• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

WOAH at the texture loading, even when looking around slowly. Screen tearing a bunch too.

No options except for resolution and AA settings.

BAD first impression.

pakkit

Banned
So I guess it really IS like Borderlands, but with more scripted encounters.

Whatever the case may be, I'm downloading it now on to my Xbox. It was pretty much all NBA 2k12 guys for the midnight launch at Gamestop, and then a few for Dark Souls, and then me for Rage.

Gvaz

Banned
xtrasauce said:
GUYS, DON'T READ THE 1UP REVIEW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE AN ARKHAM CITY SPOILER TO THE RIGHT OF THE ARTICLE.

fuck you 1up
It sounds like something that happens in the start of the game....and they've advertised
him
too much with the game for it to be a permanent thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lets not try and pep up your favorite game getting a couple unfavorable reviews by bringing down other games, please. That's GameFAQs level posting there

Peterthumpa

NullPointer said:
WOAH at the texture loading, even when looking around slowly. Screen tearing a bunch too.

BAD first impression.
You gotta be kidding me. Even on PC? Specs?

Biggie

JohngPR said:
Joystiq: Rage Review

"Written by Arthur Gies"

*closes tab*

Not being a jerk, my opinions are never in line with what he likes so there's no point in reading his review.

I feel the exact same way, I'm not sure what gaming planet he lives on but it is not the same one I'm on.

Grinchy

Banned
I cannot wait for people to start posting their PC screenshots! I find this game gorgeous in a purposely ugly way.

Smash88 said:
I'm not a fan of the not being able to choose my own graphic settings for this game. I'll pass until someone makes a mod for this game so I can choose max settings.

....There are no graphics settings in this?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
NullPointer said:

BAD first impression.

Same here on a Radeon 5870.

This shit is awful. The textures in the distance don't even load, and I'm getting some weird-ass flickering problem.

Fuck me for hoping that id would come through on this.

Grayman

so what is the arkam city spoiler. I haven't seen it but I assume it is something like revealing a character such as the joker?

I want rage now :( RAAAAAGE. maybe I can play some tomorrow.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Zefah said:
Same here on a Radeon 5870.

This shit is awful. The textures in the distance don't even load, and I'm getting some weird-ass flickering problem.

Fuck me for hoping that id would come through on this.
Great, I have the same card. Did you download the new ATI Rage drivers?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Grayman said:
so what is the arkam city spoiler. I haven't seen it but I assume it is something like revealing a character such as the joker?

I want rage now :( RAAAAAGE. maybe I can play some tomorrow.
Its an event early in the game that seems like a much larger spoiler than it probably is.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow texture pop in is awful on PC. Framerate was all over the place too.

i7 950, 12 GB RAM, Radeon 5870 GPU. I guess I know why ATI is releasing Rage specific drivers soon.

First impressions on PC (I mean, like 10 minutes into game):

- No graphics options except rez, AA, and GPU transcoding

- Had GPU Trans on at first and had shit ton of frame drops (SLI GTX 580), so turned it off

- Solid 60 FPS, looks gorgeous

- Screen tearing like a bitch

- Texture pop-in when turning

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mutagenic said:
Great, I have the same card. Did you download the new ATI Rage drivers?

I installed some drivers on an auto update this morning, but I'll check to be sure.

This sucks.

Saren is Bad said:
First impressions on PC (I mean, like 10 minutes into game):

- No graphics options except rez, AA, and GPU transcoding

- Had GPU Trans on at first and had shit ton of frame drops (SLI GTX 580), so turned it off

- Solid 60 FPS, looks gorgeous

- Screen tearing like a bitch

- Texture pop-in when turning

Have you tried using D3DOverrider to force triple buffering? And what is GPU Transcoding?

Grinchy

Banned
Sinatar said:
Wow texture pop in is awful on PC. Framerate was all over the place too.

i7 950, 12 GB RAM, Radeon 5870 GPU. I guess I know why ATI is releasing Rage specific drivers soon.
holy shit!

I really hope this is because of drivers...

burgerdog

Holy shit!!!!! Astronomical amount of texture pop-in and tearing and I'm getting 20fps @ 1080p with an e8400 / 6870. Haha, owned. Should have bought for 360.

Get console version, don't have to worry about "oh god can my system run it, whats all this screen tearing do I have the right drivers installed" and other bullshit

yhp2V.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
MisterAnderson said:
Have you tried using D3DOverrider to force triple buffering? And what is GPU Transcoding?

It's OpenGL, D3DOverrider as it's name suggests only works on D3D.

Derrick01

Banned
For the PC people with screen tearing, do any of you have d3doverrider? If it's tearing with that then we've got a problem, since I downloaded that like 8 months ago I've never had a tearing problem and never had to turn Vsync on.

edit: nvm I guess, bad news is bad :(

Salsa

Deadbeat said:
I told you people. Brink 2.0. They didnt show the PC version for a reason.

there is 0 reason to compare this to brink?

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Get console version, don't have to worry about "oh god can my system run it, whats all this screen tearing do I have the right drivers installed" and other bullshit

yhp2V.gif

bwahaha

AwRy108

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Lets not try and pep up your favorite game getting a couple unfavorable reviews by bringing down other games, please. That's GameFAQs level posting there

Good point, sorry 'bout that.

MisterAnderson said:
Maybe it has Xfire issues?
Maybe. Might make a custom profile in RadeonPro and see what I can do here.

But right now:

* 30-35 fps
* Lots of texture loading at the edges
* Lots of flickering and some tearing
* Any time I change settings in the menu the screen goes black. Goes back to normal if I alt-tab out and then back in again.

This is literally the very first area in the game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LeonSKennedy90 said:

yhp2V.gif

This kind of worry has all but disappeared in modern PC gaming. I haven't had a problem with any game since 2007 or so.

I can't believe this shit is happening with a game from id of all companies.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
bloodforge said:
Anybody else's game glitching like mad? I keep getting parts of the level blacking out.

Yep. I stopped playing because of it within 3 minutes of entering the game.

The flickering, texture load (or rather failure to load) and screen tearing bothered the shit out of me.

The framerate was smooth at least.

Top Bottom