• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Goddamn this update sounds fantastic! Awesome operators, a new hardcore game mode (to split playerbase even more :/ ), new map, anticheat! Also Skull Rain sounds fucking Metal.

New defender sounds awful. Like something a cod player came up with

It's just so unlike anything else we've seen in the game

That new mode is for custom games. Not for public playlist

It sucks that we have yet ANOTHER OP shotgun/c4 combo

Cut that crap out. I want shield attackers to be more useful but these defender flankers are too prominent

zeox

It sucks that we have yet ANOTHER OP shotgun/c4 combo

Cut that crap out. I want shield attackers to be more useful but these defender flankers are too prominent

I agree with you, but we have no idea what the rest of the patch brings.

Everything in this update sounds great imo, and I'll hold off complaining/speculating until I've actually seen the patch notes

Really looking forward to that favela map.

I can't wait to play it in 2 months when they get around to adding it to the Ranked playlist.

I like that it's a highly destructible map but I hope there aren't so many ways into every room you defend like on Border. Not a fan of defending on that map at all.

KodaRuss

Just saw the leaked footage. That sneak looks very fast for the new defender. It is a timed ability, looks to last around 10 seconds and takes about 10-15 seconds to recharge.

The new map looks like a defenders paradise as well. Places everywhere to pop out outside/flank attackers. Looks confusing with a lot of entrances and paths.

Attackers crossbow shoots the fire smoke and blue cover smoke. 2 charges of each it looks like that you have to switch between.

Leaked footage:

https://vid.me/VOXZ

I still think the defender ability is silly.

Attacker looks fine, but he kind of does Montagne's job as far as using the fire explosives to block defenders.

I hope we see patch notes soon:

-Buff for Montagne (loses shield at a certain distance when its extended and exploded with C4 instead of dying), and fix for Blitz (who I get the feeling has weird hit detection)

-Reduction of shotgun power for defenders

-Removing C4 from Pulse or Valkyrie, and just giving them to other operators (like maybe Castle or Jaeger). There needs to be a better distribution here. Top tier defenders shouldnt have top tier weapons and top tier gear like C4.

-Buffs to Doc, Twitch, Tachanka, Glaz, Castle, Montagne, etc. There is a low tier set of operators that need some better functionality with their abilities to be viable.

Im loving the map btw. Still completely unsold on the defender ability. It seems so silly and useless and redundant and over the top. Valkryie and Pulse are more than enough at keeping tabs on the enemy, and I wanted something that was focused on not roaming around the map.

EDIT: I just realized that the defender's main ability is twofold: she can both interrogate enemies AND she has a customized silenced pistol that seem to instantly down in CQC (non lethal). That's not too bad of an ability, but it's incredibly roamer-friendly, when we really need more operators that are about defending the room

KodaRuss

With all the roamers now I find my attacking teams running out of time a lot now. You gotta drone in every room constantly and it just takes so much time to try to clear a safe path to the objective. Looking forward to checking this out but I am concerned now that defenders have gotten a few buffs now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I really don't understand why they made Pulse's radar so incredibly good now. It was fine how if was before and now geez. Overkill IMO.

Menthuss

I really don't understand why they made Pulse's radar so incredibly good now. It was fine how if was before and now geez. Overkill IMO.

The funny thing is that buffing Pulse's sensor indirectly buffed IQ as she can see him from outside his range while he has his gadget active.

-Removing C4 from Pulse or Valkyrie, and just giving them to other operators (like maybe Castle or Jaeger). There needs to be a better distribution here. Top tier defenders shouldnt have top tier weapons and top tier gear like C4.
NO FFS NO! They already took my C4 away from frost, dont fucking do it to valkyrie too

Valkyrie already has the god tier auto shotgun and her ability is really strong. It'd be lame for them to pull the nitro switch with the DLC ops again but I do think defenders need less nitro cells in general. They should put them on underused Operators like Castle or Mute.

HiiiLife

Finally picked the game up again after months.

The hell. They really overhauled the menu interface and attachments lol. Operators have different stances in their bios. The screenshot at the end with winning operators is so tacky to me. Haha.

Valkyrie already has the god tier auto shotgun and her ability is really strong. It'd be lame for them to pull the nitro switch with the DLC ops again but I do think defenders need less nitro cells in general. They should put them on underused Operators like Castle or Mute.

Mute has a nitro cell lol

Mute has a nitro cell lol

Sorry, I meant basically that nitros should be on underused Ops that are good at stationary point defense like Castle or Mute. Kapkan is fine too because of how slow and loud he is. The defenders that Nitro is a problem on now are super strong roamers even without it; Pulse, Valkyrie, Smoke, Bandit can still pop out a window and take out 2 people before dying with just their main or sub weapons. Taking their nitro away would make it so shields are good at boxing out and killing roamers, unless they called for help from one of the other defenders with it.

Did I hear right that the new Realism mode is only available through custom games? Absolutely sucks if true. I can barely get a team of 5 together, let alone 10. Would some gaffers be interested in 5v5 games with me and some friends from another forum? It's the only way I can see myself getting a custom game together. Time difference might be a problem, though, as we're in the UK/Ireland.

KodaRuss

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put in Blackbeard needs to get fired.

Attackers really needed another good operator. Frost and Valkyrie are both extremely useful operators while Buck is a decent attacker but has to be pretty low on the totem pole of usefulness on the attacking roster.

Erban1

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put in Blackbeard needs to get fired.

He's not that bad after awhile...unless he's on a window, then he's a huge pain in the ass. You've basically got to unlearn going for the headshot or find a suitable angle to bypass the shield.

Not sure how i feel about the new operators overall, there are so many skilled roamers now on defense. I would have preferred something that made defending an objective easier rather than encouraging more roaming.

BattleEye goes live today:

More info regarding anti-cheat is available. BattlEye goes live at 11:59am EDT on July 27th

Blog post on quality of life improvements.

New loadout screen:
5WTtGxb.png

New HUD:

Additionally, the Presentation and Design teams worked conjointly to improve the in-game HUD. The “N” mark on the compass is now highlighted in red, which improves readability. Players can access it while cycling surveillance cameras. Our teams also did a pass on how health is featured. “We removed the Operator speed level since it’s not a relevant dynamic information while in the heat of a match. This allowed us to feature your health and additional armor (e.g., Rook) much more efficiently than before,” says Da Luz.

KodaRuss

Awesome, great update to the loadout screen.

This has been the longest amount of time any multiplayer game has kept me around. I have been trying to get through another play through of Bloodborne but I keep spending time with Siege.

Bobnob

How brutal is this for beginners?
Game looks sick, but you need to know what you are doing.
Its got Free Play days (i'd like to know how many day's so i can tell my friends to get it.) But ya its well worth picking up now well there's other new peeps playing. Its still brutal for me sometime's,level 102 lol but its my fav game this gen.

Valkrai

It's finally happening. BattlEye as an anticheat, new operators sound fucking incredible, new features.

Lawwwwd I'll need to come back now, Dust Line was fun but lack of an anticheat killed it for me.

andycapps

There's definitely a learning curve because of map awareness and knowing each operator, what style you like to play, etc. But I recommend jumping in. Watch Serenity's videos and go from there.

If you can pair up with a friend(s) to show you the ropes thats great, and maybe stick to a few operators whilst you learn the maps and the general playstyle. guys like rook, smoke, castle and mute are cool cause you can stay inside the objective like a turtle and use cameras to help find enemies for your roamers to kill. for attacking, going in a pair with your friends as thatcher+thermite allow you to stay close to each other, but really you just have to play to learn the maps and understand the game.

Hope that helps :)

Pachimari

Are the JTF2 and Navy Seal the new operators?

Who would you recommend I get next, if I have these:

Attackers
Thatcher
Ash
Twitch
Glaz

Defenders
Smoke
Doc
Rook
Bandit

Are the JTF2 and Navy Seal the new operators?

Who would you recommend I get next, if I have these:

Attackers
Thatcher
Ash

Twitch
Glaz

Defenders
Smoke
Doc
Rook
Bandit

Bolded my picks. Thatcher or IQ are essential to a team, since they are your electronics disruptors, but Ash has a great loadout and her breaching round can be really versatile and a safe way to break.

Rook is just an all around good team player to have. Smoke has C4 and is also great at blocking access to areas via gas grenades. Bandit is a big fav for defenders due to his speed and assault rifle, but being a good roamer is something that you have to learn, too.

Pachimari

Oh I meant, which other operators should I get besides those? Which would be a good one to add to those I listed?

Although, that information you shared with me is equally useful. So that I can train with the ones I got already. Thanks. :)

Oooh, I gotcha, sorry.

Thermite is the #1 attacker that you should have. He's needed just about every damned round.

Having a shield attacker is fun, too. Montagne is a great team player, as his ability renders him weapon-less but he's basically invulnerable to everything to the front and sides except C4. Great for closing off or guarding areas your team is moving through or entering a room.

For defenders, I think it mostly depends on your playstyle. I'd absolutely recommend Valkyrie over all others because she is so useful but she may be too expensive.

Kapkan got a good buff and is a fun trapper/roamer with a semi-auto shotty.

Pulse also got a buff for his heartbeat senser, making him an even better trapper/roamer.

Man fuck this pulse buff

Dude went 12-1 as pulse just now

Im playing IQ but it doesnt matter when my pistol cant outplay his shotgun. So annoying dealing with him.

There needs to be a better counter, because IQ isnt working out. I wish i could mark him for my team at least

Pachimari

Oooh, I gotcha, sorry.

Thermite is the #1 attacker that you should have. He's needed just about every damned round.

Having a shield attacker is fun, too. Montagne is a great team player, as his ability renders him weapon-less but he's basically invulnerable to everything to the front and sides except C4. Great for closing off or guarding areas your team is moving through or entering a room.

For defenders, I think it mostly depends on your playstyle. I'd absolutely recommend Valkyrie over all others because she is so useful but she may be too expensive.

Kapkan got a good buff and is a fun trapper/roamer with a semi-auto shotty.

Pulse also got a buff for his heartbeat senser, making him an even better trapper/roamer.
Wow thanks, I'm gonna check all of this out. Probably write it down as notes as well, so I can remember what you have shared with me. You seem to know your stuff, are you on PC and on the Discord channel?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man fuck this pulse buff

Dude went 12-1 as pulse just now

Im playing IQ but it doesnt matter when my pistol cant outplay his shotgun. So annoying dealing with him.

There needs to be a better counter, because IQ isnt working out. I wish i could mark him for my team at least

My opinion... IQ should have smokes instead of bangs, and be able to deploy her gadget on her primary if she's using iron sights (no optics equipped).

*Bam*

IQ instantly becomes top tier and Pulse's nemesis.

My opinion... IQ should have smokes instead of bangs, and be able to deploy her gadget on her primary if she's using iron sights (no optics equipped).

*Bam*

When you buff a character like Pulse for literally no reason at all like this, I see no reason why IQ can't have the gadget on her primary with an optic.

They are making the dumbest decisions. As others have pointed out, Castle and a few others are kind of worthless with how underpowered they are. Yet a lot of the other characters are way overpowered and then get better on top of it(Pulse).

Keihart

Soooo ...any guesses on the new skills? I guess the interrgoation ability of the defender is true, but what does the crossbow does? The trailer cuts just before the attacker uses it

Soooo ...any guesses on the new skills? I guess the interrgoation ability of the defender is true, but what does the crossbow does? The trailer cuts just before the attacker uses it
I'm pretty I read that it can fire smoke grenades, and didnt the tooltip for the regular arrows read 'armor piercing' or something like that? could shoot through reinforced walls maybe

LAM09

It was shown in leaked footage. He has two types of arrow attachments; a blue one that releases smoke and a orange one that releases fire sparks.

I unlocked Thermite, and is probably gonna get IQ next, she seems very interesting.
IQ is cool, and she probably will be picked more now due to pulse getting buffed for some reason, but you really need to know your maps well and know the pulse hot spots to counter him well enough, i think IQ's gadget has a range of 20 ft whereas pulse is more like 10 ft, so you can catch him before he gets you, but any closer and his shotgun has a far better chance of nailing you than your pistol getting him, especially when the he can quickly swap out the gadget

Jaeger and Bandit are very good choices to buy as well, I really like Bandit @ club house when defending, and Jaeger is solid no matter what game mode.

*Bam*

I completely agree about giving IQ her ability on her primary weapon

She is only good as a Pulse killer. Finding cams and kapkan traps is largely useless.

I think she should be able to spot electronics, including pulse for her teammates. Id take either or

It's such a useless balance design here. Pulse gets realtime tracking, c4, and a fucking shotgun

There's no chance IQ can surprise him or wallbang him. Unless pulse is a total moron

Every game has a Pulse now. IQ is not good enough.

Also, both Thatcher and twitch need to disable pulse temporarily. I know thatcher already does, but it's only like 7 seconds

Another note:

Is 3+ w/l ratio for an entire team normal? This is on ps4. Dont suspect them of cheating, but you'd think theyd face competition to bring those averages down

Top Bottom