• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay Teaser, delayed to 2015, debut at Gamescom

Visuals look amazing. This looks to me like it'll be Uncharted-esque, crossed with time manipulation gameplay from Blinx or whatever.

Man I loved those games!
Probably the only one!

So looking forward to this, I'm sure the people that brought bullet time with Max Payne have some crazy ideas with time manipulation in this.

ibbgDMuodlGUSm.png

the truck Jack time freezes

ib0q5SFS5DLuJP.png

is the same as this one

good catch

teraMEL0S

This is the game I'm most excited about. It's hard enough waiting for E3, but now we have to wait for August. I still love you, Remedy.

Very stylish looking.
Can't wait to see more.

I adore the time freeze effect.

More games should have something like that.

ss1.gif

That gif is hypnotizing XD

Game isn't looking too hot from a technical perspective but I'm intrigued about the gameplay and the animation looks really smooth.

Really? The poly counts seems off the charts for main characters, npcs and environments. Volumetric lights everywhere, great glimpses of physics and huge vistas that doesn't look like it's a simple background... I'd say other than The Division I haven't seen a game with more dense environments so far.

nib95

Banned
That gif is hypnotizing XD

Really? The poly counts seems off the charts for main characters, npcs and environments. Volumetric lights everywhere, great glimpses of physics and huge vistas that doesn't look like it's a simple background... I'd say other than The Division I haven't seen a game with more dense environments so far.

Can you post some examples of these "huge vistas" and "dense environments"? :S

Nope. Looked great in ZombiU.

Agreed. As per usual, and with bloom and 'piss filter' last generation, any of those used well is really awesome and effective. Also, people wanting it to be a showpiece, firstly give it some time, and secondly it looks really really good. Stop expecting that 'in-engine' trailer to be the standard. Cinematics cut out a lot of dodgy looking crap.

These are the shots that look better i would say, but the lighting is different so hopefully the gamescom trailer shows these segments again
image_quantum_break-22120-2722_0001.jpg

image_quantum_break-22120-2722_0002.jpg

image_quantum_break-22120-2722_0003.jpg

Agreed. As per usual, and with bloom and 'piss filter' last generation, any of those used well is really awesome and effective. Also, people wanting it to be a showpiece, firstly give it some time, and secondly it looks really really good. Stop expecting that 'in-engine' trailer to be the standard. Cinematics cut out a lot of dodgy looking crap.

The game looks really great but this top tier stuff is a statement with no backing. It will of course look better and better.

Ehh, I've been Alan Waked again. Talks of something really interesting but game play ends up just being a shooter.

Alan Wake and Max Payne were never your standard shooter. Remedy is the absolute best at making standard gameplay something rally interesting.

Can you post some examples of these "huge vistas" and "dense environments"? :S

When Sam Lake is talking there are glimpses of city landscapes on the big screen behind him.

It looks like the same city that can be seen on the right of this screen:

Which also represents some of the dense environments, that hangar has lots of objects, and they all seem very well modelled.

And if this scene made up to the final game intact:

It also be a very good example

Delay sucks.

Looks amazing. I'm playing Alan Wake for the very first time at the moment and utterly hooked after just playing Part 1 so far.

Love that "Delay" in the thread title.

"Game with no release window announced gets a release window announced - DELAYED!"

Looks amazing. I'm playing Alan Wake for the very first time at the moment and utterly hooked after just playing Part 1 so far.

There was an Xbox Wire article posted that clearly states 2014. So it was delayed.

Doffen

Looks really good, in my opinion. Really excited for Gamescom now!
2015 release date sort of sucks, but hopefully it will only make the game better.

nib95

Banned
When Sam Lake is talking there are glimpses of city landscapes on the big screen behind him.

It looks like the same city that can be seen on the right of this screen:

quantumbreak_gameplayajugx.jpg

I don't know dude, to me that looks super confined. All the clips from the trailer do if I'm honest, but I wouldn't want to judge on the scope of the game till we've seen more.

Here's what I'm talking about from the trailer. Overall things look quite cramped and small arena like. Not seeing any huge vistas or dense environments.

muzzymate

After finishing Alan Wake a few years ago, this is one of my most anticipated next gen releases. Not at all surprised that it's "delayed" till 2015.

I don't understand why the gaming community is all about technical performance.

I think this video doesn't look really good . Yeah obviously art direction opinions are subjective but I don't see the problem with expressing different opinions. So just like The Order, I don't think it's good looking at all (from what we've seen obviously).

But that's not that important. Gameplay looks interesting. I enjoyed Alan Wake but the gameplay was meh, I'm surprised that is the main quality proved in this video. Can't wait for Gamescom.

I don't understand why the gaming community is all about technical performance.

I think this video doesn't look really good . Yeah obviously art direction opinions are subjective but I don't see the problem with expressing different opinions. So just like The Order, I don't think it's good looking at all (from what we've seen obviously).

But that's not that important. Gameplay looks interesting. I enjoyed Alan Wake but the gameplay was meh, I'm surprised that is the main quality proved in this video. Can't wait for Gamescom.

If you don't think The Order looks good what DO you think looks good?

btags

Hahaha seriously??? Look at the lighting and shadow its glorious! The characters didn't even cast a shadow in ISS

Play the game before you try to insult it. Characters in ISS do cast shadows from sunlight, it is just certain light sources (such as headlights on cars I believe) that do not cast shadows. Quantum break looks great graphically and I am really excited for it because I loved the Max Payne series and Alan Wake, but that doesn't mean you have to shit on other games that are not on a Microsoft console.

abadguy

Banned
"Cinematic action game"

Between this and The Order, I become more and more depressed at how developers continue to proudly beat their chest at how their videogame is merely trying to emulate another medium.

While i am looking forward to QB , i can't help but agree with this sentiment.

Beth wilder and Paul Serene?

Oh Remedy, you bastards, don't play games with my heart.

For he did not know, that beyond the lake he called home,
There lied a deeper, and darker ocean green.
Where waves are both wilder and serene.
To its ports I've been,
To its ports I've been.

Don't you toy with my heart like that Remedy, don't you toy with my heart.

AW2 secret announcement please! :(

There was an Xbox Wire article posted that clearly states 2014. So it was delayed.

Ahh so there is - goddam delays!

"one of 2014’s most anticipated blockbusters"

I suppose technically it's one of the most anticipated blockbusters in 2014... just as it will be in 2015? :_)

While the game (especially the gameplay dynamic) looks really great, it actually looks like a video game that is doable on the X1 now (with really great graphics), as opposed to what they showed off initially last E3 (which was closer to CGI or "Target Specs", a.k.a., the Deep Down / Watchdogs effect).

Ahh so there is - goddam delays!

"one of 2014’s most anticipated blockbusters"

I suppose technically it's one of the most anticipated blockbusters in 2014... just as it will be in 2015? :_)

If Batman gets delayed too I'm going to be a bit perturbed. FFS everything has been delayed this year. I'm almost considering forgoing a next gen console entirely.

charsace

The original trailer wasn't running in real-time and never will. I'd put it, just comparing the graphics, between Watch Dogs and inFAMOUS: SS, leaning more to the former.

2015 release date was expected.

There were articles about them playing that scene in real time on an X1 at E3 last year behind closed doors.

There were articles about them playing that scene in real time on an X1 at E3 last year behind closed doors.

I'd wager that "X1" here probably meant the dev kit, which is overpowered compared to the actual console itself (same deal for the PS4 dev kit). Either that or it was "playing" (a.k.a. chugging at that fidelity).

Top Bottom