• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Questions regarding "Animal Crossing" GC & DS versions?

Emotions

What's the maximum amount of neighboors you can have in each version? do you have to meet certain things to have more neighboors or something and can you make a neighboor stay forever and bring back a neighboor who left back?
I currently have 13 neighboors in the GC version and 9 in the DS one.
I've always tried to find about this but i wasn't lucky to find about it.

Jiggy

I didn't play the GC version, but in the DS version you can have 8 neighbors. I don't know what you're talking about when you say you have 9, unless you're counting Nook, Mabel/Abel, and Blathers...

New animals tend to move in once per day when you're just starting, but after you max out the number of neighbors, new ones will move in the day after an old one moves out.

If an animal is trying to move away, you can go into their house and tell them not to leave and they'll stay. So, in a way, yes, you can make them stay forever, but you'd just have to check once per day since otherwise they could leave before you even know they're going to.

Emotions

Yes, sorry i mean 8 neighboors, i also want to know what's the max of neighboors you can have in the GC version, i've learnt in the GC that the neighboors that are with you since the beginning of the game or moved in early, they always stay and they only ask you for take them to visit to another city , they never talk about moving out, but they complain when no new people move in though.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
For Wild World (DS), if a neighbor moves away, they can move back according to a poster on Animal Crossing Ahead.

M3wThr33

Banned
What? There was always a villager flux in the GameCube version, regardless of if you used multiplayer visits or not.

Emotions said:
Yes, sorry i mean 8 neighboors, i also want to know what's the max of neighboors you can have in the GC version, i've learnt in the GC that the neighboors that are with you since the beginning of the game or moved in early, they always stay and they only ask you for take them to visit to another city , they never talk about moving out, but they complain when no new people move in though.
I've had Boots in my GameCube town since day 1, but I had to ask him not to move a couple times.

Eggo said:
For Wild World (DS), if a neighbor moves away, they can move back according to a poster on Animal Crossing Ahead.
Did they really mean the same neighbor with memory, though? I had a Daisy early on in my town who moved out, and about a week later my brother's Daisy moved to my town. Nothing of the original Daisy remained, though.

fresquito

JoshuaJSlone said:
Did they really mean the same neighbor with memory, though? I had a Daisy early on in my town who moved out, and about a week later my brother's Daisy moved to my town. Nothing of the original Daisy remained, though.
She moved out to have some surgery in her brain, don´t be harsh on her :-/

How can you get neighbors to move out on the Gamecube game? I've kinda gotten bored of some of them and wouldn't mind seeing a few new faces for a change...

Top Bottom