• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

CrayToes

Yep. I have no idea what's causing it but it's clear and obvious headshots aren't killing in a lot of instances. Combined with the lag/peekers advantage, the game feels like it's in the worst place it has ever been in regards to the minute to minute gameplay.

But where's my shitty new map??!!!

Yep. I have no idea what's causing it but it's clear and obvious headshots aren't killing in a lot of instances. Combined with the lag/peekers advantage, the game feels like it's in the worst place it has ever been in regards to the minute to minute gameplay.

Yeah, I used to basically only play characters that could equip an acog sight and pick people off at a distance, but lately I just run around with shotguns and smgs because nothing else feels accurate anymore.

Keihart

Yea level doesn't mean much because it's just dependant on playstyle. I was level 58 on PS4 and 20 on PC, and I still didn't know shit, my map knowledge was terrible, I didn't know any callouts, I would reinforce and cave myself inside a room as I didn't understand the concept of rotation etc etc, I'd even reinforce the walls between bombs. I didn't even used to use claymores.

Then I started fresh on Xbox One with my friends and by level 30 or so I was doing wobbling (while peeking), opening up alternate pathways for quicker rotation and access to objective. And depending on the location of object I might not even reinforce anything (Kids bedroom in house for example). Granted I already had 58 levels on PS4 and 20 on PC, but before playing with a team on Xbox One I was completely reliant on my shooting ability and even there I had the disadvantage because I wasn't utilising my tools right.

Just the other day I came across a level 113 on Xbox and the dude was reinforcing walls between objectives, floor hatches on the objective floor (which you can use for rotation and attackers can never use to enter into the room) and just overall being shit.

I feel and think that there should be some level based matchmaking on casual, because even if not indicative of skill it is an indication of how much experience you have and thus how much you might know about the game mechanics.

Playing against players that don't know the maps and gadgets if you are past level 100 is really not fair. Players that are between 1 and 50 at least, maybe more even ,should not be matched even on casual agains players past 100.

Knowledge is way too important in this game, gotta let new players at least learn the mechanics first so they get the tools to experiment and learn.

Got my first ace as Sledge the other day on Hereford Base. Grenade kill in ladder room, broke hatch into there rather than the ladder, took out a Caveira trying to flank and then took all 3 room defenders with one magazine.

Feels good man.jpg

Wish I'd recorded it

I'm in boys. It's really buggy and ranks aren't working but I'm playing the game. Half the enemy team and my team keep disconnecting and reconnecting

KodaRuss

Here are your patch notes get your patch notes here!

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx

Consoles are supposed to get the patch June 20th, which sucks but I guess PC Bros are the beta testers.

It all sounds alright except I dont like their solution for spawn peeking on Kanal. Boarding up the window on the third floor was not the solution imo, that window was pretty necessary for taking out rappellers on the (West?) wall.

r6-operation-health-update-spawnkills-03_292251.jpg

jkupper

Neo Member
IQ

Fixed - Friendly gadgets are detected when using the RED MK III “Spectre”.

This is awesome. Should make IQ a lot better!

KodaRuss

I am worried about this hitbox change as well. Seems to be a pretty major change and it is going to make killing every character tougher, especially on consoles imo.

andycapps

Consoles are supposed to get the patch June 20th, which sucks but I guess PC Bros are the beta testers.

It all sounds alright except I dont like their solution for spawn peeking on Kanal. Boarding up the window on the third floor was not the solution imo, that window was pretty necessary for taking out rappellers on the (West?) wall.

The spawn peeking solution isn't what I'd choose either, but I'm assuming they had several options, and this was the quickest one, given they weren't trying to design anything in this season.

Not having to spend the entire setup period to find the one split of the atom spot that Kapkan's trap placement prompt shows up is gonna be nice. Dunno how they ever messed that up in the first place!

LAM09

I think these changes favour the attackers too much.

nOoblet16

You can still take out the rappellers on the west easily by going out the door on the ground floor that's right at the edge of that west wall (you can just about see that door in that picture, I'm not talking about the one with the stairs but rather the one that's in front of the coloumn that's near the stairs). It was way too quick of a place to spawn peek and look at the rappellers from there considering how that room is right next to the objective room.

Almost no one used to rappel that wall because of that window cause it was a guaranteed death when playing against anyone who has been playing the game for a while. Can't even remember the last time an attacker attacked from that side.

You can still take out the rappellers on the west easily by going out the door on the ground floor that's right at the edge of that west wall (you can see that door in that picture, I'm not talking about the one with the stairs but rather the one that's in front of the coloumn that's near the stairs). It was way too quick of a place to spawn peek and look at the rappellers from there considering how that room is right next to the objective room.
being able to kill rappellers from the side should never be as easy as it was there. those two rooms already heavily favored defenders. This change should be good.

You can still take out the rappellers on the west easily by going out the door on the ground floor that's right at the edge of that west wall (you can see that door in that picture, I'm not talking about the one with the stairs but rather the one that's in front of the coloumn that's near the stairs). It was way too quick of a place to spawn peek and look at the rappellers from there considering how that room is right next to the objective room.

It's even easier using that location a lot of times because rapellers have limited aim while on the side of the building. It's the one I usually opt for.

Auctopus

I don't think I have ever been attacked from the positions that have been "remedied" in those pictures. I can think of a few different positions that immediately come to mind when it comes to spawn-peeking.

The window that is on the opposite side of the control tower in Kanal is used for the sole purpose of spawn-peeking floating dock. It has absolutely no other use.

nOoblet16

I don't think I have ever been attacked from the positions that have been "remedied" in those pictures. I can think of a few different positions that immediately come to mind when it comes to spawn-peeking.

The window that is on the opposite side of the control tower in Kanal is used for the sole purpose of spawn-peeking floating dock. It has absolutely no other use.
Which opposite side ?

Auctopus

Which opposite side ?

The tower window that now has a metal panel replacement has 2 other large windows on it. The middle one and the one on the far side. The one the far side (opposite to the one that has been replaced by a metal panel) has no use but the peek at players who are approaching the map from floating docks.

jkupper

Neo Member
The tower window that now has a metal panel replacement has 2 other large windows on it. The middle one and the one on the far side. The one the far side (opposite to the one that has been replaced by a metal panel) has no use but the peek at players who are approaching the map from floating docks.

Ubisoft has mentioned before that they are not concerned with spawn peaking only spawn killing so I don't think they will change this.

DQDQDQ

Here's two easy spawn killing fixes that don't require any cover changes to any map.

Using Ubisoft's stated position that they only care about this happening when it happens immediately upon spawning without a player having a chance to move behind cover:

1) Change casual to include player selected spawn points. In ranked, if you think a spawn point is unsafe you can just choose a different location, so this Kanal situation is only an issue in casual. Change spawn selection to ranked style and you don't have to close up an important window.

2) Make the prep phase red walls stay up a few seconds after spawn. However many seconds Ubisoft thinks players should have before getting killed when not moving after spawn. Presumably less than five seconds but I don't know what their number is. Alternatively, you could make all players invincible for the same number of seconds at the start of the round instead of keeping the wall up.

jkupper

Neo Member
2) Make the prep phase red walls stay up a few seconds after spawn. However many seconds Ubisoft thinks players should have before getting killed when not moving after spawn. Presumably less than five seconds but I don't know what their number is. Alternatively, you could make all players invincible for the same number of seconds at the start of the round instead of keeping the wall up.

The red walls for a few seconds after spawn would put Valkyrie at a huge disadvantage. I like the idea of players being invincible for the first 3 seconds or so.

DQDQDQ

The red walls for a few seconds after spawn would put Valkyrie at a huge disadvantage. I like the idea of players being invincible for the first 3 seconds or so.

I wouldn't call it a "huge" disadvantage, but it would certainly shift the Valk meta to using them inside the building, which isn't such a bad thing IMO. If Ubi really desperately wanted the cameras to be thrown outside they could let them pass through the red walls.

Obscuring some spawn locations by slightly modifying the map features is a good idea. It goes some way to addressing the issue without messing with the basic rules. It's only an issue on certain maps

Oh ffs accidentally attempted to open Ubisoft Club on PS4, had to close the game and launch it again since that thing could be frozen or asking you to wait 5 minutes there's no telling

HariKari

New one step matchmaking is great but the MM still picks the weirdest teams. Glaz nerf is pretty bad. Haven't really noticed the hitbox fixes.

HariKari

So glaz useless now?

Thermal is still useful but I don't know if they added spread to his rifle or if the damage nerf is to blame but it feels like people can peek you a lot longer. Nobody was really afraid to try and take Glaz on. 3 armor targets especially seem to be a problem.

He should be the lane holding king, just take away his damn smokes so he can't push better than most attackers. It's really that simple. If someone wants to coordinate and specifically bring smokes to work with Glaz, let them. I don't see how the changes they made (giving Ash flashbangs... what the fuck?) are an improvement in any way.

Holy crap the one step matchmaking update is amazing. Literally didn't wait longer than 30 seconds for a game the entire night. The icon flashing when you get a game if you tabbed out is an awesome addition too.

nOoblet16

The damage nerf on Glaz is a bit too much, all they should have done is take away is smokes and increase the recoil on his gun some more to prevent people from spamming the fire button when they miss. Ash getting stun and her smoke being taken away is stupid because smoke is more effective for a 3 speed operator.

As for the hitbox changes, they really should do something about Ash. A 3 speed operator with tiny silhouette is very hard to fight against, especially due to peeker's advantage. Jager, Bandit and IQ are 3 speed operators but until now they have bigger silhouette than Ash so it balances out, infact their headphones making their heads big was important in balancing them out I think, but ofcourse that's all going to change.

Keihart

The real balance to glaz should be making the thermal scope harder to read, as it stands now it's basically enemy highliter. His rifle was never OP, what it is OP is how easy is to abuse the thermal on his scope. I understand that they weren't able to do that kind of changes for now, but still. I hope it comes.

HariKari

The real balance to glaz should be making the thermal scope harder to read, as it stands now it's basically enemy highliter. His rifle was never OP, what it is OP is how easy is to abuse the thermal on his scope. I understand that they weren't able to do that kind of changes for now, but still. I hope it comes.

If you have awareness of where is, it's not that hard to avoid. He gets toasted up close in most gunfights. His ability to push with smoke better than any other attacker is what is OP. It's not fun to basically have an entire flank at his mercy with no real hope of return fire. Take the smokes away and undo the damage nerf, he'll be in a good place.

The damage nerf on Glaz is a bit too much, all they should have done is take away is smokes and increase the recoil on his gun some more to prevent people from spamming the fire button when they miss. Ash getting stun and her smoke being taken away is stupid because smoke is more effective for a 3 speed operator.

As for the hitbox changes, they really should do something about Ash. A 3 speed operator with tiny silhouette is very hard to fight against, especially due to peeker's advantage. Jager, Bandit and IQ are 3 speed operators but until now they have bigger silhouette than Ash so it balances out, infact their headphones making their heads big was important in balancing them out I think, but ofcourse that's all going to change.

They should just take away his smoke grenades, increase his recoil when fast firing and either modify the way the scope highlights enemies or the way it reads the environment to introduce some challenge.

The whole point is that he's a high damage operator that's slightly awkward to use.

Keihart

They should just take away his smoke grenades, increase his recoil when fast firing and either modify the way the scope highlights enemies or the way it reads the environment to introduce some challenge.

The whole point is that he's a high damage operator that's slightly awkward to use.

i agree with you, it should be harder to read, low damage glaz kinda defeats the point of sniping and making your long range shots count.

The problem is Ubisoft never wants to go back on an Operator change they put real development time into instead of just changing a few numerical values like most balance changes. The Pulse 'Quality of Life' upgrade was the biggest offender of this when they completely changed his gadget from 'pulsing' heartbeats to an active wallhack with 100% updated positioning. Pulse has never required the same level of play as before that and it killed all strategy and nuance to good Pulse plays when you could easily preaim exactly where the enemy is. That upgrade completely broke Pulse for almost an entire season and they never reverted it, only putting a bandaid on by lowering the gadget distance a couple months later.

This new Glaz scope is the same thing. They put dev work/time into making this thermal vision scope and publicized it on twitter and stuff like that. It ruined the meta of an entire pro league season and made the last couple months completely revolve around Glaz because of how overpowered it is. And now instead of just reverting the thermal scope or changing it in any way, their bandaid solution is to tweak his gun values and take smokes off of Thermite and Ash and put them on Jackal and Fuze.

It just doesn't make sense. Firstly, Ash is already a ridiculous entry fragger and having stun grenades now is making her even better at that. Smoke grenades were perfect for Thermite as a support operator and now he has Stuns which have never matched his playstyle (similar to them giving Frag grenades to IQ as a 'quick fix' to make her more powerful). The easy solution here was to take away Glaz's smokes so he would have to rely on teammates to smoke push, but instead they did this convoluted mess.

andycapps

The problem is Ubisoft never wants to go back on an Operator change they put real development time into instead of just changing a few numerical values like most balance changes. The Pulse 'Quality of Life' upgrade was the biggest offender of this when they completely changed his gadget from 'pulsing' heartbeats to an active wallhack with 100% updated positioning. Pulse has never required the same level of play as before that and it killed all strategy and nuance to good Pulse plays when you could easily preaim exactly where the enemy is. That upgrade completely broke Pulse for almost an entire season and they never reverted it, only putting a bandaid on by lowering the gadget distance a couple months later.

This new Glaz scope is the same thing. They put dev work/time into making this thermal vision scope and publicized it on twitter and stuff like that. It ruined the meta of an entire pro league season and made the last couple months completely revolve around Glaz because of how overpowered it is. And now instead of just reverting the thermal scope or changing it in any way, their bandaid solution is to tweak his gun values and take smokes off of Thermite and Ash and put them on Jackal and Fuze.

It just doesn't make sense. Firstly, Ash is already a ridiculous entry fragger and having stun grenades now is making her even better at that. Smoke grenades were perfect for Thermite as a support operator and now he has Stuns which have never matched his playstyle (similar to them giving Frag grenades to IQ as a 'quick fix' to make her more powerful). The easy solution here was to take away Glaz's smokes so he would have to rely on teammates to smoke push, but instead they did this convoluted mess.

You're right that Glaz needs thermal scope taken away, but they're not going to do that type of change during this season, from what they've said. Balance changes they can make by changing damage numbers or something else in a table they'll do, but development focus is supposed to be on health stuff.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to do both, just saying what they said in that panel at pro league about Glaz.

Top Bottom