• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Elden Ring

NikuNashi

I want to play the best version for PS5, which I heard is the PS4 version. My question is if I buy a PS4 disc version (which is half price of the digital version now in Japan) can I run it and install to hard drive?.

Advice please!

ByWatterson

The stutters on the PS5 version aren't bad at all, and the game is gorgeous.

Do the PS5 version - digital includes PS4, if I'm not mistaken?

TheUsual

Gold Member
The stutters on the PS5 version aren't bad at all, and the game is gorgeous.

Do the PS5 version - digital includes PS4, if I'm not mistaken?
The digital version gave me access to both versions.

Played through with the PS5 version. Remember stuttering was bit of an issue in the launch window but haven't noticed it at all lately.

ByWatterson

The digital version gave me access to both versions.

Played through with the PS5 version. Remember stuttering was bit of an issue in the launch window but haven't noticed it at all lately.

Yeah, I started playing in January and it's a pretty smooth experience.

Fake

The 'PS4' version is actually the PS4pro version running on PS5.

Yes, is highly recommended using this version because runs at locked 60 fps.

Ozrimandias

Unpopular opinion, the game is awesome but come on From, i'm sick of the stutter on all of your games and no photo mode, what is wrong with it. Always performance issues. All of them.

Playing Demon's Souls on PS5 without those problems is an absolute wonder.
People beg for a Bloodborne remaster only to play it with a decent Frame pacing and Photo Mode.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've always had PS4 on PS5. Game look great though I am curious how the PS5 version looks.

Reminds me too, I actually managed to kill Elden Beast last weekend. Summoned in a random and dude was a huge help. Feels good to finally conquer that last fight.

Top Bottom