• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error (PS5) launch to 47 metascore on metacritic

baphomet

I'm more surprised they actually put a game out than the fact it's barely a game. Called this shit years ago when they first lied about their trailer getting taken down from the Official Playstation YouTube channel.

jm89

Xbox fanboys are gonna have a field day with these guys on twitter.

Put on your flame suits bros.

hlm666

I'm not sure you can blame xss for anything here, when you drop that turd on ps5 yeh of course you can't get it working on that console...............

SJRB

Gold Member
A goofy collection of gimmick ideas that should have never made it past the brainstorming stage.

Doesn't help that everything seems super half baked.

Godot25

Banned
Looks like more layoffs and studio shutdowns incoming.
Game was made by 4 people
They were profitable before release thanks to preorders because they used console wars to promote their game and some stupid PlayStation fanboy channels like Reforge Gaming or Dreamcast Guy gave them promo for "free" so many people bought the game because it was supposed to be "next-gen showcase" for PS5 - game that is just not possible on Series X/S.

nowhat

game that is just not possible on Series X/S
I mean, that's partially true - you can't get any controller input by blowing on the controller with (current) Series controllers.

But it turns out the game blows regardless, so a Series version would have been just as "good".

Why does this even need a topic, it was never some highly anticipated title. You are literally a fireman...with some sort of gun in space for $70. Im sorry but who here was looking forward to this?

Sounds not great, hardly anything to really look forward to, but they seem to be well aware of their capabilities and while punching above their weight class, it might have not worked out great so far, but they might get there with a future project. Ambition can be at least looked upon as somewhat promising, that they don't just mimic something else and make another totally generic thing. At least they don't make those silly super cheap trophy grab games and or anything that can be called some reskinned copycat, so they seem to not be in the industry to just make a quick and easy dollar. They seem to genuinely try. But sometimes games get reviewed rather harshly just because there is no studio with marketing money behind it and are sometimes surprisingly okayish. While AAA games where I would see the very same criticism points the above review makes as valid, get treated way softer.

Might appear on Plus, maybe soon. I might check it out.

StueyDuck

The thing is... as marketing, their plan absolutely worked, you just had to get the colt eastboys and jezzy doo doos all riled up and now they have far more media coverage than ever before.

Without them playing console warrior, this game would of straight up been a fart in the wind and no one would of known or cared that it existed, So you gotta give props in that sense. The problem now is that they will always have that stench follow them around, if they do ever truly make an actual good game, this will always be what's mentioned.

They played right into the hands of the social media angry mob however and you know there will be lots of "hate plays" from warriors and fanboys much like how Disney and so on use guys like the quartering for their marketing. It's dumb marketing but it gets more results than releasing genuine bad shit on the market without it.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member

MS:

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The thing is... as marketing, their plan absolutely worked, you just had to get the colt eastboys and jezzy doo doos all riled up and now they have far more media coverage than ever before.

Without them playing console warrior, this game would of straight up been a fart in the wind and no one would of known or cared that it existed. So you gotta give props in that sense. The problem now is they will always have that stench follow them around, if they do ever truly make an actual good game, this will always be what's mentioned.

They played right into the hands of the social media angry mob however and you know there will be lots of "hate plays" from warriors and fanboys much like how Disney and so on use guys like the quartering for their marketing. It's dumb marketing but it gets more results than releasing genuine bad shit on the market without it.
Fully agree, and if they really managed to get their money back out of the preorders then kudos to them. They played it masterfully.

In the end the ones who got played are the people who preordered.

BootsLoader

Banned
...this is not a PS studios game, what are you on about?
Oh I am sorry about that, I did not even know what this game is about. I was deceived by the Title of the OT and combined it with the latest PlayStation news and the concerns of half of the YouTube and, that's all folks.

Top Bottom