• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.I.P.D. Trailer (Jeff Bridges & Ryan Reynolds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
15809.jpg

That's what I thought this was at first until I saw the poster in OP; forgot the name of the comic. Glad to see the movie's not too far off from that.

mm04

That poster is horrible but I quite like the trailer.

Same response from me. Looked at the poster and thought, this can't be good. Then I watched it and I was pleasantly surprised. Ryan Reynolds alternate form as Lo-Pan is hilarious.

I'd rather see Bridges reprising his Rooster Cogburn in an official sequel, but it looks like he's having fun. I also like Ryan Reynolds (come on, he's great looking and has good comic timing and delivery; I'm sorry he's ruined several comic book movies, I blame the scripts), though he's strictly second-banana here.

Enosh

was that Kevin Bacon at the start when they storm that warehouse?

edit: looked it up, yep he is in it

Platy

I am all for movies like other movies that I liked ... so ... YES PLEASE ! =D

Love Mib, Love Hellboy, Love Ghostbusters, love religion mythology movies.

It looks like a mix of all that

Loofy

I know the concept is very MIBish. But why did they choose to rip the style and all the CGI effects from MIB too? The headquarters, the weapons, the weapon sounds, how the enemies look and explode.

barrbarr

is the police station set that they are using the same set as the one from MiB? Because I didn't get the MiB vibes until I saw the RIPD station

LiK

They filmed some scenes in front of my bro-in-law's office. He took a lot of pics of it. Pretty cool.

I saw this in the theater the other day and actually said, "Why did they make that?" after it was over. It was painful to watch. Judging by some of the responses in this thread, I'm wrong?

Bridges sure made a strange choice with that accent though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow this looks pretty awesome in a stupid fun kind of way.

Ryan Reynolds is always cool and Jeff Bridges dialed it up to 12.

Also, Marisa Miller, sweet jesus.

Busty

Banned
Word was that this film went waaaay over budget.

I wonder if Universal are still hoping to make of a go of it as a franchise given it's production difficulties or whether it's all about damage control from here on in.

I'll likely check it out regardless.

New poster

ripd-poster25oqfi.jpg

It's interesting that Jeff Bridges is the focal point in the poster.

I like Ryan Reynolds on screen but it just seems as though Hollywood has been trying to make him happen for years now and it's just not taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom