• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Player Completes New Game Plus an Incredible 33 Times, Makes Cool Discovery (Spoilers)

Kindela

Banned
While both of these instances are cool (the one in the OP, and the one posted below with multiple yous), why does writing have to be so nonchalant in both cases?

Do I really sound like that?

Would that really be the first thing you'd ask yourself from a different universe?

Why does modern media insist on downplaying itself on each and every step? Nothing can be serious anymore, everything has to be sarcastic.

SJRB

Gold Member
Are the NG+ variations randomly selected or do you literally have to play through this thing 33 times to get this one?

How many variations are there anyway?

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Are the NG+ variations randomly selected or do you literally have to play through this thing 33 times to get this one?

How many variations are there anyway?
From what I’ve gathered there’s 10 ‘variant’ universes that are randomly encountered after the second NG+ run, (the first time in NG+ will always be normal), after the second there’s a chance at either a ’normal‘ or one of the 10 ‘variant’ universe’s.

Last edited:

calistan

That's cool, although I can't imagine completing *any* game 33 times.

I wasn't really aware of what my character looked like in Starfield. I just chose one of the default models, I played from first person, the mirrors don't work, and he always had a space helmet on anyway. If that had happened to me, somebody would have had to explain it very clearly - "oh, so that's what my face looks like!"

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
They really have made a very long lasting game here.

Easily a forever game. But a forever game also needs long lasting support and development I am afraid.

Let's see what they have up their sleeve. As of now majority of Bethesda is still working on this game.

Bethesda Still Has 'About 250' Developers Working On Starfield

Bethesda devs working on Starfield:

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Easily a forever game. But a forever game also needs long lasting support and development I am afraid.

Let's see what they have up their sleeve. As of now majority of Bethesda is still working on this game.

I'm expecting at the very least a DLC city for the Va'ruun on par with New Atlantis and Akila City full of quests.

I'm expecting at the very least a DLC city for the Va'ruun on par with New Atlantis and Akila City full of quests.

Am Waiting for survival mode.

Played for 100 hrs, didn't do any quests, just exploring.

Want either a survival mode or quests on planet surface.

Every system you visit has 1-2 planets that has (...) sign. You will find outpost or facility there. My guess is they wanted to add quests that they couldn't due to time constraints.

If they add either of these two, I will just explore galaxy, setting is pretty cool.

Last edited:

magnumpy

google says starfield takes about 22 hours to complete a bare bones main objective focused run of the game. 22 hours times 33 runs of the game equals 726 hours. the additional "content" cannot be worth investing that amount of time into this game...

Don’t believe it always take 33 times. 10 times to max your suit, 6 times to max ur ship. All the other cool crazy new stuff I believe is just random. Pretty sure this was all show like the first 1-2 weeks of games release. Idk, remember seeing a video of all the different multiverse that had beeen discover. Like they was 8 or 10 different ones. But who know, could be more that is not found.

Gudji

Definitely a forever game, forever mid.

saintjules

33 times? Jesus. Ain’t no way I’m even doing one NG+ of this game. One run is enough to see all the cut corners.

Yeah I never get playing a game more than maybe 2 times. 3rd or more for nostalgia depending on the game. Replay values for me are lower the longer a game is.

Dang, I only played this game for 2 hours and never went back.

Last edited:
google says starfield takes about 22 hours to complete a bare bones main objective focused run of the game. 22 hours times 33 runs of the game equals 726 hours. the additional "content" cannot be worth investing that amount of time into this game...
You can skip most of the main missions in NG+, so you can run through it in about 2 hours.

Last edited:

thief183

It happened to me at the second run... I thiught it was normal, but look like I've been lucky

There is one thing in the game that looks like no-one noticed or at least not many but you unlock poi on the planets by reading books...

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Granted that’s objectively cool, even something that would’ve been received very positively discovered in the first month but 3 months later now that’s just comical.

Top Bottom