• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC performance thread

Mifec

It doesn't seem to be notably cheaper anywhere. I've checked the Indian, Namibian, Russian and Ukrainian stores, and the lowest price is USD$49.

Even 50 would be better. I'm fortunate enough to be well off but I have no clue who here would pay $71 for a game.

Shari

It doesn't seem to be notably cheaper anywhere. I've checked the Indian, Namibian, Russian and Ukrainian stores, and the lowest price is USD$49.

Ok so instead of locking cross-region buying Microsoft has decided to make it utterly expensive everywhere. Mad props.

Not buying.

70 EUROS

HAHAHAHA!!

Steam has always been overpriced at 60 euros but this is another level of mad. Triple-A PC games go for 45€ on retail regularly. Nobody in their right mind can buy this.

AEREC

Hopefully I can at least play it on medium or Xbox one equivalent settings at 1080p/30fps.

Im slightly below recommended with:

i7-870
970 4GB
8GB RAM

GHG

Gold Member
Will people who preordered on the Xbox one be able to sell on their codes once they get them?

Or will the codes be tide to their accounts?

jony_m

someone help me..

First windows app.. btw you can buy store codes in amazon so you don't have to put your CC here.

iPPAjN8.png

Twentieth

Pricing on most regions seems to be out of whack.

I wonder if they'll fix it or if it's intentional. They might have increased the prices in a few regions to avoid people exploiting regional pricing (using the Ukrainian store, for instance), but that doesn't explain the price in Euros.

Glad I preordered it digitally on Xbox One. I'm still hoping my PC will do a better job of running this than the Xbox One, but since Quantum Break was one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One, I won't be mad if I end up playing most of it there.

I still really hope this PC port ends up well *even if* it doesn't launch that way. They didn't abandon Alan Wake PC after launch, so fingers crossed.

sertopico

Nothing in this sentence is true. There's no way to get it considerably cheaper by swapping regions and it is not illegal.

As far as I know it is possible to change the region in order to pay less (never said "considerably cheaper") and yes it is illegal, you are just circumventing your regional store price, i call it a theft (then we could discuss about who is stealing from who, but this is another story). Try to do it on Steam and you could get banned for that.

As far as I know it is possible to change the region in order to pay less (never said "considerably cheaper") and yes it is illegal, you are just circumventing your regional store price, i call it a theft (then we could discuss who is stealing from who, but this is another story). Try to do it on Steam and you could get banned for that.

could get banned != illegal.

What law prevents me from buying digital goods from overseas?

Caayn

€70 for a digital game is crazy on consoles let alone on PC.
Glad I preordered it digitally on Xbox One. I'm still hoping my PC will do a better job of running this than the Xbox One, but since Quantum Break was one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One, I won't be mad if I end up playing most of it there.

I still really hope this PC port ends up well *even if* it doesn't launch that way. They didn't abandon Alan Wake PC after launch, so fingers crossed.
Same, although with these prices I'm considering selling my PC key when it gets here.

sertopico

could get banned != illegal.

What law prevents me from buying digital goods from overseas?

Well, when you subscribe to the service you accept the terms of agreement, and they state that you are not allowed to do that. Yes, you could travel to Russia and buy the game there but for digital goods the whole thing is quite different. Personally I don't like this but that's how things go.

Luckydog

I'm a longtime console gamer who really only used PC for strategy games. Recently I took the plunge and built a new gaming rig with a 6700k, 980ti and 16gb ram thinking I would be good for a short time at least. I even bought Quantum Break digitally on Xbox so I would have it there and on PC (got a deal for $40).

This is just giving me flashback to why I stayed away from PC gaming. I understand the mindset of people who want to play it best on a powerful PC, but I may just breakdown and play through on the xbox. I would rather play through at 720p with limited issues then wrangle through problems on the PC. I was hoping this would be my first showcase app on the new rig.

Well, when you subscribe to the service you accept the terms of agreement, and they state that you are not allowed to do that. Yes, you could travel to Russia and buy the game there but for digital goods the whole thing is quite different. Personally I don't like this but that's how things go.

That's why they can ban you for it. Because the EULA is the terms you agree to for using their service. That doesn't make it illegal.

I'm a longtime console gamer who really only used PC for strategy games. Recently I took the plunge and built a new gaming rig with a 6700k, 980ti and 16gb ram thinking I would be good for a short time at least. I even bought Quantum Break digitally on Xbox so I would have it there and on PC (got a deal for $40).

This is just giving me flashback to why I stayed away from PC gaming. I understand the mindset of people who want to play it best on a powerful PC, but I may just breakdown and play through on the xbox. I would rather play through at 720p with limited issues then wrangle through problems on the PC. I was hoping this would be my first showcase app on the new rig.

This doesn't make me want to stay away from PC gaming. It makes me want to avoid certain publishers who think this sort of shit is OK on any platform, for any release.

d00d3n

That's because you are the only person who has bought it.

To be fair to Microsoft, I suppose that a lot of people will be getting their free PC code for pre-ordering the Xbone version in a couple of days. It didn't make sense to pay the same amount and only get the game for PC.

This isn't how PC gaming usually is. Purchasing and running games from basically anywhere except the windows store is far easier than this. Trust me, this is not what its really like.

HAHAHA.. hey!!! there's at least 2 idiots in this thread.

GmkvxCi.png

Go forth brave beta tester!

sertopico

That's why they can ban you for it. Because the EULA is the terms you agree to for using their service. That doesn't make it illegal.
Oh God, I did not mean it is illegal on some country law basis. It is not legal for them, because it goes against their EULA. Sorry, I didn't express myself clearly.

Unfortunately Microsoft is trying really hard to mess up their store. It's pretty simple to not fuck up a PC release in 2016. PC has been pretty fantastic these past few years, no one is enjoying what Microsoft is trying to do and you jumped in exactly at the time they are doing whatever the hell they think they're doing. Enjoy the rest of the games on PC and that feeling will go away.

Luckydog

This isn't how PC gaming usually is. Purchasing and running games from basically anywhere except the windows store is far easier than this. Trust me, this is not what it really like.

Agree, I wasnt meaning to shit on PC gaming in general. I have tons of games through Steam, GOG, Battlenet, etc (I put TOO much time into Kerbal Space Program). I dont even blame this on the Windows store although many will. Its just on average, It seems these issues pop up more for PC gaming than consoles generally.

But I think I took this off topic. I really want to try on PC. Hoping the PC codes from the Xbox digital purchase come out ASAP so I can try.

Shari

We shouldnt have had this discussion in the first place, he is not using correct vocabulary, nothing is illegal here as I said in my first post.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
$99.95 AUD haha insane. I've never payed that much for a video game in my life. Usually PC releases go for about $50 or less after shopping around but of course it's Windows Store only so I'll just pass.

Kezen

Banned
The IQ on PC seems pretty bad.
Quantum-Break-PC_2.png

Quantum-Break-PC_1.png

Does not look like native 1080p to me, same reconstruction technique used on Xbox One ?

Shari

Im reading in an spanish forum (take it with a grain of salt) than in some country stores it can be bought for 30 bucks. Do you guys happen to know where or its just a bluff?

GHG

Gold Member
The IQ on PC seems pretty bad.
Quantum-Break-PC_2.png

Quantum-Break-PC_1.png

Does not look like native 1080p to me, same reconstruction technique used on Xbox One ?

This was all a ploy to bait us into buying Xbox Ones. I'm convinced of it. They've genuinely got me thinking about just saying fuck it and buying a discounted Xbox one key from somewhere like CD Keys because I do enjoy remedy games.

What a sad state of affairs.

Wtf, you have to be able to turn that shit off. There is absolutely no reason for a PC game to use that technique by default. People don't buy high end cards to get upscaled graphics.

Top Bottom