• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rage 2 will run at 60fps on enhanced consoles, 30fps on base consoles

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
With that polygon example, I meant the geometrical quality of a model. Technically the higher one is better quality than a lower one but at a certain distance, they will look the same (not talking about simple flat surface models like a cube). Similar to resolutions, at certain distance 1080p image quality will start to look the same as 4K on the same screen but 4K technically has better image quality right?

That’s what real-time subdivision is about, and you will see it a lot more in the coming years.

As for 4k, screens get bigger and clarity is always important.

But I’ll say again: frame rate is king.

nikolino840

What is this obsession with 4k in the first place? I see it as super expensive anti-aliasing (more pixels on the edges). It offers nothing significant visually but destroys performance.
Becouse Is Better with big televisions...Who choose a 24" if have the possibilty to buy a 55"? And more bigger Is the TV and more Is the upscale....so...i like big TV since i was Little :D

angelic

Banned
Pretty much every single FPS game from the time was 30FPS from little to massive dips, trust me, RAGE was a big achievement, performance-wise.

I agree, but I also think the xenon and cell processors had more headroom to perform well. Rage running at 60fps was a miracle.

As I said on the other place, it’s terrible. We should be getting more OPTIONS, not forcing people into one. There’s no reason to not include a 4k/30 mode in addition to this, as well as an FOV slider, which should be mandatory in ALL FPS games.

However the dev and their own in-house engine leaves me worried, as this isn’t id software or id tech.

I agree. It just went from “day one” to “maybe on sale eventually” for me.

Nice to see this, they should have aimed for 60fps for HZD, Gow, UC4 and the last of us 2, all AAA games should be 60 on the Pro, perhaps on the base too with less graphics details, if thats possible.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nice to see this, they should have aimed for 60fps for HZD, Gow, UC4 and the last of us 2, all AAA games should be 60 on the Pro, perhaps on the base too with less graphics details, if thats possible.
Here' hoping next gen systems means devs will do more options. Even just two options like high perf/lower graphics and vice versa is good enough.

I don't see too many console gamers wanting endless sliders like a PC game, but if devs can give consoles a few options that would be great.

If they are willing to do a million PC configs, surely they can figure out to do two for each console.

Top Bottom