• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I can't update this??? Anyone else get this problem? I have over 20 GB available, keeps getting to 3% preparing and then errors.

Edit: holy shit this update is over 20 gigs? I deleted madden for it and it's now working...

I was just coming here to post this :lol

I was wondering WHY the drones were able to jump over my jammer. I was like.... WTF?

Yeah Ive been like 'Huh, better at this than I thought!' alas. Hope the PS4 season pass is on sale again soon, kicking myself for not getting it since now there's worthwhile things to spend renown on other than new operators.

Reddit posted a possible leak for next DLC map:

OJNcSOX.jpg

Season 2 Pro League racer/gold skin sets available soon.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The only trophy I'm missing is the camper trophy, which is to complete 100 defend missions in terrorist hunt and I'm pretty sure I've completed more than 100 at this point, but still no trophy. It's the one trophy preventing me from getting the R6 platinum and it sucks cuz it just seems like no matter how many defend rounds I finish, it just won't unlock. ;(

The only trophy I'm missing is the camper trophy, which is to complete 100 defend missions in terrorist hunt and I'm pretty sure I've completed more than 100 at this point, but still no trophy. It's the one trophy preventing me from getting the R6 platinum and it sucks cuz it just seems like no matter how many defend rounds I finish, it just won't unlock. ;(

Check your stats on the Rainbow Six Siege website, it will tell you how many you've done. I think this includes the Situation defend missions too though, so be aware.

That looks like a nest concept for a new map, like a mansion or something. Actually, looks similar to that university map in T Hunt.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Check your stats on the Rainbow Six Siege website, it will tell you how many you've done. I think this includes the Situation defend missions too though, so be aware.

That looks like a nest concept for a new map, like a mansion or something. Actually, looks similar to that university map in T Hunt.
Thanks. I knew about the site to check your stats, and when I checked previously it said I had completed more than 100 of them, but when I checked right now it seems to have changed. Apparently I need 3 more!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Haven't played in awhile due to The Division taking up a lot of time but decided to drop in just now and got team killed in 2 different TH matches right at the beginning and 1 guy using a pistol on me until my health was low then just danced around me. :\

Anyone doing private GAF matches on XB1?

andycapps

Haven't played in awhile due to The Division taking up a lot of time but decided to drop in just now and got team killed in 2 different TH matches right at the beginning and 1 guy using a pistol on me until my health was low then just danced around me. :

Anyone doing private GAF matches on XB1?
Sounds about right for public matches on this game.

CatPee

Double-dipped on PC when Amazon had this for $15, and it's been a blast. It's super interesting to apply strategies I've learned on console to the fast pacing of PC matches, and I'm pretty excited to hop back on PS4 and attempt to apply that pacing to my playstyle to see what happens.

DQDQDQ

Thanks. I knew about the site to check your stats, and when I checked previously it said I had completed more than 100 of them, but when I checked right now it seems to have changed. Apparently I need 3 more!

Been a while for me but I think before they redid the stats website it showed PVP and PVE, combining terrorist hunt with situations. The situations don't count towards the trophy so it was impossible to tell how many more you needed unless you kept track yourself. The numbers on the new site look to be accurate.

Thinking about picking up this game on PS4.

Have a few questions:

How's the playerbase?

How often is the game updated?

Is the net code still trash?

Have a few questions:

How's the playerbase? Pretty good. No problems.

How often is the game updated? Not often enough and there's always a problem. Worst devs in the game.

Is the net code still trash? Yes. Gotten better, but, ultimately, yes.

Answered your questions.

Have a few questions:

How's the playerbase?

Plenty good enough to play with people at any hour, with reasonably quick matchmaking.

How often is the game updated?

Frequently enough, but there isn't enough meaningful new content. Maps are free but very few are added to the game. A lot of updates tend to focus on fixing things that are broken, exploits that people have discovered. The term 'patch' is very apt in this case, as the devs are continually patching the game, ensuring things don't fall apart. There have been times where things did fall apart though. Around Christmas the game was near unplayable, but things are better now.

Is the net code still trash?

Depends on your standard, it's better than the netcode in games like Gears of War, and Uncharted 4, but worse than the netcode in games with a more dedicated competitive following, like CS:GO. The netcode generally didn't bother me.

In large part netcode is actually better than your average game, but issues are much more noticable because of the extremely low time to kill. A stray bullet registering late on Uncharted doesn't single handedly get you killed

I also felt like providing my own answers, though Alpine plays this more than me, so bear that in mind too. :)

I actually find the net code in siege to be better than overwatch. Not that they're all that similar, but switching between the two makes overwatch almost unplayable sometimes (when aging tracer). Never thought I'd say siege makes another game look unplayable lol. I guess we've come full circle.

My buddy and I are at the point where we see the same people playing every weekend on Casual lol (on PC). Ranked match making is still broken (cant get past Bronze if I can't find any games lol). Hope this game isnt completely dead before the last DLC pack comes out.

My buddy and I are at the point where we see the same people playing every weekend on Casual lol (on PC). Ranked match making is still broken (cant get past Bronze if I can't find any games lol). Hope this game isnt completely dead before the last DLC pack comes out.

According to Steamcharts the 24 hour peak was 15,295 which is pretty high. The numbers have actually been pretty good. Keep in mind that's just on Steam and doesn't count Uplay which was the cheaper option for many people.

Me and my crew are starting to recognize names in casual as well but I think it's more because of our levels and the hidden matchmaking the game does (even for casual). We're probably in some invisible tier and keep running into familiar names because of it, or other pre-mades. I don't think the game is in danger of dying out anytime soon.

andycapps

Have a few questions:

How's the playerbase? Depends on if you're playing with randoms or friends. If friends then you have nothing to worry about. If playing casual with randoms, expect a lot of teamkilling. They supposedly have a penalty for casual teamkilling coming in July.

How often is the game updated? Every 3 months it gets a new map and new operators for free. You use in game points to unlock the operators unless you got the season pass. The devs frequently mess up details in updates and do eventually patch them. That isn't as fast as many developers.

Is the net code still trash? I guess this is subjective. Sometimes I think it's great and other times I think it's garbage. If you thought it was trash before, it's really about the same.
My responses in bold.

manhack

According to Steamcharts the 24 hour peak was 15,295 which is pretty high. The numbers have actually been pretty good. Keep in mind that's just on Steam and doesn't count Uplay which was the cheaper option for many people.

Me and my crew are starting to recognize names in casual as well but I think it's more because of our levels and the hidden matchmaking the game does (even for casual). We're probably in some invisible tier and keep running into familiar names because of it, or other pre-mades. I don't think the game is in danger of dying out anytime soon.

Yeah the game is holding playerbase and has a slight uptake over the last month or so. We have also noticed that we see a lot of the same players, but our group is all level 120 - 160 and we get put up against similar groups at this point.

I think it actually has been hotfixed. It also led to an issue where thermite charges show 'jammed' to the player but end up blowing anyway, like they are unjammed on server-side because it still uses old Mute radius?

andycapps

I think it actually has been hotfixed. It also led to an issue where thermite charges show 'jammed' to the player but end up blowing anyway, like they are unjammed on server-side because it still uses old Mute radius?
Haha these devs, man. One fix breaks something else.

Also, thought hotfixes were server side patches. So if they hotfixed this, then the server side should know the jam radius. Sounds like another issue with the jammers.

My PS4 friends are basically gone atm. One is in Pakistan for the next couple of months, his brother and cousin are in school atm and have less time to play till break, another one of our friends ignores all requests to play Siege unless the Pakistan friend is online and finally our other friends who own it don't come on their PS4's often.

As such me and one other buddy have double dipped on the XB1 version to have a fuller group once again lol. I was going to wait till thursday to start playing it again but the Seige addiction hit and I installed it and started a match with my friend. My first kill was me jumping over a railing on Chalet and shooting a dude mid-air.... god I love this game

Funny, I double dipped on the PS4 version so I can play some solo, without the incessant voice chat distracting me from in games sounds, and without having to double my ping since almost all of my Xbox friends are on the opposite coast from me.

KodaRuss

Add me on PS4 if anyone wants. I have been getting back into the game and loving it again.

PSN: Longhornbevo

I typically play at night central time for a couple hours 9:30-11:30 when I can.

Died from a Kapkan charge for the first time in forever I believe. That buff is pretty dang strong but necessary.

Is there any chance for the season pass to go on sale on Xbox One need anytime soon? Is there a big summer sale coming up? If so, then fingers crossed...

Disgraced

Just nabbed, it's installing now. 1. Anything I should know that I wouldn't from the regular interwebz? 2. No Xbox mic, but I guess I'd Skype on my laptop or whatever if anyone wanted to play with me. :3 Quote for my GT. I'll put it in that spreadsheet later (maybe).

Is there any chance for the season pass to go on sale on Xbox One need anytime soon? Is there a big summer sale coming up? If so, then fingers crossed...
Summer sale is usually some time soon, yup.

Anyone can add me on XBOX One or PS4. IMD1 PK and SneakingElephant are my IDs respectively.

Just nabbed, it's installing now. 1. Anything I should know that I wouldn't from the regular interwebz?

Watch tips videos. There's so many little intricacies to Siege that it's fairly hard to cover all the tips and tricks. Back when I frequented this thread daily I used to learn something new nearly every day.

I'd watch streams a bit in your spare time after you get about 15-20 hours into MP to see how other experienced players approach different maps.

Disgraced

Anyone can add me on XBOX One or PS4. IMD1 PK and SneakingElephant are my IDs respectively.
Added. 👍

After ~10 hours I really like this game. More than I thought. Just might have to buy that dang Xbone specific mic for it.
Watch tips videos. [...] I'd watch streams a bit in your spare time after you get about 15-20 hours into MP to see how other experienced players approach different maps.
Any particular videos or streamers you'd recommend?
Is the matchmaking fucked for anyone else right now? I cant get in a game. PS4 here.
Been fine all evening on XBL.

andycapps

Added. 👍

After ~10 hours I really like this game. More than I thought. Just might have to buy that dang Xbone specific mic for it.Any particular videos or streamers you'd recommend?Been fine all evening on XBL.
Serenity is good and I'd probably start with his videos for basic tips. Punjistick is also really good but rarely plays ranked due to DDOS vulnerabilities on PC.

So much of this game is map awareness, knowing where cameras are, knowing where roamers are likely to be based on location of objective, calling out where defenders/attackers are, etc.

KodaRuss

I saw some really weird shit last night with a particular player on the opposing team. We played the opposing team twice in ranked but I watched as one of my teammates knifes went through him twice from behind. As well as multiple headshots that just did not make sense.

His ping was kinda high, 150 range, and his stats were not that great either barely over 1.0 k/d but he was destroying us and he finished both games with over 10 kills and 2 deaths.

When I was killed by him it was like he was seeing me one to two seconds faster than I was and I never got a chance to fire when we were both looking at each other. Everyone on my team said the same thing when he killed them (these were randoms) and we all reported him twice for suspicious behavior. This was on PS4 though, I was just completely dumbfounded, he basically won both games for their team single handedly.

Serenity is good and I'd probably start with his videos for basic tips. Punjistick is also really good but rarely plays ranked due to DDOS vulnerabilities on PC.

So much of this game is map awareness, knowing where cameras are, knowing where roamers are likely to be based on location of objective, calling out where defenders/attackers are, etc.

A lot of the game is also sound and understanding what side sound is coming from...

Top Bottom