• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error (PS5) launch to 47 metascore on metacritic

Portugeezer

The thing is... as marketing, their plan absolutely worked, you just had to get the colt eastboys and jezzy doo doos all riled up and now they have far more media coverage than ever before.

Without them playing console warrior, this game would of straight up been a fart in the wind and no one would of known or cared that it existed, So you gotta give props in that sense. The problem now is that they will always have that stench follow them around, if they do ever truly make an actual good game, this will always be what's mentioned.

They played right into the hands of the social media angry mob however and you know there will be lots of "hate plays" from warriors and fanboys much like how Disney and so on use guys like the quartering for their marketing. It's dumb marketing but it gets more results than releasing genuine bad shit on the market without it.
They were also one of the first confirmed PS5 games. I don't know how.

StueyDuck

They were also one of the first confirmed PS5 games. I don't know how.
They were yes, but that was also themselves that confirmed that.

I'm pretty sure they just said that then harassed Sony over time to actually get a dev kit.

Sony have no money behind this product and haven't produced it or anything. If I remember correctly it was Geoff Keighley that gave them a spotlight but he does that with soo many flops and fails that I can't be 100% sure

Nice little scam they ran, but I don't know how they ever expect to pull it off again, even down to the individual people. If I was a corporate head-hunter, and one of these asshole's resumes passed my desk I'd put it directly in the shredder.

If they're smart they'll take the money, and run.

DaGwaphics

They knew their game was shit, that's why they tried to get some attention with their console warring statements.

You could see it coming from a mile away. If a top level game is struggling on one platform or another, it's something that gets corrected/worked on in the background. First time I've seen a dev go full console warrior for attention.

@ StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige Please tell me that bit with the virtual CPR was a joke. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Macaron

Banned
Its a shame this isn't being received well.

However, I don't blame the devs for their tweet. People who take to the internet to hate on shit cause of review scores, are absolute losers who will never understand the hard work the devs likely put into this.

Hope their passion turns into a better received game next time around.

LordCBH

Looks like a barely functional, crash filled mess. The Skull Island game was dogshit, but at least it was mostly functional dogshit. This is worse.

Wait, wait wait... why did I think this was primarily an Xbox funded game?

And someone just posted a thread (yesterday?) about how this game wasn't holding back. I thought this game was gonna be legit.

This looks like complete ass!

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
If it goes on sale cheap Ill pick a few up along with the kong game and gollum. Will make a nice xmas present for my brother and a couple friends lol
Merry Christmas GIF by Sky

You Got This Harry Potter GIF by Sky

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Idiots.
I mean. They decided that this game is worth same money as Alan Wake 2. Nobody gives a shit about fact that only 4 people were working on it. This is 10$ game at best.
How much did Alan Wake 2 cost?

Justin9mm

It's like this game was intentionally made to make PlayStation look bad lol

TeamKill: Hey Sony, we made this PS5 exclusive!

Sony: Ah, we didn't ask you to, who are you again?

Also, that combat and those enemies look so fucking bad, its hilarious.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think anyone who used this studios tweets as ammunition on this site. Or comments from the devs should be outed and publicly shamed.....

I would imagine most users have panic deleted their comments containing the comments once this aunched 😂

PsyEd

I will get this game on Black Friday Sale...of 2024....unless it becomes free with PSN sub. Callisto Protocol wasn't bad at all...just a mislabelled "zombie beat'em up in space" than being a "horror" game.

I'm sure this game will have something good in it...I mean you get to be a "fireman" in space with an axe...always wanted to be one when I grew up...mentally.

BigLee74

I think anyone who used this studios tweets as ammunition on this site. Or comments from the devs should be outed and publicly shamed.....

I would imagine most users have panic deleted their comments containing the comments once this aunched 😂
Pretty sure most of us could guess them by name without returning to the thread. That’s public shame enough.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Remedy games have budget around 50 million €. Which is 1/4 of GOW Ragnarok budget for example...

Oh okay. Yeah in Eastern Europe the pay they get is just lower than in America per person so that makes sense. But $50 million is super cheap for AW2, if true.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I knew this games is gonna suck the moment I learned that it was made by the same devs who previously shat out that piece of shit of a game Kings of Whatever-the-fuck-it-was called. God damn that game was awful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom