• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tempted to pick this up, but the overdone HUD really makes me nervous.

I’ve been playing RPGs for decades; nothing to do with difficulty, I just don’t like the clutter

Are there any options to disable the HUD or minimize it? I’ve done some googling and all I can find is info about sound settings

If anyone who has the game can let me know what sort of options the game has i’d really appreciate it

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The UI is quite minimal when you are not in combat (which is a good portion of the game). I never really noticed any clutter in combat either, outside of occasional monsters being a tad too large and having to zoom out to see the field/characters/boss.

Smasher89

You can atleast remove the attack and blade names like this https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYOsVz-XUAArA8B.jpg:large (minor enemy spoiler) during combat. Outside of combat character names and hp removes itself, and you can use one of several maps (or none at all). The aqua and topple parts arent always there either. There is also options to zoom in/out quite a bit.

Last edited:

Daymos

The big thing for me was that you could get rid of the mini map. Several pieces of the onscreen info only pop up when needed, as in you use a special move and a box pops up telling you what special move is needed next in the chain of 3.

Top Bottom