• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace coming to PS3/Vita

This week’s Famitsu contains a new announcement for the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, according to the magazine, will be hitting both platforms this summer. The title launches in Japan on July 11 for 4,935 yen.

Technically, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace isn’t a new game. It’s more of a follow-up to the PS Vita title Ragnarok Odyssey. New story elements will be included, and it will contain all previous downloadable quests released on the Vita.
Announced via Famitsu

Expansion pack.

salromano

Full deats on these prelim leaks:

• It is based on the original game, but is completely reworked.
  • It has a new episode set after the original game's ending.
  • It includes all the DLC quests from the original game.

Holmes

I would like this to come out in English but I doubt XSEED will bring another version of the game over. Hopefully the Asian version will have English text again. And hopefully some new jobs? Or a less grindy way to get the skill cards you want. It's a fun game to plow through multiplayer but a bit tedious singleplayer. That's what I would say to those who haven't played the original.

ZeroAKA

So it probably won't be DLC to the original game then? I can't justify buying this game again even it gets localized.

BadWolf

Sounds like an update ala God Eater>God Eater Burst

LuuKyK

The official website is up: http://ace.gungho.jp/index.html

Judging from the mini-screenshots, RO Ace definitely looks different from the original. I wonder if the original RO save files can be imported into this game...

Didnt know Princess Peach was a playable character. Interesting.

I notice it just lists Vita there... I saw the scans and it was definitely PS3/Vita. Either someone dun goofed, or Gungho's doing a staggered launch.

Huh, thats weird.

Emitan

was a fun game until it turned into "kill 100 of this reskinned enemy to beat this quest" and then "kill 80 of them but now they're blue"

nikos

Held off on getting RO. Was thinking about finally picking it up, but I'll probably wait for this update.

Orca

Is Odyssey out in North America? I tried the demo a while ago but I don't think I've seen it in stores.

rockx4

I hope this is available as a DLC. If not I'll probably hold off on any digital versions on possible "upgraded" re-releases since I won't even be able to sell it off to offset a repurchase.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Had fun with the original Vita version, but I will not be buying this.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw game finally got a releae date. August 28th in Japan.

I think I might give it a shot and will have my fingers crossed they fixed all the stuff that pissed me off with the original, which had caused me to wind up selling it.

The PS3 version is listed as being released on February 18th still at Amazon, but I've heard nothing about the game in ages. Is that legit?

Top Bottom