• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ralph Macchio is 4 years older now than Pat Morita was when Karate Kid was released

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

1707_1.jpg

Ralph Macchio was 31 in "My Cousin Vinny" and could pass for like 19

A gift and a curse.

Lothar

Banned
So no ones gonna say anything about this factoid being 4 years old? OP's source is from 2013...

I guess they read the title and saw that it was saying Ralph Maccio was the same age. This one says he's 4 years older.

You read the date and not the title?

Kittygirl

God, I remember a male friend of mine feeling so BETRAYED when Macchio's age came out. He identified so much!

He never trusted a teen movie after that. (Yes, we rolled our eyes.)

Santiako

The article is from March 2013 so, actually it's pretty much 4 years old.

So, more accurately, Raplh Macchio is 8 years older now than Pat Morita was when Karate Kid was released.

Raplh Macchio is 8 years older now than Pat Morita was when Karate Kid was released.

Raplh Macchio is 8 years older now than Pat Morita was when Karate Kid was released.

No, OP posted a 4 year old article that said they were the same age.

Randam

How Will Smith's kid ended up in China with Jackie Chan is still beyond me. It's a no brainer for Macchio to be taking on the mentor role. The first time he opens that can of whoop ass like Miyagi did in 1-3 the theater would erupt.
It's beyond me, why the movie is called karate kid, when Kung Fu is a chinese martial arts.

1707_1.jpg

Ralph Macchio was 31 in "My Cousin Vinny" and could pass for like 19

I think this topic is void because the dude aged like Keanu Reeves and was way older than everyone thought to begin with.

Bring on some other "make me feel old" fun fact.

He was 31???? Looks like a kid

oneils

I'm pretty sure we've had this thread already. And we felt really old back then. Now we feel even older.

S-Wind

I didn't realize Ralph Macchio was 23 years old in the Karate Kid. That's way older than I had figured.

Pat Morita also looked way older than 53 by today's standards

I reckon having you and all of your family put into concentration camps by your own government for no reason other than your ancestry prematurely ages you.

I guess this is news to someone... Elisabeth Shue is 53, turning 54 this year.

WTF, why are we posting "stories" from four years ago?

WildZero

Why they didn't just call the damn thing Kung Fu Kid is beyond me. Ok I know that it's supposed to be a reboot or whatever and they're obviously banking on that name recognition, but he's in china learning kung fu from Jackie Chan, that shit legit bugged me and I have no desire to watch it because of that. I don't care of that's unreasonable of me lol.

It really annoyed me too - I had to go & hack together a replacement poster for my movie library:

hu2iSypHWjglD8z3S_V_q4FMkq3slnpdJpGhJz08MFs

Unrelated, but related, I never knew the cast of Grease where supposed to play High Schoolers. Always thought they where College/University students at least until someone told me.

giphy.gif

I never payed attention to any details like the school, like why would they be teaching the "bird and the bees" to these grown-ass 6-footers. Oliva Newton John was 30 when she played the role of a high school prima donna Sandy.

Glix

Unrelated, but related, I never knew the cast of Grease where supposed to play High Schoolers. Always thought they where College/University students at least until someone told me.

giphy.gif

I never payed attention to any details like the school, like why would they be teaching the "bird and the bees" to these grown-ass 6-footers. Oliva Newton John was 30 when she played the role of a high school prima donna Sandy.

buscemiskateboard.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom