• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Race Your PC Thread of Benchmarking to find out who has the fastest PC on GAF!

Red

Tried OCing my gpu a bit more to see if it would bump up my 3DMark scores, will add to this post when the bench completes. Not that it'll be a huge increase but I'm interested.

New score:

P4812 - 1x Vapor-X 5870 - 889/1287/Stock - i7 920@4GHz - 12GB Corsair@667MHz - Asus P6t Deluxe v2 - Crunched - Air - Link

It's reporting my OC correctly now and saying my score is comparable instead of low, so that's good :p

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
gunbo13 said:
Wow a little overlocking vibe here. I wish I wasn't retired. :(

Shit happens when you decide that you would rather benchmark then game...

Just thought I'd share from an ex-addict. Good luck with your scores.

Bud that's Pure awesome

gunbo13

beast786 said:
How about the scores and spec?

;P
Again, I'm retired. It's a really bad hobby to have.

Here's some stuff though. No 3dmark11 so I yell at me if you may.
w32 4sec 657ms with with Core i7 920 at 5111MHz
http://hwbot.org/submission/950677_gunbo13_wprime_32m_core_i7_920_4sec_657ms
150sec 609ms with with Core i7 920 at 5007MHz
http://hwbot.org/submission/950678_gunbo13_wprime_1024m_core_i7_920_150sec_609ms
17129 marks with with GeForce GTX 285 at 895/1400MHz
http://hwbot.org/submission/950679_gunbo13_3dmark_vantage___performance_geforce_gtx_285_17129_marks

I only have fun pics!
1.jpg

gunbo13

n0n44m said:
hehe nice although you could've just opened the window judging by the weather outside ;)

nah I've still got a Prometeia Mach 1 lying around in my room somewhere, bought it when I was young but couldn't really afford the hardware to sacrifice on it so I ended up searching for a more permanent setup... might try to make a water chiller out of it in the future

benchmarking is fun for some hours but building something for everyday use is more rewarding for me =]

is that a cascade or just a really big single-stage?

edit: or is it a chiller?
All commercial phase change units can't handle proper load. They are not tuned for modern hardware, have the risk of dying, and perform terribly overall. And I am the same way, I'm not young enough to want to sink so much money anymore.

All my units were built for 24/7 functionality and they did just that.

Unit 1: Single stage direct die r402a 1 1/4hp. It can hold modern Intel CPUs in the -40 to -50c range under load.
Unit 2: 1 1/4hp heat exchanging chiller. Holds 300w @ -50c for benchmarking runs. It handles one cpu + three video cards with 8 total exchanging loops. The coolant is a mixture of methanol & anti-freeze. The #1 score with 3xGTX480 + 980X ITT would probably hold in the -20c to -30c range. That's a lot of heat to remove. The video cards would have to be volt modded. Could easily get one of the faster WW scores for that video card config.

Happy to see 3dmark on gaf though. Very cool.

Haunted

Alright, + 400 points compared to the first try is enough dabbling with overclocking for now. I'm sure more savvy gamers could squeeze more out of the machine but I'm prone to err on the side of caution.

P4224 - 1x GTX560 898/1024/? - i5 2400K @ 3.3GHz - 8GB G.Skill 9 @ 800 MHz - ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67-M - Haunted - Air - Link

It still says my score is low compared to similar systems even though the graph shows that I'm in the Top 50 of similar systems with 286 similar systems below. >_>

gunbo13

Haunted said:
I also like Futuremark's Benchmark Ticker.

And fuck this guy (fastest system tested).
Kingpin already broke that.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2186527_kingpin_3dmark11___performance_4x_geforce_gtx_580_25470_marks

He's one of the most well known US OC who typically always takes the top 3dmark spot a few months in. He's major in with manufacturers so you kind of have to not even treat it as reachable.

He don't pay for this shit son.
RqA6G.jpg

Top scores in the OC community come from cherry picked hardware, LN2, and a ton of volt modding. I would say the last area of true skill comes from volt modding. Everyone and their grandma can use LN2 these days. So what is left is "luck" from getting good hardware. And sponsored overclockers seem to have much better "luck" then end-users.

The fun with competing in overclocking is left to threads like these. The top overclocking scene is not a lot of fun. Those top scores entail a lot of BS and deserve to be hated so good call Haunted. ;)

Wazzim

Banned
Haunted said:
It still says my score is low compared to similar systems even though the graph shows that I'm in the Top 50 of similar systems with 286 similar systems below. >_>
Isn't the 560 (not TI) 'just' a 460 with high overclock? Seems just fine then, it may just be my CPU overclock that gives me those extra points to beat your score.
(P4341 - GTX460 1GB (850/2030) - 2500K @ 4.6GHz - 4gb DDR3 1066mhz - Asus P8P67-M - Wazzim - Air Link)

comrade

P10397 - 2x 6950 - 950/1350/1.25v - i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 16GB GSKILL DDR3 @ 1600 - Asus P8P67 Pro - comrade - Air - Link

Some nice rigs here on gaf.

Haunted

gunbo13 said:
Kingpin already broke that.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2186527_kingpin_3dmark11___performance_4x_geforce_gtx_580_25470_marks

He's one of the most well known US OC who typically always takes the top 3dmark spot a few months in. He's major in with manufacturers so you kind of have to not even treat it as reachable.

He don't pay for this shit son.

Top scores in the OC community come from cherry picked hardware, LN2, and a ton of volt modding. I would say the last area of true skill comes from volt modding. Everyone and their grandma can use LN2 these days. So what is left is "luck" from getting good hardware. And sponsored overclockers seem to have much better "luck" then end-users.

The fun with competing in overclocking is left to threads like these. The top overclocking scene is not a lot of fun. Those top scores entail a lot of BS and deserve to be hated so good call Haunted. ;)
I had no idea this kind of scene actually existed. A no brainer now that I actually stop and think about it. PC modders/tuners are a competitive bunch.

That's pretty interesting stuff!

Wazzim said:
Isn't the 560 (not TI) 'just' a 460 with high overclock? Seems just fine then, it may just be my CPU overclock that gives me those extra points to beat your score.
(P4341 - GTX460 1GB (850/2030) - 2500K @ 4.6GHz - 4gb DDR3 1066mhz - Asus P8P67-M - Wazzim - Air Link)
I think so. Your CPU is definitely a step up from mine. :)

Terproerg

wow i score very low it seems :( My athalon quad core at 3.6ghz with my 5770 only got me P2587. Cant oc my vid card or cpu more then they are cause of stock coolers. But hey all the parts in the pc are under 500$ lol.
Edit: welp i cant offically post my score due to uh well apprantly ive got a hacked version of 3dmark.

bloodydrake said:
EDIT:
Sorry didn't respond was out last night late .. just ran full 3dmark 11 experience and MSI hardware monitor shows min 45 degrees and max 75degrees for both GPU's An specific thing you want me to run to test it under load for a while to see how hot it gets?

I can probably grab another 6990 this week and bench it in cross fire later this week if you want to see difference from 1 to 2.(just built two identical system for boss this week i'm sure he won't mind)
Thanks, but I've got my own one now :)

irriadin said:
P5715 - 1x 2GB XFX AMD Radeon HD6950 - 900/1375/1.16V - Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz - 16GB DDR3 1866 - ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 - irriadin - Air - Link

EDIT: It seems like AMD cards don't perform as well in 3DMark11 as Nvidia cards. Wonder why that is.

3DMark11 has some series Physics elements and Nvidia cards support that and therefore, what you need to do is check the individual more detailed scores on each of the pages.

If you look there, my 'Graphics' score is one of the highest, if not the highest of all the scores, but my Physics Score is not, therefore my total score doesn't compare to the Dual 580's even though I'm running Trifire for example.

Later on we'll run this using 3DMark06 and we'll crank out some monster scores for fun. 3DMark06 is a good test for pure horsepower, while 3DMark11 is a good test for very modern setups with very modern DX11 effects and is probably more advanced than any games will be in particular at this point in time (even BF3 is going to be more even between the cards I believe). I think Nvidia tunes their drivers to perform better on benchmarks as well... the 580 always beats out the 5970 on these kinds of tests, but in real world it's a much closer affair.

alysonwheel said:
Done. Old post returned.

My new score, after overclocking (GPU-Z thinks the 560's at 918, 3D Mark seems to think 915):

P3383 - nVidia GTX560 1gb (915/2000) - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 3163 MHz - 2x 2048 MB Mushkin 7 @ 400 MHz - Gigabyte P31-DS3L - Link

Well done, that took you up a spot from last to second last on the Nvidia Singles! Good work on the OC. Obviously your CPU is the thing that's holding you back, but in general your score for setup is very good - you aught to be happy with the performance you're getting out of your setup right?

Crunched said:
I just updated to the 11.8 Catalyst drivers. CCC is reading my GPU clock at 870MHz and mem clock at 1250, but these are the 3DMark results:

P4707 - 1x Vapor-X 5870 - 599 MHz/300 MHz/Stock - i7 920@4GHz - 12GB Corsair @ 667 MHz - Asus P6t Deluxe v2 - Crunched - Air - Link

The results seem off, why are my gpu clock speeds in 3DMark way lower than what's shown everywhere else?

The results are about the same as other people with the same setup here so I don't think you have too much to worry about...

Phat Michael said:
Here is Mine

Score:P6437
Stats: ( i dont know all the stuff you guys put in there - its all stock anyway)
1x HD 5970 GPU - Core i7950 CPU @ 3.2Ghz - 6GB Patriot Ram - 1066mhz - Gigabyte X58A-UD3R - Phat Michael -Air

Link: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/21259;jsess...dm11/21259?key=BnJaFrs3pbEVQYVrX70CpQ7mkQyXtv

This was from earlier this year i believe.

Damn you for marking me work *shakes fist* (thankfully it was almost all in the right format anyway)

gunbo13

Haunted said:
I had no idea this kind of scene actually existed. A no brainer now that I actually stop and think about it. PC modders/tuners are a competitive bunch.

That's pretty interesting stuff!
Yes and it is quite a big one. However, you really don't have many true hardcore overclockers. Most of the populous who are "extreme" overclockers are end-users. They buy the phase change units, water cooling kits, torture racks, and push their hardware as far as possible. It leads to sweet rigs but is not really much of a deal regarding the overclocking itself.

The real grit comes from those that dig into overclocking and not stopping at being just an end-user. The areas that come to mind are sponsored overclockers, extreme cooling users / hardware nuts, and sub-zero builders. The sponsored overclockers are usually the ones using custom voltage distributors, soldering resistors, and receiving the top hardware companies like evga, gigabyte, can muster. They are a small bunch and dominate the top rankings at hwbot. You then have the extreme cooling users. These are the guys who make regular trips to coolgas to fill their ln2 dewer. The ones who spend hundreds of dollars on big metal containers and risk injury. Most of the crew I was with fill this spot. Then you have the sub-zero builders. These are the guys I mostly dealt with and they are my favorite bunch. Talking about building triple cascades, evap design, refrigerant choice, pressure balancing, sub-cooling, etc... was a blast. I fit this category in the end more then an extreme cooling users. I found myself spending more time designing sub-zero units then overclocking. ;)

Most of my old buds went on to join the top US overclocking team. Shout outs to them since we started as a group many years ago and they are great guys. All of them nuts are pouring ln2 weekly and moving hardware around like meth dealers. Much respect from a retired OG. :)

I'll drop for now. Just writing a bit for those interested in the crazier overclocking world. Just don't join them. If you are the type who think guys are crazy spending money on these power rigs? Forget about it.

gunbo13 said:
Yes and it is quite a big one. However, you really don't have many true hardcore overclockers. Most of the populous who are "extreme" overclockers are end-users. They buy the phase change units, water cooling kits, torture racks, and push their hardware as far as possible. It leads to sweet rigs but is not really much of a deal regarding the overclocking itself.

The real grit comes from those that dig into overclocking and not stopping at being just an end-user. The areas that come to mind are sponsored overclockers, extreme cooling users / hardware nuts, and sub-zero builders. The sponsored overclockers are usually the ones using custom voltage distributors, soldering resistors, and receiving the top hardware companies like evga, gigabyte, can muster. They are a small bunch and dominate the top rankings at hwbot. You then have the extreme cooling users. These are the guys who make regular trips to coolgas to fill their ln2 dewer. The ones who spend hundreds of dollars on big metal containers and risk injury. Most of the crew I was with fill this spot. Then you have the sub-zero builders. These are the guys I mostly dealt with and they are my favorite bunch. Talking about building triple cascades, evap design, refrigerant choice, pressure balancing, sub-cooling, etc... was a blast. I fit this category in the end more then an extreme cooling users. I found myself spending more time designing sub-zero units then overclocking. ;)

Most of my old buds went on to join the top US overclocking team. Shout outs to them since we started as a group many years ago and they are great guys. All of them nuts are pouring ln2 weekly and moving hardware around like meth dealers. Much respect from a retired OG. :)

I'll drop for now. Just writing a bit for those interested in the crazier overclocking world. Just don't join them. If you are the type who think guys are crazy spending money on these power rigs? Forget about it.

Haha... shout outs to the Australian HWBOT team then :p

I've always had trouble with keeping HW alive for long while using LN2, the 'wet' factor pisses me off, it requires so much effort to keep it dry, and I struggle so much... I haven't done it a lot myself because I can't afford it, but I've been a 'helper' a few times and I struggle bad as a poorer because I have shaky hands...

Nothing quite like seeing what a CPU and GPU is capable of at sub zero temps though.... though it's not as crazy as I expected - I would have thought with unlimited heat would have come unlimited clocks but not so, at least it keeps the heat down :D

I've always wanted to go a phase change system... or some sort of air-conditioning system that feeds air conditioned frozen dry air into my case - when I own my own home when I'm older I will have a setup like that, it will not use the air from my room, it will be plumbed into some sort of refrigeration tower in the garage that keeps the air in the tower at like 4 degrees C and dry without the need for fans. Probably have a glass assembly in the wall that is just like a lid that opens up and has a vent on either side that just blows over it like the air conditioning system for the house (and probably have it run on the air-con system in the house), not run a case, just install the computer in the wall....

One can dream right?

comrade said:
P10397 - 2x 6950 - 950/1350/1.25v - i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz - 16GB GSKILL DDR3 @ 1600 - Asus P8P67 Pro - comrade - Air - Link

Some nice rigs here on gaf.

Indeed there are, that's the point of this thread, to bring them all out of the woodwork... however, the OP is getting full and I'm having trouble squeezing it into the character count :/

Red

ColonialRaptor said:
The results are about the same as other people with the same setup here so I don't think you have too much to worry about...
It was mostly the clock speeds that were off, but on my second (superior!) attempt it all worked out right.

Marco1

Gunbo what do you do with your time now?
Are you still with the PC scene or have you moved on?
Serious OC'ing does appear to be something better to stay away from.

Crunched said:
Tried OCing my gpu a bit more to see if it would bump up my 3DMark scores, will add to this post when the bench completes. Not that it'll be a huge increase but I'm interested.

New score:

P4812 - 1x Vapor-X 5870 - 889/1287/Stock - i7 920@4GHz - 12GB Corsair@667MHz - Asus P6t Deluxe v2 - Crunched - Air - Link

It's reporting my OC correctly now and saying my score is comparable instead of low, so that's good :p

This gave you four spots on the ladder!

Wag

If anyone has questions about my Tri-Crossfire setup feel free to ask. It's definitely not setup specifically for benchmarking- it's just an average gaming system with quality parts. I think I paid ~$1500 for all the parts.

gunbo13

ColonialRaptor said:
Haha... shout outs to the Australian HWBOT team then :p
Pffttt, who are they all the way up there. ;) It's not like nationality means anything on bot though. Teams spread.

ColonialRaptor said:
I've always had trouble with keeping HW alive for long while using LN2, the 'wet' factor pisses me off, it requires so much effort to keep it dry, and I struggle so much... I haven't done it a lot myself because I can't afford it, but I've been a 'helper' a few times and I struggle bad as a poorer because I have shaky hands...
It's not that bad. Using kneaded eraser and insulation requires a bit of artistry.

Here is an example of my work:
6.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Your next step is choice of additional insulation. You'll want proper neoprene tubing and rolled insulation. I buy my neoprene mostly from grainger for the better wall sizing. The flat insulation can be grabbed from home depot. Then you always want to use paper towels. I usually end up with a drops worth of moisture in the end and it only sits on the eraser. Though I have killed a ton of motherboards. ;)

ColonialRaptor said:
Nothing quite like seeing what a CPU and GPU is capable of at sub zero temps though.... though it's not as crazy as I expected - I would have thought with unlimited heat would have come unlimited clocks but not so, at least it keeps the heat down :D
There are massive drop points in cooling. Ambient cooling is water/air and pretty much what everyone here will use. You are fighting to keep your temps close to ambient using fast heat removal. Air is very inefficient but it does work. Hardcore overclockers don't use cases though due to the problems with areas, instead using racks. My computer is sitting on a plexi-glass shelved casing with ZERO walls, ceiling, etc... Careful of them shady fans cuz they will cut you. Water is the step up in efficiency but doesn't use crazy ideology. You just move the heat faster to the rad and that's the game.

The next drop point is in the sub-zero area. This is the single stage point of in the -20 to -30c range. You will see massive gains from the sub-cooling. Dropping temperature lowers electrical resistance allowing improved flow of the current. This is not a game of heat but electricity. You then do not see much gains until ln2 territory. LN2 moves into the idea of superconductivity where the resistance is almost non-existent.

Truthfully a low power single stage unit is the sweet spot. If you can hold load around -20c you will have a rocking PC. You won't break records but it is the best spot. The -50c to -100 range never sees massive spikes. However, all of these things can be killed by cold bugs and bad chips which refuse what you give them. It is all about a shit-ton of luck and a lot of pain.

ColonialRaptor said:
I've always wanted to go a phase change system... or some sort of air-conditioning system that feeds air conditioned frozen dry air into my case - when I own my own home when I'm older I will have a setup like that, it will not use the air from my room, it will be plumbed into some sort of refrigeration tower in the garage that keeps the air in the tower at like 4 degrees C and dry without the need for fans. Probably have a glass assembly in the wall that is just like a lid that opens up and has a vent on either side that just blows over it like the air conditioning system for the house (and probably have it run on the air-con system in the house), not run a case, just install the computer in the wall....

One can dream right?
That's a chillbox. I built three of them and still have one. I know a shitload of tricks to building a proper one. I never killed one piece of hardware and usually ran the boxes @ -25 to -40c. If you just want an above freezing box you thermostat your gear. If you want to go sub-zero then you are talking a crazy ballgame, yet a fun one. You might want to give me a shout when you are thinking of doing it. ;)

Here's an abandoned one that used a small condensing unit to do triple evaporation.
qojjP.jpg

Two evaporators on the CPU/GPU and an evap coil in the back doing the air cooling. It never lived... *cries*

Hawk269

Wag said:
If anyone has questions about my Tri-Crossfire setup feel free to ask. It's definitely not setup specifically for benchmarking- it's just an average gaming system with quality parts. I think I paid ~$1500 for all the parts.

A 3 Crossfire setup and you call that "just an average gaming system". I would say you are above average pal! lol.

Salaadin

Wow at some of your guys rigs. Might as well get mine in here:

P4026 - 1x ATI Radeon HD5850 760/1125 stock voltage - Intel Core i5-750 @ 3465 MHz - 8912 MB DDR3 RAM @ 1320 MHz - Gigabyte P55 UD4P - Link

seldead

1x 5850 724/1000 MHz (stock) - 2500K @ 4.3GHz - 8gigs G.Skill 1333MHz - ASRock P67 Pro3 - seldead - cooler master hyper 212+ cooler - Link

A smidge lower than i expected but i suppose thats the stock 5850 bringing me down mostly.
EDIT: forgot to put score down P3699

gunbo13

Marco1 said:
Gunbo what do you do with your time now?
Are you still with the PC scene or have you moved on?
Serious OC'ing does appear to be something better to stay away from.
Other stuff I guess. I hang out with friends, climb, exercise, anime, manga, and DMC ;) these days.

I'm definitely retired. My team had the choice of remaining with our brand or merging. I didn't want to merge but they went for it. We parted on mostly good terms though and that was my retirement day. But it was for the best. You spend thousands of dollars doing this stuff and the only reward is the bot game. However, you meet a lot of people and make a ton of friends. You organize get tog-ethers and communicate daily. So the people make the game fun along with the competition.

I wouldn't say to stay away from it necessarily. You learn a ton. I would've never thought I could design refrigeration systems years ago. Or would I be able to discuss thermal properties of computer components like a damn engineer. I wouldn't trade that knowledge these days for anything so I'm not bitter. But if you go that route, it is an INVESTMENT OF A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME. If you have the money and the passion, I say go for it.

But this is gaf. And every serious overclocker I know basically stops gaming, myself included. Most of the time our top hardware is lying on a table or insulated for sub-zero. You can't play many games without video cards. And if we fire it up, we usually were running 3dmark for hours on end tweaking instead of enjoying the latest top of the line tri-sli setup. So I would say this would be like gaf-poison. lol

Never-mind, everybody go for it. lol

seldead said:
1x 5850 724/1000 MHz (stock) - 2500K @ 4.3GHz - 8gigs G.Skill 1333MHz - ASRock P67 Pro3 - seldead - cooler master hyper 212+ cooler - Link

A smidge lower than i expected but i suppose thats the stock 5850 bringing me down mostly.

You didn't post your score here :p

3699. pretty good.

seldead

ColonialRaptor said:
You didn't post your score here :p

3699. pretty good.

hah just realised that woops.
//running the test again with my card maxed out in CCC gives me 3948 which seems a bit more fair and is plenty stable, but I don't run it at that normally so they aint the scores

Wag

Hawk269 said:
A 3 Crossfire setup and you call that "just an average gaming system". I would say you are above average pal! lol.
Maybe so, but I think people get the impression that they need to water-cool or do something special or pay a fortune to get fast speeds, and that just isn't the case. Everything I used was stock, with the exception of the CPU heatsync which is a cheap Hyper 212+ in push/pull config (an extra $5 fan).

My setup can run stable @ >5GHz but it would be unfair to bench at that speed as I don't normally game that way.

Just updated the ladder again... I've done my best, but with each day, adding 20 new entries to the ladder is becoming difficult for me to keep my eyes straight while adding everyone in.

So please call out any mistakes you see... I'm doing my best guys!! Harder than I thought lol.

Looks like I'll be spending two hours every morning updating the ladder.... wowzers. I'm only going to update the ladder once per day as well, rather than sit here updating each entry as they come, makes it a bit less work for me.

So this is the ladder update for today, any entries after this post will be added tomorrow.

Please if people could post their short link as well - in the 3D Mark 11 link there is a URL,

it will have a 3dm11/ seven numbers then ? and a bunch of code, please delete everything after and including the ?

It should look like this h t t p://3dmark.com/3dm11/1880972 obviously without the spaces in HTTP.

Some very good results came through over night, also some very similar results between very different setups. I underlined a patch where there are three setups with almost exactly the same scores but with VERY different setups, very interesting to look at all three of those.

I'm also about to ad something else to the ladder which you will all notice in about 25 minutes to 30 minutes, gimme a bit but I think you'll all like it.

What am I going to do when the ladder is too big to fit into a single post? Split it into 50s or 100s? I guess...

My score seems low and 3Dmark is not reading the overclock on my CPU (It should be 4.4)? Do I need to enable something?

P6149 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - I7 2600k @ 3392 MHz - 2 x 4096 MB G.Skill 9 @ 667 MHz -Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4 - Air

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1886519

It tells me my score is low for my system and I should be targeting P6900

P8751 - 2x 5870 900/1300/stock - i7 920 @ 4009 MHz - 2x 2048 MB Corsair @ 667 MHz - ASUS P6TD Deluxe - IcyBlueStrawberry - Air/H70 - Link

Just using CCC's overdrive settings for GPU clocks. I could probably get close to 9000 if I brought my CPU back up to 4.2 and OC'd my GPUs with Afterburner, but meh.

Pachael

P5013 - AMD Radeon 6950 Stock - Core i5 2500k@4.3 - 16G@667 - Asus P8P67 - Pachael - Air - Link

Didn't go the OC in CCC though, I'd figure it'd push it up a couple hundred.

Hawk269

Anyone wanting to break their score, I have a eVGA GTX-580 1.5gb GPU for sale. It is only 4 months old, has the box, instructions and all cables. It is registered with eVGA and includes a lifetime warranty that I would be willing to help use if the purchaser ever needs to use the warranty.

PM me if you are interested.

mr2xxx

Banned
P6429 - 1x EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - (858/1716/2044) 1.063 mV - Intel Core i7-950 @ 3662 MHz 1.247 V 6144 MB - EVGA 132-BL-E758- MR2xxx - AIR
Link

Smokey

ColonialRaptor said:
Just updated the ladder again... I've done my best, but with each day, adding 20 new entries to the ladder is becoming difficult for me to keep my eyes straight while adding everyone in.

So please call out any mistakes you see... I'm doing my best guys!! Harder than I thought lol.

Looks like I'll be spending two hours every morning updating the ladder.... wowzers. I'm only going to update the ladder once per day as well, rather than sit here updating each entry as they come, makes it a bit less work for me.

So this is the ladder update for today, any entries after this post will be added tomorrow.

Please if people could post their short link as well - in the 3D Mark 11 link there is a URL,

it will have a 3dm11/ seven numbers then ? and a bunch of code, please delete everything after and including the ?

It should look like this h t t p://3dmark.com/3dm11/1880972 obviously without the spaces in HTTP.

Some very good results came through over night, also some very similar results between very different setups. I underlined a patch where there are three setups with almost exactly the same scores but with VERY different setups, very interesting to look at all three of those.

I'm also about to ad something else to the ladder which you will all notice in about 25 minutes to 30 minutes, gimme a bit but I think you'll all like it.

What am I going to do when the ladder is too big to fit into a single post? Split it into 50s or 100s? I guess...

Once the title was changed it was off to the races :p.

I feel like I could catch Hawk, but I'll settle for being in top 5 rather than top 3 :)

So this is all interesting! Am I the only one comparing the relative power of these graphics cards... my old configuration is roughly comparable to a 570 with an i-7... yay! and i haven't even done any major overclocking on my cpu or Graphics card... I dialed it down so i could go for long sessions without worry. (self proclaimed worry wart).

Any other surprises that anyone has found by reading the data??

Smokey

ColonialRaptor said:
Indeed.

I have added in rankings now.

What does "Ranked GTX420X2" mean?

Johnny2Bags said:
So this is all interesting! Am I the only one comparing the relative power of these graphics cards... my old configuration is roughly comparable to a 570 with an i-7... yay! and i haven't even done any major overclocking on my cpu or Graphics card... I dialed it down so i could go for long sessions without worry. (self proclaimed worry wart).

Any other surprises that anyone has found by reading the data??

Nvidia's are faster/better performing cards.

:)

beast786

ColonialRaptor said:
Indeed.

I have added in rankings now.

I would recommend leaving the ladder size to 75. That way you won't have to spend time daily, space problems. And it will give people a target to qualify if they are just outside.

makes more sense for a long term.

Great. Job BTW

Smokey

beast786 said:
I would recommend leaving the ladder size to 75. That way you won't have to spend time daily, space problems. And it will give people a target to qualify if they are just outside.

Great. Job BTW

Agreed.

In the future, I will spend more on a motherboard. Didn't think about it too much at the time, but a better mobo would've gave me more PCI lanes etc.

Oh well, I'll have to be content with "just" SLI. I originally was going to buy 2 590s for Quad-SLI, but I'm glad I didn't and went with 2 580s.

Para bailar La Bomba said:
Why is the link in the OP removed? I want in.

Fixed. Dunno how it disappeared!

Smokey said:
What does "Ranked GTX420X2" mean?

Typing error... oops.

Smokey said:
Nvidia's are faster/better performing cards.

:)

At 3D Mark 11 anyway :p

beast786 said:

Great. Job BTW

Smokey said:

Yep, good idea, I'll leave it to 75 and you have to make it into the 75 mark to qualify.

Hawk269

Smokey said:
Agreed.

In the future, I will spend more on a motherboard. Didn't think about it too much at the time, but a better mobo would've gave me more PCI lanes etc.

Oh well, I'll have to be content with "just" SLI. I originally was going to buy 2 590s for Quad-SLI, but I'm glad I didn't and went with 2 580s.

Uh...you are already planning another build arent you Smokey??? Let see a 2700k or Ivy Bridge??? lol. This is an expensive hobby, but alot of fun as well. I have also thought that the next build will have to have more thought into the MB as well. My board is nice, but the way it is designed I can do 3 way SLI, but spacing between card 2&3 would be insanley too close. It seems like an enthusiasts MB would be the best route...of course, when the new cards come out next year, who knows how much power they will have...we may not need more than one card...you never know.

Smokey

Hawk269 said:
Uh...you are already planning another build arent you Smokey??? Let see a 2700k or Ivy Bridge??? lol. This is an expensive hobby, but alot of fun as well. I have also thought that the next build will have to have more thought into the MB as well. My board is nice, but the way it is designed I can do 3 way SLI, but spacing between card 2&3 would be insanley too close. It seems like an enthusiasts MB would be the best route...of course, when the new cards come out next year, who knows how much power they will have...we may not need more than one card...you never know.

Hell no.

This will be my build for awhile. I may skip the next round of Nvidia cards. At least until there are custom solutions out like the Lightnings, Asus etc. Won't ever buy a reference card.

I will probably add an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, and that'll just about wrap up all that I can do with my build.

I was feeling a bit inadequate looking at my ranking but then I saw that I had the highest ranked 5850!

Thanks for the proverbial pat on the back ColonialRaptor

Top Bottom