• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Race Wars - The best new comedy podcast. NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Links contain NSFW language

yYledyA.jpg

Hilarious, honest and unfiltered, Race Wars with Kurt Metzger and Sherrod Small delivers a brutally funny perspective that can't be found anywhere else. Kurt and Sherrod cut through all the layers of politically correct media spin to deliver hysterical and truthful opinions on social, racial and global topics.

To be fair it is not an entirely new podcast but it has recently been re-released as a Sirius XM show as well so there's a bunch of new buzz around it now.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/racewars
Dailymotion (video podcast version, doesn't get updated as quickly): http://www.dailymotion.com/StandUpNYLabs
Twitter: https://twitter.com/racewarspodcast
Available on any podcast app as well.

Host Kurt Metzger: https://twitter.com/kurtmetzger
Host Sherrod Small: https://twitter.com/sherrod_small

If you are very emotionally invested in your politics then I highly suggest you don't listen. You will get angry. They will talk about something you're very serious about and then shit all over it.

It's a bunch of comedians, not the most versed on highly politicized and sensitive issues arguing passionately. It's a constant mix of 2 parts comedy and 1 part serious.

Occasionally they will even have a ceremony where Sherrod will bestow his penis upon Kurt's shoulder to give him the power to say the actual n-word instead of trying to have a frank race discussion while being forced to keep saying "n-word".
h7AdXzI.jpg

Clip: Race Wars - Kurt and Sherrod take listener comments

Clip: Race Wars - The Knockout Game

Clip: RACE WARS PODCAST {ANIMATED} w/Godfrey, Ari Shaffir - Cosby's Confession

Clip: Race Wars - Tony Danza Gets Mad

Full Episodes:

Their most recent podcast is their funniest yet:
"Drunk Trump" with guests Artie Lange and Ann Coulter (see, I warned you). Audio version
It's a little slow going but once Artie busts out Drunk Trump is funny as hell.

Most recent video version is funny as welll "Fingered By A Sorcerer"

Two tips for safe listening: 1) They're definitely left on political spectrum, they would probably agree with 90% of the politics of the typical "SJW" but just hate the way they go about it. 2) It's a comedy show first and foremost so they will probably spend 20 minutes making fun of something you care very dearly about.

Joe

Not feeling it, kinda boring, lacks grit on their jokes, kinda corny

At least you gave it a shot!

If you are willing to give it one more go, I HIGHLY suggest listening to the entire new episode with Artie Lange and Ann Coulter and just wait until Artie breaks out Drunk Trump and Bill Maher impressions. It's some of the funniest podcast stuff I've ever heard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Gk5R1hHbs

sherrod small is such an unfunny hack
I don't know any of his stand-up but he is a good host on this show, he reigns in all the over-talking and craziness very well.

Joe

Is this is as edgy as they're trying to make is sound? If so I might give it a listen to enjoy cringing at attempts of humor.
They purposely try to draw attention, they get a kick out of the complaints. They put forth the "edgy" aesthetic to goad a particular response and then make fun of it.

At the end of the day it's like any other podcast with comedians hanging out and shooting the shit except their discussions are mostly about current events and race instead of old comedy clubs.

Might give it a try, used to like the Comedy Button until I got tired of their shtick and never ending callbacks to old jokes (geese are assholes!, Yes, I have question, etc.)

Focusing on current events might give it more of a focus than a lot of the comedy podcasts I've tried.

Lazyslob

Banned
They purposely try to draw attention, they get a kick out of the complaints. They put forth the "edgy" aesthetic to goad a particular response and then make fun of it.

At the end of the day it's like any other podcast with comedians hanging out and shooting the shit except their discussions are mostly about current events and race instead of old comedy clubs.

you should listen to legion of skanks then. id say probably funniest podcast right now and self proclaimed "most offensive podcast on earth"

Joe

you should listen to legion of skanks then. id say probably funniest podcast right now and self proclaimed "most offensive podcast on earth"
I do listen to it sometimes because I think Jay is great but I'm not a fan of his co-hosts/regulars. I might have to listen to more of it though.

At least you gave it a shot!

If you are willing to give it one more go, I HIGHLY suggest listening to the entire new episode with Artie Lange and Ann Coulter and just wait until Artie breaks out Drunk Trump and Bill Maher impressions. It's some of the funniest podcast stuff I've ever heard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Gk5R1hHbs

I don't know any of his stand-up but he is a good host on this show, he reigns in all the over-talking and craziness very well.

Had to stop it halfway through. I'm a huge fan of Artie Lange and he really excels on podcasts but I couldn't take the hosts of this show. They sound like amateurs they have no flow, they keep talking over each other. I kept yelling "quit clapping you fucking moron! That's completely distracting and unnecessary on a radio show" The jokes fall flat and how do they even think this is "edgy"? Maybe edgy for a local AM radio station.

Jakoo

I like Race Wars a lot but their recent Sirius XM shows have been a bit lacking. They have way too many guests that all just talk over one another and there is no structure to the show at all.

There have been some awesome episodes of the show though--I think if Kurt and Sherrod has more disapline it could go from being a good to a great show.

Apt101

I'm giving the latest episode a listen and they need to do a few things IMO:

1. Clean it up. It sounds a bit amatuer. Poor audio and too many mouths speaking at once

2. Get some focus. I've had tighter conversations drunk at 2 AM with a table full of other drunks playing poker

They are really funny though. So they got the hardest part of the equation out of the way.

Jakoo

I'm giving the latest episode a listen and they need to do a few things IMO:

1. Clean it up. It sounds a bit amatuer. Poor audio and too many mouths speaking at once

2. Get some focus. I've had tighter conversations drunk at 2 AM with a table full of other drunks playing poker

They are really funny though. So they got the hardest part of the equation out of the way.

Try listening to some of their earlier podcasts, preferably ones with one guest. The one with Bonnie McFarland is so damn funny and it's actually a conversation instead of a edgier Morning Zoo with everyone making constant noises.

Apt101

Try listening to some of their earlier podcasts, preferably ones with one guest. The one with Bonnie McFarland is so damn funny and it's actually a conversation instead of a edgier Morning Zoo with everyone making constant noises.

Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom