• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Voror

Finished the campaign and wrapped up all trophies except Toe into Madness. And fuck this trophy. I'm not that good at shooters but this is driving me bonkers though thankfully serving to distract.

I've decided just to use the glitch but I've only been able to make it past the first area once. Fucking imps are just such a pain in the ass.

Edit: Jesus christ. I was on my way and then I accidentally threw a grenade and blew myself up. I just want to be done.

aY227

except Toe into Madness. And fuck this trophy. I'm not that good at shooters .

Not that hard... but nightmare is a LITTLE broken. It may be fun after 2 or 3 levels with 100% upgrades), but UAC is irritating :/

ultra-violence is too easy / nightmare is too hard
Meh...

The game is a blast but I feel it goes on for a bit too long. I'm almost at the end and I'm ready for it to be over. Arena after arena of the same enemies I've already fought dozens of times is getting repetitive.
I've also fallen through the floor while doing melee finishers more times than I'd like.
Minor conplaints though, the game is awesome.

The game is a blast but I feel it goes on for a bit too long. I'm almost at the end and I'm ready for it to be over. Arena after arena of the same enemies I've already fought dozens of times is getting repetitive.
I've also fallen through the floor while doing melee finishers more times than I'd like.
Minor conplaints though, the game is awesome.

Yup this is how I felt towards the end. The last level especially. I couldnt wait until it was over.

Overall I loved this game. Solid world building and lore as well and I hope there are few more sequels. Doom Marine is the most badass mofo in this galaxy.

Been replaying all the missions on ultra violence with all my unlocked stuff, and it's a lot more fun the second time around when you have all your tools to play with. The difficulty is pretty trivial though with all your upgrades until the final few missions, I remember I started the game on ultra-violence and had to turn it down because I'd die so often in the bigger encounters.

What the fuck is the name of the battle song during the last level (not the end of it, but during the big fights)? Doesn't sound like BFG Division or Rip & Tear. It has the metal parts with Mick Gordon but I'm not entirely sure...

EDIT: I think it might be SkullHacker. Or Flesh and Metal.

Has anyone heard anything about continued support for this? I know there's one more Multiplayer DLC. Any ETA on that or word of free updates, etc? Been quiet since Hell Followed a month ago, and now in the Eastern US at night I can no longer find full MP lobbies with any regularity.

Just completed the game, and I absolutely loved it. Definite contender for my personal GOTY.

Only issue, I got fucked by one of the glitches Trophies (PS4). I completed all of the Challenges, but I never got the Trophy for it. Looking in Mission Select, it says I am missing Dead Man Stalking. I know I completed this, I made sure I finished everything before exiting a level, and I also got every single Praetor Token available too.

The latest patch says it fixed it, maybe not retroactively though.

Sequel. All DLC is for multiplayer, don't buy the season pass.

ZzIYkGu.gif

Good, good.

Effect

How does the multiplayer DLC work? Do you simply don't have access to pick the new content but you still see other people use it? Or are you not matched with those that have the DLC?

Edit:

Think I found my answer.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/29/yo...irst-multiplayer-dlc-even-if-you-dont-own-it/

If you are in the party with someone and they have you'll be fine and won't be kicked. I assume though if you are solo and the map comes up you'll be kicked or at least be put in another lobby?

Ixion

How does the multiplayer DLC work? Do you simply don't have access to pick the new content but you still see other people use it? Or are you not matched with those that have the DLC?

Edit:

Think I found my answer.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/29/yo...irst-multiplayer-dlc-even-if-you-dont-own-it/

If you are in the party with someone and they have you'll be fine and won't be kicked. I assume though if you are solo and the map comes up you'll be kicked or at least be put in another lobby?

I haven't bought the new maps and I've never joined a party, but I've been playing the new maps occasionally. I guess everyone in the lobby can play the DLC maps as long as someone in the lobby bought the DLC. Pretty awesome.

SlickVic

Any chance Doom gets a Pro patch on PS4? I bought this and shadow of mordor for $15 after using my $10 credit.

No one knows. They haven't come out and said anything either way. Wouldn't really surprise anyone if it never happens, but then again, they could announce it one day out of the blue. Personally, I'm holding out a few more weeks to see if a patch miraculously appears during the holdays, otherwise I'm just diving into it at that point. Seems the game already looked and ran pretty well on base PS4.

Ixion

I'm enjoying SnapMap a lot these days. The recent update made things a lot more interesting, and I like that the annoying hit feedback sound has been removed.

If anyone is looking for a good SnapMap campaign, I recommend the 4-level "Tormented Souls" campaign by Bloodshot. They have a lot of custom geometry, and they're well paced.

Part 1:
Quantum Hazard - MQ6NU6PF

Part 2:
Server Maintenance - 4HVWTBG2

Part 3:
Well of the Scorned - LF6RPAFH

Part 4:
The Stygian Cathedral - WJ3VTBEY

Yousefb

I have an ACER Predator gaming laptop with NVIDIA gtx970m. I downloaded DOOM a while ago and have been able to play the game on ultra settings with no issues. Slight hiccups here and there but it mostly stays consistent. However, recently the game has been bugging out and I can't seem to figure out why. Sometimes it is as soon as I start the game whereas others times it'll happen in the middle of my session. For example, I'll select continue game from main menu and soon as it boots up it is basically a stuttering slide show. The only working solution is to exit the game and launch again. Usually that does the trick. However, I'll be playing and everything is going fine until I get killed. Now when I restart from checkpoint the game is slow again! What gives? Again the only solution is to exit the whole game. But obviously that's extremely frustrating. I don't understand because initially I had zero issues. I think I made it 70% through the campaign with no problems but now this is always happening. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? And how can I fix it? Something I did notice that may help is that every time I exit the game, I'll see on my library that DOOM is downloading something (I guess an update file?). Is it possible that whenever the slowdowns happen the game is updating or re-downloading in the background?

I really appreciate anyone that can help out cause this is such an amazing game and I'm so bummed that after making this much progress I'm suddenly having issues.

Burt

I've been pretty down on single-player shooters since I played Wolfenstein and didn't really like it - I enjoyed the story and respected the quality, but the actual gameplay of a linear first-person shooter just doesn't seem like it's for me anymore.

But then I watched The Game Awards tonight, and then I went in on the DOOM OST

and then this popped up while I had it in the background

and now I might have to make a poor purchasing decision when the winter sale rolls around on Steam.

fuck you, my ear drums

LoveCake

I played the Multiplayer BETA when it was released and like many others I didn't like it, the single player is supposed to be very good? I am not interested in the multiplayer but I have seen this now for £15 and this is a price where I consider it to be disposable, is the single player worth £15 and how long is the campaign in this?

Getting this on PS4.

wwm0nkey

I played the Multiplayer BETA when it was released and like many others I didn't like it, the single player is supposed to be very good? I am not interested in the multiplayer but I have seen this now for £15 and this is a price where I consider it to be disposable, is the single player worth £15 and how long is the campaign in this?

Getting this on PS4.
I thought the SP was worth release price, incredible campaign mode with good replay value, amazing reply value after they added Arcade mode in

LoveCake

I thought the SP was worth release price, incredible campaign mode with good replay value, amazing reply value after they added Arcade mode in

Ok thank you, the Arcade mode, is that free DLC or do I need the Season Pass (wasn't going to buy the Pass).

Type_Raver

After seeing the soundtrack win an award at the game awards and hearing it live, I though i must get this!
So I recently bought Doom on sale at my local EB on PC, and installed it from disc, which was on 7GB of the data. Then the rest was downloaded off Steam, all 60GB of it!! [Hey publishers, would love a Bluray disk option].

For starters, the textures are better than what they are on the Demo even when maxed! Im guessing the demo didnt house the highest textures to limit the file size. So I planned to just rush through it, only to learn there are hidden secrets in the game... Oh man, that is my Achilles' heel! Now im playing this game like Zelda trying to find every secret, nook and cranny! However is has paid off so far, in the 2nd level i found a room which resembles the graphics of the original doom! Thats just awesome, it makes searching all worthwhile.
Also, I found the chainsaw but as soon as i changed weapons, i lost it!?

Now, i'll be playing it at a slower and more deliberate pace, I'm hanging to see what else there is.

You press the chainsaw key to switch to the chainsaw, then I think you can press it again to go back to whatever you were using last. It's not in the weapon wheel, you just hit the chainsaw button anytime to get to it. It uses fuel though, and tougher enemies take more fuel to kill. Killing an enemy with the chainsaw guarantees they drop ammo. (And maybe health? I can't remember.)

So im a few hours in and need a few tips on upgrading my weapons and suit.
So far I've upgraded my shotgun with explosive shots and my assault rifle with missiles. I've also upgraded my suit for recharging grenades faster or whatever that one is.
Should I stop upgrading some of these and change them or focus on something else? I don't want to waste points.

Also, how useful is the suit upgrade for finding secrets? I'm missing most of them.

KalBalboa

Banned
So what's with this 1.09 patch on PS4?

Just booted up my PlayStation and saw I was "preparing to download" a patch. Can't find any notes on it online.

Edit: 15 gigs.

KalBalboa

Banned
Looks like free update 5:

Today we are releasing Free Update 5, delivering even more of your top-requested features for DOOM. (We anticipate the update will be available at 12pm ET. Servers will be offline during the maintenance window and will reopen at approximately 4pm ET.)

Read on for the full list of fixes, improvements and features for Free Update 5.

Free Update 5 Release Notes

Multiplayer
Added new game mode, Infernal Run
Teams fight to obtain the ball and score in the opponent’s goal
Added Bots for multiplayer
Bots are available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes
Increased the maximum level cap to Echelon 11, level 50
Added the DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit) as unlockable perk for achieving maximum multiplayer level cap
Resolved an issue where rapid controller input caused unusually high shotgun damage.

SnapMap
You can now play as the DOOM Marine in Praetor Suit Armor
Added over 30 Lazarus Lab–themed modules
Added Lazarus Lab–themed props
Improved Object Limits
Persistent Integer variables that can be passed between missions within a campaign
Save and restore your health/armor/ammo/weapons/equipment/max weapon slots/inventory
Added the ability to Get and Set Score
You can now access the Leaderboard Score in the HUD
Added new (first-person view) Player Camera Entity
Added camera rumble FX and sounds
Added new player modifiers
Ledge grab time, power-up time, barrel damage, equipment cool down
Plasma weapon mastery
Additional single-player Interactables
New single-player styled Objective HUD
Added single-player Compass
General single-player consistency pass on HUD
Added more POI options
Show distance, show on compass
Updated victory and post-match summary screens
More interactable and customizable GUI
Added animated Echo Events
Added new FX/hazards
Added % encounter complete listener to encounters
Ability to remove AI from finished encounters and events
Ability to remove unspawned AI from the AIC
Added ability to turn off bobbing on pickups to place them however you want
Editor improvement to hide/show types of objects
Editor improvement to lock rotation when moving objects
Editor improvement to disable snapping of objects to the floor
Added armor Customizations and Taunts

I just hopped back into my completed game to do a sort of new game + playthrough. Do checkpoint saves not allow you to continue where you left off if you exit a level before finishing it?

I was like 30 minutes into the foundry and turned it off to take a break. Went back and the "Continue Game" option was greyed out.

Adobe

I just downloaded DOOM on ps4(sale) Right after downloading 20 gb of the game I could play the game. But there are no voice sounds in the game. Is this normal? should I wait for the 70 gb to complete or is this a bug?

I got the game on xbox one and performance is rough, the game constantly freezes (I suppose it is because its loading new AI or new parts of the map). The issue remains even after restarting the console. Does the Xbox version have performance issues or it may be another thing?

Chinbo37

So I beat DOOM yesterday on the normal difficulty.

Fucking awesome game.

While I am tempted to play it again at a harder difficulty the game was a killer on my 250 GB SSD, so I ended up deleting it for now.

When will single player DLC be released?

I got the game on xbox one and performance is rough, the game constantly freezes (I suppose it is because its loading new AI or new parts of the map). The issue remains even after restarting the console. Does the Xbox version have performance issues or it may be another thing?
Ran smooth as butter on my Xbone. Have you done a hard reset or reinstalled the game?

Top Bottom