, I assume that I'll be able to invert the controls* when the game has downloaded fully?

Any basic hints for a first time player? Nope, "don't invert the controls" is not a hint.

Like all normal people do...I assume. ;)

JP

I've been playing this on and off for the past couple of days doing the single player content and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'd love it to get a Pro patch at some point, it would do wonders for graphics like these.

I've only really played with a single character but I may well be trying out some others in a bit.

I picked up some sort of Gnome earlier but the game didn't rally explain what it was. Are they just collectibles that I'll find in Backyard Battleground? I also keep finding something that looks like Snow Globes but I don't seem to be able to anything with those?

As I've only found a single Gnome and loads of Snow Globes and I correct in thinking that that the collectables are the same things but Plants get the Gnomes and Zombies get the Snow Globes? Which would also explain the fact that I've found loads of the Snow Globes and not Gnomes, because I'd have to venture off into Zombie territory to find most of them?

I've started exploring more now and I'm really surprised how big the Backyard Battleground is, particularly when I venture underground. :)

pixxxelz

I've been playing this on and off for the past couple of days doing the single player content and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'd love it to get a Pro patch at some point, it would do wonders for graphics like these.

I've only really played with a single character but I may well be trying out some others in a bit.

I picked up some sort of Gnome earlier but the game didn't rally explain what it was. Are they just collectibles that I'll find in Backyard Battleground? I also keep finding something that looks like Snow Globes but I don't seem to be able to anything with those?

As I've only found a single Gnome and loads of Snow Globes and I correct in thinking that that the collectables are the same things but Plants get the Gnomes and Zombies get the Snow Globes? Which would also explain the fact that I've found loads of the Snow Globes and not Gnomes, because I'd have to venture off into Zombie territory to find most of them?

I've started exploring more now and I'm really surprised how big the Backyard Battleground is, particularly when I venture underground. :)
They're not the same thing and you can collect them with either plants or zombies, I'm not sure what happens if you collect all the snow globes but if you collect all the gnomes and solve a puzzle that is located in a secret area in the sewers you'll get tons of coins (600/700k i think)and some other goodies.

JP

They're not the same thing and you can collect them with either plants or zombies, I'm not sure what happens if you collect all the snow globes but if you collect all the gnomes and solve a puzzle that is located in a secret area in the sewers you'll get tons of coins (600/700k i think)and some other goodies.
Thanks.

I don't seem to be able to do anything with the snow globes though, it certainly doesn't pick them up and I've tried shooting them with different weapons just incase it was about smashing them but nothing happens. Maybe I have to be a certain level or I have to complete a mission before I can collect them?

Yeah, I found the underground thing last night and it had the Gnome that I collected on the shelf.

This is probably a silly question, even in comparison to my others but when I opened those chests some of the coins fell off the platform. If that happens do you know if I actually lose the coins or are they added automatically? Not that it matters, it just seemed strange for them to place the chess on the edge of a cliff.

pixxxelz

Thanks.

I don't seem to be able to do anything with the snow globes though, it certainly doesn't pick them up and I've tried shooting them with different weapons just incase it was about smashing them but nothing happens. Maybe I have to be a certain level or I have to complete a mission before I can collect them?

Yeah, I found the underground thing last night and it had the Gnome that I collected on the shelf.

This is probably a silly question, even in comparison to my others but when I opened those chests some of the coins fell off the platform. If that happens do you know if I actually lose the coins or are they added automatically? Not that it matters, it just seemed strange for them to place the chess on the edge of a cliff.
I think you have to speak with the clam in the sewers before you can collect them.

I'm pretty sure you lose them if you don't grab them, I could be wrong though.

Fliesen

wow, any of you actually still got this installed on their PS4?
felt like Overwatch kinda replaced this as 'class based casual cartoony shooter'.

I'd actually love anyone's help with this trophy
wRycSx5.png

it's the only one i'm missing for the platinum... - not really interested in playing much more of the game beyond that, sorry :/

PM me or friend me on PSN ('Fliesenjohnny') if you're willing to sacrifice like 5 minutes to help out a silly completionist.
(I'll be off work in like 2 hours from now)

JP

I think you have to speak with the clam in the sewers before you can collect them.
I'm pretty sure you lose them if you don't grab them, I could be wrong though.
I thought it was maybe something like that, I'll have a look in game after. Didn't actually see a clam.
felt like Overwatch kinda replaced this as 'class based casual cartoony shooter'.

I'd actually love anyone's help with this trophy
wRycSx5.png

it's the only one i'm missing for the platinum... - not really interested in playing much more of the game beyond that, sorry :/

PM me or friend me on PSN ('Fliesenjohnny') if you're willing to sacrifice like 5 minutes to help out a silly completionist.
(I'll be off work in like 2 hours from now)
I'll send you a friend request in a minute, I'll happily do that one with you and you can murder me back. As you know, I'm new to this and I've only played offline so you'll have to tell me what to do to get it. :)

eastx

You can also do that in split-screen. And I'm surprised you put in the countless hours required to do everything else without bothering to do an easy one with friends.

JP

I found the clam and now I've started picking up the snow globes. Strangely, they seem to be a lot harder to find now that I'm actually looking for them.

Fliesen

I thought it was maybe something like that, I'll have a look in game after. Didn't actually see a clam.

I'll send you a friend request in a minute, I'll happily do that one with you and you can murder me back. As you know, I'm new to this and I've only played offline so you'll have to tell me what to do to get it. :)

sorry mate, i got your friend request yesterday, but something came up. i'll just try reaching you on PSN directly when you're on (and possibly when you're playing the game).

You can also do that in split-screen. And I'm surprised you put in the countless hours required to do everything else without bothering to do an easy one with friends.
1) I don't think you can by yourself, unless you have 2 PSN accounts (you need to be PSN friends afaik), so another local account won't work
2) yeah, i'm surprised too, but i like collecting trophies, even if it's mindless grinding. When coming home from a more or less stressful day at work, listening to podcasts + farming trophies is my favourite pastime. It's why i love Ubisoft games :p

eastx

1) I don't think you can by yourself, unless you have 2 PSN accounts (you need to be PSN friends afaik), so another local account won't work
2) yeah, i'm surprised too, but i like collecting trophies, even if it's mindless grinding. When coming home from a more or less stressful day at work, listening to podcasts + farming trophies is my favourite pastime. It's why i love Ubisoft games :p

I'm not 100% certain since I got the Achievement on Xbox One, but if you had a second PSN account on your console, which is free, and linked it with EA (an annoying requirement on Xbox One at least), you'd then have the two accounts needed to do it in split-screen. The other player only needs to be in your hub world, not specifically on your friends list.

JP

sorry mate, i got your friend request yesterday, but something came up. i'll just try reaching you on PSN directly when you're on (and possibly when you're playing the game).
No worries, I'm in no hurry to do this so anytime is fine with me. I'm in the Uk and it's usually evenings and weekends that I get online. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm on.

EDIT:
There we go, sorry about the messing around there but I really don't bother with multiplayer stuff so I was working out what I needed to do. Got three trophies while doing that.

Muderated ya!!! :)

JP

Just noticed that I've spent over 10 hours playing this so far which I really wasn't expecting to do.

Does anybody know if the "Rinsed 'Em" (Vanquish 5000 Zombies) and "Gramma Z Says..." (Vanquish 5000 Plants) trophies includes kills in the single player Backyard Battleground or whether I'll need to get them in multi-player?

I'm on my way to get both but the vast majority of kills have come from the single-player mode and I just can't see myself getting anywhere close in multi-player.

Thanks.

eastx

Does anybody know if the "Rinsed 'Em" (Vanquish 5000 Zombies) and "Gramma Z Says..." (Vanquish 5000 Plants) trophies includes kills in the single player Backyard Battleground or whether I'll need to get them in multi-player?

Are you not even doing the co-op mode? If so, you're really limiting your experience with the game. I totally understand avoiding the competitive content, though.

That said, all kills count for those Achievements/Trophies, regardless of mode.

JP

Are you not even doing the co-op mode? If so, you're really limiting your experience with the game. I totally understand avoiding the competitive content, though.

That said, all kills count for those Achievements/Trophies, regardless of mode.
Thanks for that, that's a relief.

I've dabbled in the multi-player and co-op stuff but I've really just been happy to mess around on my own in this game for the majority of the time, for some reason. As I said, I've played over 10 hours so far and I'm still enjoying popping in for a quick game most days.

Thanks for that, that's a relief.

I've dabbled in the multi-player and co-op stuff but I've really just been happy to mess around on my own in this game for the majority of the time, for some reason. As I said, I've played over 10 hours so far and I'm still enjoying popping in for a quick game most days.

But what do you do on your own?

It's worse doing the co-op, even if it's on your own but with AI, you can also do the PVP modes with AI if you don't like other players. The game is really flexible (though you earn less in PVP if you play against AI).

Stoffinator

Is anybody having issues connecting to Garden Ops in the last 24hr? I only play this mode but in the last 24hr I am unable to connect to it either on Xbox One or PS4. I connect to EA servers just fine and can play competitive multi player just fine. But when I go to do Garden Ops it just always gives an error.

Can anyone help with the special boss event? Like right now? I can explain what to do. Just need someone that isn't going to do nothing for 20 minutes.

kriskrosbbk

Guys can you help me how to purchase the game from ingame?(PS4).
I am currently trying the 10hr thing but want to buy it and see no option to do this.
On the PSN store it is saying that I already own the game so purchase is not available.

Guys can you help me how to purchase the game from ingame?(PS4).
I am currently trying the 10hr thing but want to buy it and see no option to do this.
On the PSN store it is saying that I already own the game so purchase is not available.

There is a free trial / demo? I don't see one on the store. Anyone have a link?

Top Bottom